Which Class Was The Family You Grew Up With?

Jingthing

Hiso, loso, noso, bozo?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The economic class of the family we grow up with often determines a lot about our later lives. Class mobility varies across different cultures of course, with upward and/or downward mobility more common in some than others. In any case, this is about your family of origin. What class was it? It may be interesting to understand the demographic background of the members here.

If the terminology isn't exactly what you would use, or would be common in your country, I'm sure you can translate it to come up with answer closest to the correct answer for you.

I considered adding an option for people from orphanages and multiple foster care families, but decided not to. I reckon they can also pick a class closest to what they felt like growing up.

These classes are self defined. How did you feel, how did your family feel. Not about specific income levels or assets of course. I do think most people have enough of a class consciousness to know what class their family was.

A picture of Karl Marx to get you in the mood for voting --

post-37101-009685000 1285454432_thumb.jp

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I always find the most succesful people in life are always from the low end class , as they are not handed it on a plate , my dad for example was brought up in a 2 up 2 down house in london , living with 7 family members . He made it to uni to simply get away from that enviroment , he later became a very succesful buiness man and was the mrketing director of gm in the 90's ... But what he did payed off on me , he never handed anything on a plate to me , but made me work for it !

Well success and wealth are not always the same things. Most of the wealthiest Americans I have known were born into upper class families with secure trust funds with no actual economic need to ever pursue a profession, though most did, and they all had a big leg up in doing so over people from more modest backgrounds. For example, guaranteed admission to Harvard, etc. based on family connections, not merit ...

Just the one drawing room in our house. The maid only worked 4 days a week, and the chauffeur couldn't take me to school on Wednesdays as he took momsie to our paddock. Pops couldn't afford his own helicopter, he had to use the family one, so I went for lower class, verging on homeless. It was a dreadful time in my life.

JT,

You need another option in the Poll. I was bred by a mongrel breed of murders and rapist people & raised for a number of years (true story), yet they were all killed and I was Orphaned & later adopted by a wealthy family who dragged me up to be the fine upstanding member of the community that I am today :whistling::lol: . Tragically, my new adopted family was also tragically killed in two seperate accidents, this of which has left me as the sole heir to the family fortune.

Following that little windfall, I gambled my millions on a double or nothing bet on the roulette table and lost before ending up here in LOS, sitting on the steps of 7eleven drinking cheap beer B)

So, in short, which option do I pick?

JT,

You need another option in the Poll. I was bred by a mongrel breed of murders and rapist people & raised for a number of years (true story), yet they were all killed and I was Orphaned & later adopted by a wealthy family who dragged me up to be the fine upstanding member of the community that I am today :whistling::lol: . Tragically, my new adopted family was also tragically killed in two seperate accidents, this of which has left me as the sole heir to the family fortune.

Following that little windfall, I gambled my millions on a double or nothing bet on the roulette table and lost before ending up here in LOS, sitting on the steps of 7eleven drinking cheap beer B)

So, in short, which option do I pick?

Cool_story_bro.jpeg