Long Queue'S For Krispykreme Doughnuts

theoldgit

There was still a massive line up twisting around inside the mall and then heading outside today at lunch time. I'll try again in a couple of months just before they close down, they ain't that good!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand they have some promotions in the beginning first 100 people get free stuff and so on.... Don't think people only stand in line just for the donuts

The promotion ended over a week ago.

Still today its impossible to buy a donut unless you are willing to stand in a queue for more than 1 hour. Believe it or not.

Only Thais have the patience to line up in the queue , I think if they continue like this they will have a serious obesity problem in this country soon!

Edited by balo

Yesterday the queue was 3 hours long! I parked my car at Paragon at 730a to go to the gym and I counted over 30 people waiting and they were not for sale till 10am. When I finished the gym around 1030a I went down to Starbucks and I could see the same people still at the front and about 300 more people waiting behind! When they first opened they were allowing only 2 dozen donuts per customer and now they have a sign up saying only 1 dozen per customer. If you use your Citibank card you can buy one dozen and get another dozen free! However you still have to wait 3 hours!! With schools and universities out for October break now, I expect the queues to get longer until finally everybody realizes it's just a donut. They are also opening one soon at Central World.

Yesterday the queue was 3 hours long! I parked my car at Paragon at 730a to go to the gym and I counted over 30 people waiting and they were not for sale till 10am. When I finished the gym around 1030a I went down to Starbucks and I could see the same people still at the front and about 300 more people waiting behind! When they first opened they were allowing only 2 dozen donuts per customer and now they have a sign up saying only 1 dozen per customer. If you use your Citibank card you can buy one dozen and get another dozen free! However you still have to wait 3 hours!! With schools and universities out for October break now, I expect the queues to get longer until finally everybody realizes it's just a donut. They are also opening one soon at Central World.

They taste just like Daddy Dough to me. I think if and when enough people figure that out, the line will become shorter.

Yesterday the queue was 3 hours long! I parked my car at Paragon at 730a to go to the gym and I counted over 30 people waiting and they were not for sale till 10am. When I finished the gym around 1030a I went down to Starbucks and I could see the same people still at the front and about 300 more people waiting behind!

I hope you were not intending buying doughnuts after your work out? :blink:

Edited by theoldgit

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing. The Thais are obsessed with KK and I have no idea why. On a business trip to Bali 4 years ago my staff were rushing out to by them in time to get to the airport and and take them home as a gift.

The queue was even longer yesterday than the last time I was there. Outside Paragon people were lining up and had to wait at least 2 hours for their donuts.... :lol:

Edited by balo

Whilst walking down from the BTS the other day i saw a huge crowd outside i assumed there was some pop group or similar cool event happening.

When walking nearer I was stunned to see it was people queueing for f'en donuts, they look to sweet and sickly for my tastes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they are that good!

Not to Australians

D'ough! Krispy Kreme going bust

1/11/2010 9:04:57 AM811125_01NOV10KrispyKreme_400x300.jpg The Australian arm of the Krispy Kreme doughnut company is going into administration, citing poor sales and high costs. Australians still love Homer Simpson, and we're catching up with the US in the obesity stakes, but it seems you can't make money selling American doughnuts Down Under.

Krispy Kreme doughnuts is going into voluntary administration because of poor sales.

Same story in Hong Kong.. Within 2 years after opening, 5 out of 7 shops had closed down.. The rest followed soon afterwards,,

Yep the company has just gone bust in Australia also. They couldn't give the stuff away. I guess doughnuts are just an American thing like Vegemite is to Australians

Yes, they are that good!

Not to Australians

1/11/2010 9:04:57 AM811125_01NOV10KrispyKreme_400x300.jpg The Australian arm of the Krispy Kreme doughnut company is going into administration, citing poor sales and high costs. Australians still love Homer Simpson, and we're catching up with the US in the obesity stakes, but it seems you can't make money selling American doughnuts Down Under.

Krispy Kreme doughnuts is going into voluntary administration because of poor sales.

Probably the same in the UK. I was recently back in London with my TGF and she could not believe how deserted the KK outlets were when we visited. I tried one of hers and didn't like it at all. Too sweet.

Yes, they are that good!

Not to Australians

Probably the same in the UK. I was recently back in London with my TGF and she could not believe how deserted the KK outlets were when we visited. I tried one of hers and didn't like it at all. Too sweet.

Yes I agree they are like sticking your tongue into a bag of sugar, disgusting and leaves you feeling sick afterwards. But Americans love this sort of food and Aussies don't so I guess that is why it never really takes off outside of the USA.

I guess now that they have gone bankrupt in Australia there will be no doughnut DAY on the 4th june next year in Oz like in the USA. Dam shame that I was going to starve myself until then. Then stack on the 15 billion caleries in on hit. (single doughnut)

But Americans love this sort of food and Aussies don't so I guess that is why it never really takes off outside of the USA.

Nonsense. There are plenty of cheap, low quality, sugary snacks sold everywhere in OZ. :rolleyes:

Yes we like Tim Tams a traditional Aussie biscuit at the supermarket but we don't line for 15 hours for one.:D We don't have national Tim Tam day, We don't have crooks asking our Police "What you haven't had your Tim Tams today" Don't have a Homer Simpson drooling "Tim Tams." :D Dougnuts are a big part of American culture and you will never get rid of that stigma. Yes Aussie eat your Hungry Jacks (Burger King) KFC ect but doughnuts never quite made it.:jap:

But Americans love this sort of food and Aussies don't so I guess that is why it never really takes off outside of the USA.

Nonsense. There are plenty of cheap, low quality, sugary snacks sold everywhere in OZ. :rolleyes:

Doughnuts to an aussie is like asking an American to eat vegemite.

Yes I agree they are like sticking your tongue into a bag of sugar, disgusting and leaves you feeling sick afterwards. But Americans love this sort of food and Aussies don't so I guess that is why it never really takes off outside of the USA.

I hate to get in the way of your tirade but the KK fad in America ended long ago and they have been closing tons of stores in the US

Same story in Hong Kong.. Within 2 years after opening, 5 out of 7 shops had closed down.. The rest followed soon afterwards,,

Yep the company has just gone bust in Australia also. They couldn't give the stuff away. I guess doughnuts are just an American thing like Vegemite is to Australians

Can't live without my "vagina mite"

Waiting 2 or 3 hours for a iPad I can understand, but for donuts? Who are those people? They don't have a job, or a life? I would be seriously interested if they would interview people in the queue to know who those people are, their job and family situation.

Also, I saw a couple of people on the street with 4 of 5 KK boxes, I'm assuming they're reselling them? :blink: I guess if there are people crazy enough to wait 3 hours for donuts, there are people crazy enough to buy KK donuts on the street.

Yes we like Tim Tams a traditional Aussie biscuit at the supermarket but we don't line for 15 hours for one.:D

I never heard of an American standing in a long line for a Krispy Kreem. Blame the Thais for that.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Waiting 2 or 3 hours for a iPad I can understand, but for donuts? Who are those people? They don't have a job, or a life? I would be seriously interested if they would interview people in the queue to know who those people are, their job and family situation.

Also, I saw a couple of people on the street with 4 of 5 KK boxes, I'm assuming they're reselling them? :blink: I guess if there are people crazy enough to wait 3 hours for donuts, there are people crazy enough to buy KK donuts on the street.

Those people might have been sent to buy donuts for their entire office.

Those people might have been sent to buy donuts for their entire office.

I meant, people sitting on a chair on the street, with the boxes in front of them on a table. It did look like they were selling them.