Retirement Extension Renewal In Pattaya - Checklist

It's that time of the year again. I'd be very grateful if someone would confirm precisely what is now required by the Immigration Office in Jomtien. I think (!) I need:

- Bank letter not more than 1 week old

- Consulate letter for income

- TM7

- proof of address

What else?

Am I right in thinking that no doctor's letter is required?

Cheers and thanks.

Edited by crab

I use the bank account method only, but I wouldn't go in there with a bank letter older than the previous day, or from Friday going in Monday. Of course you need a photo and one copy of key passport pages/bank book pages. Absolutely 100 percent NO medical form needed!

Edited by Jingthing

I personally also would fill in a TM 8 (plus one photo) for a one re-entry.

Depending on your personal circumstances,one day you need an urgent travel outside the country.!

(especially now that there is NO immigration service at the airport anymore)

Copy of last 2 pages of passbook

Copy of front page of passbook showing name ( if joint account copy of marriage certificate)

Sign all copy pages.

Telephone number on TM7 (front)

Do a reentry permit the next day when you pick up passport.

They told me bank letter good for one week ,but I suggest the nearer the better.

Make sure you update your passbook the same day as the letter is done ( even though you may have no transactions to add) and totals are the same.

Edited by pontious

You do not say if you are extending using the income pension letter only or a combination of money in the bank and the letter, unless I missed that. If using the pension letter only from the Embassy then no bank letter is needed ( my experience) and the rule. Nice to have one available if asked for though.

Also you did not mention the copies of your passport pages(signed).

One photo 4cm x 6cm

No medical cert is needed.

If you download the TM 7, fill it out and print it before you go there make sure the form is printed on one sheet of A4 paper front and back side as they will not accept two sheets.

You do not say if you are extending using the income pension letter only or a combination of money in the bank and the letter, unless I missed that. If using the pension letter only from the Embassy then no bank letter is needed ( my experience) and the rule. Nice to have one available if asked for though.

Also you did not mention the copies of your passport pages(signed).

One photo 4cm x 6cm

No medical cert is needed.

If you download the TM 7, fill it out and print it before you go there make sure the form is printed on one sheet of A4 paper front and back side as they will not accept two sheets.

LB53098 - Do you use Jomtien? I use income letter and have always had to provide bank letter -even though not required under the rules.

Thank you, everyone. This is very helpful.

Yes, I'll be applying in Jomtien, and using a combination of income and bank deposit. The bank letter will need to be a few days old, unless I can use a bank branch other thank my own. My account is with SCS in Bangkok. I wonder whether whether I could obtain the letter from any SCS branch in Pattaya/Jomtien. Does anyone have experience of that? No matter, I'll call the bank first.