Man Shot At Stockwell Tube Station

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another passenger on the train, Anthony Larkin, told BBC News the man had been wearing a "bomb belt with wires coming out".

"I've seen these police officers shouting, 'Get down, get down!', and I've seen this guy who appears to have a bomb belt and wires coming out.

-bbc

"As a nation, you guys have been through it before and I greatly admire the general British 'get on with it' attitude.

Never let 'em see you flinch "

You folks are a brave lot and to be commended for your handling of the dangerous situation you are in at the present.

I'm glad you are on our side.

And I hope we see the end of it sometime soon.

~WISteve

Nice Shooting Brits!

Regards

American

Yeah I'll put in a well done from the Aussies. These ba##ards don't deserve any mercy at all. :o and I also agree with Boo and Pattaya Fox Who the <deleted> would run from a bunch of heavily armed police no matter where you are especially after the recent sh#t that's gone down over there?

Another passenger on the train, Anthony Larkin, told BBC News the man had been wearing a "bomb belt with wires coming out".

"I've seen these police officers shouting, 'Get down, get down!', and I've seen this guy who appears to have a bomb belt and wires coming out.

-bbc

A few scousers have also been spotted with wires coming out their belts but turns out it was only car stereos. :o

-bbc

A few scousers have also been spotted with wires coming out their belts but turns out it was only car stereos. :D

:o:D

Just a couple of additions.

The theory behind the head shots is so as not to chance detonating any bomb strapped to the body.

It has been suggested that the a reason the explosives failed yesterday is that the 7th July explosive has a short shelf life (so I apologise in advance for the following but it looks like the explosive which was meant to go off had already gone off).

It had also been suggested that the dead guy had been under surveillance.

Edited by Vulture

-bbc

A few scousers have also been spotted with wires coming out their belts but turns out it was only car stereos. :D

:o:D

Yeah. 5 shots was ummm  overkill  :o

I think they use special low velocity bullets...can't think of the name of them, but they are the same type used by Air Marshals on Planes.

This would mean that the bullet won't pass through the whole body and injure bystanders etc.

I read somewhere that the "Police" were SAS blokes attached to the old bill.....which if correct could explain the overkill. :D

Doesn't anybody find it disturbing that they had this guy pinned down and then they shot him five times in the head?

Wouldn't it have been an intelligence coup to have captured him alive for further interrogation?

Don't forget that two suspects that were arrested immediately after the bombing were eventually let go.

This is the heaviest story to come out yet...

One of the last victims of the London bombings to be named by police was a young Afghan Muslim whose parents were killed by the Taleban.

"Ateeque Sharifi, 24, who was living in Hounslow, West London, fled Kabul three years ago to seek refuge in Britain. He was the only male member of his family to escape death at the hands of the Taleban. He died in the explosion set off by bomber Jermaine Lindsay as their Piccadilly Line train approached the station at Russell Square.

Eight months after arriving in Britain, Mr Sharifi enrolled in West Thames College and began mastering the English language, working in his spare time at a take-away pizza restaurant. Most of his wages were sent to Afghanistan to his younger sister who still lives there."

The islamofaschists demand that we withdraw our troops from Iraq - and Afghanistan, and from every other Muslim country (and the Jews, presumably, withdraw themselves altogether from their country). These demands are accompanied by nods of agreement from much of our intelligencia and the commentariat, who agree that such withdrawal would stop terrorism and make all our current problems go away. And, if only the Americans would withdraw from Iraq... :o

Stupid question of the day:-

BBC interviewer: And what did you see?

Eyewitness: He half tripped, was half pushed to the ground by undercover police who shot him 5 times in the head.

BBC interviewer: Is he dead?

Eyewitness: (Slight chuckle to himself) Err, yeah!

Scouse.

Stupid question of the day:-

BBC interviewer: And what did you see?

Eyewitness: He half tripped, was half pushed to the ground by undercover police who shot him 5 times in the head.

BBC interviewer: Is he dead?

Eyewitness: (Slight chuckle to himself) Err, yeah!

Scouse.

But the other funny thing he said was "I heard 5 shots..bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang" :o

Doesn't anybody find it disturbing that they had this guy pinned down and then they shot him five times in the head?

Wouldn't it have been an intelligence coup to have captured him alive for further interrogation?

Don't forget that two suspects that were arrested immediately after the bombing were eventually let go.

its appears that the man police shot in the head was innocent and not connected to the bombings !!

>>>Saturday July 23, 05:09 PM

Man shot dead by police not connected to bomb attacks

LONDON (Reuters) - Police said on Saturday the man they shot dead on Friday at a London Underground train station was not connected to bomb attacks on the British capital.

"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005," police said in a statement.

disturbing propaganda put out by the police .first they said his details were found in a rucksack and had been following him, now it turns out that he wasnt connected to the bombers at all.

it seems they blew his brains out for no good reason !

its appears that the man police shot in the head was innocent and not connected to the bombings !!

>>>Saturday July 23, 05:09 PM

Man shot dead by police not connected to bomb attacks

LONDON (Reuters) - Police said on Saturday the man they shot dead on Friday at a London Underground train station was not connected to bomb attacks on the British capital.

"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005," police said in a statement.

BBC:An Ex Scotland yard commando, said that it sounded like an SAS assasination rather than a metro Police shooting. :o

As I said yesterday in this column, he (the deceased) was in no way related to the incidents of July 21st and had no bag or rucksack. He was just an Asian man (not Pakistani) who jumped over a turnstile like young men do at Stockwell tube station and chased by plain-clothed men, who shouted; 'get him', 'get down' and 'stop'.

He had every right to be afraid, the 'fight or flight' reflex is automatic, maybe this guy had a few Brixton drug gang enemies?

Now he is dead, and the backlash will be bad. The police enquiry will take ages and the policeman (executioner) will be found not guilty. If the police are truthful and admit a huge mistake, all well and good, but I just hope there isn't a cover-up.

maybe he was scared by the plain clothes police guys ??

Saturday July 23, 05:28 PM

Man shot dead by police not connected to bombs

LONDON (Reuters) - Police acknowledged on Saturday the man they shot dead on Friday was not connected to bomb attacks on London the previous day, calling the shooting tragic and regrettable.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets," the police said.

Police hunting four men who tried to bomb London's transport system on Thursday -- two weeks after suicide bombers killed 52 commuters -- shot dead the man who had been under surveillance and refused orders to halt.

The killing at point-blank range with five shots to the head in front of shocked passengers on a packed underground train triggered speculation that traditionally unarmed police had radically changed their iron-fist-in-velvet-glove approach.

"The man emerged from a block of flats in the Stockwell area that were under police surveillance as part of the investigation into the incidents on Thursday 21st July.

"He was then followed by surveillance officers to the underground station. His clothing and behaviour added to their suspicions," the statement said.

It added that the circumstances that led to the man's death were being investigated.

Man shot dead by police not connected to bombs

LONDON (Reuters) - Police acknowledged on Saturday the man they shot dead on Friday was not connected to bomb attacks on London the previous day, calling the shooting tragic and regrettable.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets," the police said.

Police hunting four men who tried to bomb London's transport system on Thursday -- two weeks after suicide bombers killed 52 commuters -- shot dead the man who had been under surveillance and refused orders to halt.

The killing at point-blank range with five shots to the head in front of shocked passengers on a packed underground train triggered speculation that traditionally unarmed police had radically changed their iron-fist-in-velvet-glove approach.

"The man emerged from a block of flats in the Stockwell area that were under police surveillance as part of the investigation into the incidents on Thursday 21st July.

"He was then followed by surveillance officers to the underground station. His clothing and behaviour added to their suspicions," the statement said.

It added that the circumstances that led to the man's death were being investigated.

Bugger.

This story is getting way too much out of hand and suspicous.

First reports were the guy was linked to anti terror groups, now he's not, has he been identified yet? Who made the shooting, we have heard police but it sounds like it wasn't, some other Govt agency, maybe SAS, maybe one we don't know about?

And why did they shoot him? Suspected he had a bomb on him? Sorry, I don't buy that. If they suspected he had a bomb on him they would not have all bundled the guy to the ground as that would likely cause the bomb to go off anyway, much better to shoot him from a distance I would have thought.

Execution is the word I kept noticing from a witness.

Why would they execute the guy if they knew he didn't have a bomb. The paranoid part of me thinks to keep this man quiet. It all sounds too suss.

Political situations like this are very involved and very cloak and dagger, we can't imagine what our government is capable of when it comes to a matter of preserving national security. Even the media is only going to be allowed to report what it is allowed to report at this time. We will never find out who this man is and why he is shot, as our only sources of information is the tv and internet and newspapers and all can be controlled with great ease.