Room Needed... Bangkok

smellyskater

Does anyone have a secret little gem of a place hidden away from the interweb!

I am looking for a room for about a month stay. Cheap hotel or room in house or high rise – anything really. I would like to be near the sky train or a motor taxi ride away. Anywhere along the Sukhumvit line would also be a bonus.

I have found one place that is 8000 a month but they are funny about bringing my girlfriend to stay also want a 3 month deposit!!

Other places I’m looking at are around the 500 a day or 5 - 7,000 a month.

As always any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Best regards.

27 hotel in soi 22 near the top so only 5 mins walk from bts or mrt 350 per night may do a discount for 1 month i doubt alot tho as very cheap anyway

has 24hr reception and they will keep id's of girls which is good aslong as your gf is over 18

sometimes room service cleanish and they will clean room every day

mostly comfy beds but known to break only twice tho small tv hot shower sometimes good budget hotel

but no windows thats a bit strange especially if some bird robs your phone and watch aint got a clue what the time is not that has heppened to me well not there anyway

no problems with bringing birds back although i brought 3 there 1 night had to pay 100 extra no extra for 2 tho

worth checking out

dont understand earlier post what would it matter if his girlfriend was from nigeria?

The Thai's always try the 3 month load for a one month stay and some Farang are stupid enough to pay it! There are many places who accept a security deposit and a month in advance and you just need to look but the girlfriend? Why would you even mention that? If you are bringing one from overseas there is no issue. If you have a local change by the day type make sure where you stay is more a short stay hotel and they will not complain!

Really ? I didn't know that 350 thb/night hotels still exist in Bkk ?

Soi 22 and Ekkamai ? Where else ?

Thanks.

All over Ramkhamhaeng Rd, can even get a place for 5,000 baht per month, in fact can get places for 2,000 to 2,500 per month depending on how desperate you are.

RGS, maybe you should define what you mean by "place"....

An 8 x 10 or 10 x 10 empty room with a toilet and maybe shower out on the small patio???

JFC, how observant of you to spot my typo, I did of course mean to write palace.

This type of accomodation isnt for the likes of you and I, more suited to itinerant workers, and others of that ilk.

However if there was no demand this type of accomodation wouldnt exist.

Havent seen you posting for a while, trust all is well.

Miss your roving reviews, check out this Fat Gutz place on Thong Lor if you are at a loose end, could sure do with an honest impartial no nonsense review of the place.

Hey RGS... thanks for the hello... I've been posting plenty....mostly on banking stuff, and a little on eating out...

I've been a bit busy on the home front lately, so not eating out as much... but still keeping a finger on the pulse...

I know the place on Thong Lo that you're mentioning... It's on my list, but, the welding shop deal isn't exactly my cup of tea... However, hamburgers are!!!

PS - BTW, I wasn't being critical about your comment about Ramkhamhaeng... Indeed the pricing opportunity is correct. It's just not the accommodation "most" Westerners are accustomed to calling home... Though I know quite a few Thai acquaintances who happily live thereabouts.