Janus - The Two-Faced Roman God Of Beginnings And Endings

StreetCowboy

I was just thinking about my last drink, and I remembered some of the other threads on this forum.

Do you look forward to your last drink / meal / holiday, or do you look back on it.

Do you think "things are as good as they possibly could be" or do you think "from here, things can only get worse?"

If you could change one thing to improve the world, what would you change?

And if you could change one thing to improve the world, would you do it?

And why not?

SC

I am going to think about this and then come back!

I'm Back! :whistling:

I look back on holidays, memories.

I think things can always get better, for everyone. but gotta work for it.

faster travel would be my world changing thingy. and if I could do it I would because it would make me rich :clap2:

Edited by onnut
  • Like 1

Crikey. I have to stay off the 'falling over water'. I never think about my last drink. :blink:

Young man - you have too much time on your hands.

Forget the Roman crxp. (Wasn't Janus in Friday the 13th?)

Live for NOW.

Live as if every breath might be your last. Every drink might be your last. Every meal might be your last. Every sha... ooops sorry.

Forget about if only......

Forget about What if......

JFDI (Just <deleted> Do It

If it's good - applaud it.

If it's wrong - stop it.

If it feels good (and is legal) - do it.

If it feels good and is illegal - stop for a moment and reflect on the consequences. What the heck it might feel good, but only as long as no one else gets hurt.

Sorry - I forgot about the one thing to change the world.

Remove everyone from the planet who pays a bribe! Only then will we stop corruption. (Why does everyone only complain about the people who take the money. If no one gives - no one gets.)

Edited for bad spelling :jap:

Edited by Tropicalevo

faster travel would be my world changing thingy. and if I could do it I would because it would make me rich :clap2:

(I was going to post a reference to the post about arguing for the sake of arguing...)

I'm going to argue with everything you say - but actually, not for the sake of arguing, but for the sake of agreeing.

I look forward to holidays,m and I look forward to memories as well - As Robbie Williams sang - I Hope I'm old, before I die - I hope I live to relive the times gone by"

I fthings can always get better, they're clearly not as good as they could be...The fact is, that if you had nothing to work on to improve, we'd all be worse off....

Faster travel is no travel at all. Distance is in the travel, and the speed of travel is the sole cause of our smaller world. In the old days, every high street in every country was different, whereas now, every country is there in every high street. Before, there was an infinity of high streets; but now, I can travel the world without leaving my village. Mind, its still just as exciting, because although I've got a world on my desk-top, my neighbours are strangers...

SC

Crikey. I have to stay off the 'falling over water'. I never think about my last drink. :blink:

Young man - you have too much time on your hands.

Forget the Roman crxp. (Wasn't Janus in Friday the 13th?)

Live for NOW.

Live as if every breath might be your last. Every drink might be your last. Every meal might be your last. Every sha... ooops sorry.

Forget about if only......

Forget about What if......

JFDI (Just <deleted> Do It

If it's good - applaud it.

If it's wrong - stop it.

If it feels good (and is legal) - do it.

If it feels good and is illegal - stop for a moment and reflect on the consequences. What the heck it might feel good, but only as long as no one else gets hurt.

I never used to think about my last drink either; actually, it was rare that I would remember my last drink, I suppose I should have thought more about the first drink...

Young man... I'll let him answer that ...

You forget your culture at your peril, Wiser heads than you invented stories to mould our minds, and if we don't think about them then we address them unthinking...

I was too slow; I'll have to li ve for now instead, and do a couple of things I'd like to do for when I live later on tonight, and tomorrow morning...

I like to live each moment as if I might finish the thing that I'm doing; that's why I drop my kegs before I take a piss....

For the sake of completeness...

No life is too short

SC

(I was going to post a reference to the post about arguing for the sake of arguing...)

I'm going to argue with everything you say - but actually, not for the sake of arguing, but for the sake of agreeing.

I look forward to holidays,m and I look forward to memories as well - As Robbie Williams sang - I Hope I'm old, before I die - I hope I live to relive the times gone by"

I fthings can always get better, they're clearly not as good as they could be...The fact is, that if you had nothing to work on to improve, we'd all be worse off....

Faster travel is no travel at all. Distance is in the travel, and the speed of travel is the sole cause of our smaller world. In the old days, every high street in every country was different, whereas now, every country is there in every high street. Before, there was an infinity of high streets; but now, I can travel the world without leaving my village. Mind, its still just as exciting, because although I've got a world on my desk-top, my neighbours are strangers...

SC

one thing id change to improve the world.

get rid of <deleted> like robbie williams asap ! bah.gif

would i do it ? fuc_k yes ! and in any way possible. preferably in a form of torture like locking him on a room with dr. fox from crapital radio or whatever dunce head station is employing him now and playing "angels" over and over and over and over again until he realized what a <deleted> track it really is and decides to take his own life. biggrin.gif

Edited by tigerfish