Non-Imm 'O' Or Tourist Visa +Wp Problems

I am a 28 year old British citizen currently teaching at a uni on a non-imm B visa and WP.

I have just been told that my contract will not be renewed for next term and my current contract will end on the 31st October.

What I would like to know is, what do I do now? What should I do with the WP and visa?

I guess the WP gets submitted back to the labour dept. and the visa is nullified after 5 days?

My other question was... If I wanted to stay here without working for the next 8 months (possible job offer coming in March next year), what visa can I get? And where/how?

Obviously, from what I have read, a non-imm O visa would be good just in case I cannot get work, but obviously I live in Thailand right now and it would be very expensive to go back to the UK just to obtain a year visa and I gather that Hull and Perth are the only places to get these 'visiting friends' visas. Are there any other options available to me?

Are you on an extension of stay from Immigration? If you are it ends the day work ends and you must immediately cancel that extension of stay and either leave or apply for a 7 day extension. If you are here on 90 day entry stamp from a multi entry visa the loss of employment would not effect that.

A two entry tourist visa from Vientiane would cover up to six months with 30 day extensions of stay (remember second entry has to be made while visa is valid).

As said, If you have a Non B Visa obtained from a Thai Consulate it will not be affected when your job finishes.

If you have an Extension of Stay obtained from Immigration it will end on the day you job finishes and you would have to leave the country or apply for a 7 day extension.

Thanks for the replies.

I first obtained my visa on the 6th December 2007 and it has been extended every year but I have to go to do 90 day checks. I guess that is an extension of stay.

My contract will end on the 31st October, can I apply for a 7 day extension now?

Do you have any idea how much it will cost?

With regards to the tourist visa, how do I apply for an extension of stay? I guess I just go to immigration with the correct forms?

You can not apply early for the 7 days as it is actually not going to be approved but they allow 7 days in that case. So on October 31 you take letter from firm to immigration saying your employment has ended and they cancel your extension of stay and you fill out a TM.7 normal extension of stay request for 7 days to get your things in order at a cost of photo and 1,900 baht. If you are ready to leave you can just do that and apply for the tourist visa. Before the 60 expire (do a few days early) you use the same TM.7/1,900 baht.

You can not apply early for the 7 days as it is actually not going to be approved but they allow 7 days in that case. So on October 31 you take letter from firm to immigration saying your employment has ended and they cancel your extension of stay and you fill out a TM.7 normal extension of stay request for 7 days to get your things in order at a cost of photo and 1,900 baht. If you are ready to leave you can just do that and apply for the tourist visa. Before the 60 expire (do a few days early) you use the same TM.7/1,900 baht.

Thank you for your help