Pattaya To Penang

jori

I know there are some people living in Pattaya that drive down there on a regular run to Penang, (just done it myself with TGF). is there anybody out there considering moving over to Malaysia on the Second Home Programme?.

Just swift a enquiry,and if that guy I met there who imports cars through Malaysia could PM me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

We are planning a road trip to Penang next year for Lunar New Year celebration.

Tentative date: Depart from Chiang Mai February 25 / 26

Journey may take 3 days 2 nights; must reach Penang by 1st march.

Plenty of backroom to accommodate for 2-3 folks.

PM is welcome ...

Depending on your nationality you get 3 months hassle free tourist visa every time you go to Penang. You can live there and just take a short hop by bus to Thailand and come straight back and get another three months. No visa fees involved either way. You can buy a car and you may be able to buy a condo or apartment. You can open a bank account.

Your Thai driving license is valid in Malaysia.But you might be able to get a Malaysian one.

If you are married to a Thai she will get only one month each time. But the border is only a short distance so she can easily make the journey once a month. You can also get very cheap Duty free liquor just before the Thai border and bring it back with you.

We are planning a road trip to Penang next year for Lunar New Year celebration.

Tentative date: Depart from Chiang Mai February 25 / 26

Journey may take 3 days 2 nights; must reach Penang by 1st march.

Plenty of backroom to accommodate for 2-3 folks.

PM is welcome ...

Now that is a long trip,good time to go tho to escape the water throwing.

Basically it is a doddle,good roads etc,gets a bit boring going down the south it seems to be all managed forestry plantations and a two foot wave out at sea would sweep the entire southern bit away,one hour into darkness ,one hour just before sun up seemed a star and endt to a good driving session,let the TGF sniff out the Thai eqiv of a motel ,about 250 Bht a nght. Did not bother about insurance or licence,no cops to be seen the other side.Get some Malay currency for road toll, its cheap tho

Butterworth about one hour into Malaysia,we dropped car off in long stay car park by the ferry (20 p ) a day caught ferry (25 p) coming back free. Public transport excellent and cheap.Depending where you go guest house or hotel I would say it is a third off the price there than here.Can go over the bridge with your car but if you get onto coastal strip it becomes a maze

Personally I liked Penang,living costs are a lot cheaper than here ,medical/dental are next to nothing and I can import a maid so the TGF can come along,can buy Cadburys chocolate and a genune Tesco (no Lotus).10 year multi entry visa are on offer so on another Pattaya run soon ,explore the housing which apper to be damned cheap too.

Hope you enjoy it.