Makro

mr_lob

I'm planning to go to Makro to buy a heap of stuff for house/office - but their website is only in Thai and i need to know whether you need to sign up to something in advance....or can you just turn up and shop?

Ta

Lob

I'm planning to go to Makro to buy a heap of stuff for house/office - but their website is only in Thai and i need to know whether you need to sign up to something in advance....or can you just turn up and shop?

Ta

Lob

in case u wanna shopping at makro, you need to be the member of Makro..then you can shopping, and you will get a card .. can you borrow somebody there?

Bambi

You can just turn up and shop- no card needed. I've been there many times (close to my house) and never registered.

This is true. But there is different lanes for checkout. You can register on the day when you arrive if you want. Saves the hassles. Me and a mate went there to buy stuff one time. We queued up for 10 minutes and got to the front and they asked for our card. Sorrry we dont have one. They said. You must goto another queue. Luckily some decent nice Thai guy behind us let us use his card. I think you get points or something. You can always play the i'm a dumb farang card. No stress they will serve you.IMO

Edited by Jockstar

.. can  you borrow  somebody there?

Bambi

actually, i was looking at buying some furniture, haven't got a trip to Nana planned for a while :o

there are cheaper options than makro . u just have to know where to look. in bkk most makro let you shop but out of town stores sometimes insist on business credentials before they give you a membership

there are cheaper options than makro . u just have to know where to look. in bkk most makro let you shop but out of town stores sometimes insist on business credentials before they give you a membership

i'm actually down in Krabi so will be going to the Surat Thani branch....i have all my Thai Co docs so i guess its a good idea to take them and get membership.

This is true. But there is different lanes for checkout.

Didn't realize that- I've never had to change queues. I must get lucky every time, or the queue for the "no hab card" is the shortest! :o

You can also walk up to the service counter and tell them you don't have a card. They usually give you a temporary number you can use at checkout. Keep it in your wallet for later visits.

ohh yesss.. i heard about it b4 ... try to contact with customer service..

i think its no prob ... no one wanna lose the customer ..

Bambi

Dont all places charge the same VAT rate then?

Butcher, you are probably right. I always noticed Makro's tax on the reciept and thought it was just them. Dug around in my wallet and see supermarkets charge vat as well , my bad :o

Uncle paul; can you give us some tips as to cheaper places than Macro? Cheers!

.. can  you borrow  somebody there?

Bambi

actually, i was looking at buying some furniture, haven't got a trip to Nana planned for a while :o