Thai Democrats Could Win General Elections If Poll Held Now

webfact

With the military backing them with guns sure they will win.

In any of the last 4 elections was there any evidence of the army influencing the way people voted. I think there was more evidence of the reds 'encouraging' people to vote a certain way than there was for the army.

In the last 3 years we have seen truly who the army wants in power (if its not them). Failed to disperse the crowd at the airport that cost the country billions of dollars yet were prepared to shoot 100's of people who shut down a shopping district.

The yellow shirts were at the airport for 9 days and left peacefully. The red shirts shut down a shopping district for nearly 60 days, shooting at the army and civilians, and finishing off with burning down a few buildings.

Besides dealing with the protests, what have the army been involved in since the elections, except a lot of speculation, of course.

I would think if the Dems dissolved Parliament now that drops the court case against them. Then right now the raw feelings of what the Kwai Daeng did will mean the Dems (by this poll) would be back in for another term. I think it sound logic and the votes would tell the truth as long as they are not tapered with. It may just be the right move! The leadership of the Dems can then be sorted after reelection. I would go for it now.

By the Way if polling agencies were really polling, they would go out to the country side.

They did.

They would survey Izan and the North.

If by Izan, you mean Issan, then they did both.

As we all know ABAC and Dusit think that the country is made up out of a maximum of 12 provinces

They did more than double your number.

all located in DP land. In and around BKK.,

They surveyed all over the country:

ABAC Poll: Democrats get upper hand in election

BANGKOK, 27 September 2010 (NNT) – The ruling Democrat Party is likely to gain higher support from voters than the opposition Pheu Thai Party if a general election were held today, but its victory would not be a landslide, according to the recent survey by the Assumption University Research Center (ABAC Poll).

The survey was conducted with 4,312 respondents in 28 provinces during 1-25 September 2010 on their preference of political party if an election were held today.

50.7% of the respondents chose the Democrat Party, while 33.0% voted for Pheu Thai Party. 16.3% preferred others.

Considering the age factor, more respondents in all age groups preferred the Democrat Party to Pheu Thai.

56.3% of the respondents aged more than 50 years old, as well as 42.4% of those aged less than 20 would vote for the Democrat Party.

In terms of professions, the respondents working as employees at private companies voted for the Democrat Party the most at 57.7%. 47.8% and 40.5% of the respondents working as government officials would vote for the Democrat and the Pheu Thai Parties respectively.

Talking by regions, 49% of the respondents living in the Northeast would vote for the Pheu Thai Party. 32.1% would vote for the Democrat Party. But in the lower parts of the country, the Democrats proved more popular with 50.7% of the respondents in the central region and 92.0% of the southerners voting for them.

Rivalry is neck to neck in the northern part as 43.9% of the respondents said they would vote for the Democrat Party while other 41.7% would go for the Pheu Thai Party. As for Bangkok, 45.9% of the respondents would choose the Democrat Party and 36.7% would choose the Pheu Thai Party.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-09-27 footer_n.gif

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

I would think if the Dems dissolved Parliament now that drops the court case against them. Then right now the raw feelings of what the Kwai Daeng did will mean the Dems (by this poll) would be back in for another term. I think it sound logic and the votes would tell the truth as long as they are not tapered with. It may just be the right move! The leadership of the Dems can then be sorted after reelection. I would go for it now.

I don't think dissolving parliament would have any effect on the court case. If a crime has been committed it will be punished. Of course court is still hearing witnesses for the next few weeks. Must be fun. Some we read in this forum / Nation is really amusing. I liked the complaint by some witnesses that the Dem's dared to ask for receipts, imagine the cheek these guys had.

Edited by rubl