I Desperately Need A Super Fast Internet Connection

motoyen

Does anyone know where I can access a high speed internet line? I need to upload some HD video files and there is no way I can do it on the my home connection. I'm willing to pay if anyone has a decent T1 or fiber optic line that I can use. Thanks

How much data are you going to send and where are you sending it to? And where are you located? BKK?

Most connections - even premium - only have a 1Mb uplink. I have never actually seen a connection with more than that in Thailand.

When I previously had to upload a few GBs from a slow connection, I used FileZilla and set it up to automatically retry and resume meaning nothing gets uploaded twice, and when the connection goes down it just reconnects. Then let it run overnight. The connection is bound to drop a few times, and you don't want to be sitting in front of the computer all the time.

Actually I just see 3BB has added a 20M/4M option to their indy package so looks like you can get a 4Mbit uplink. See here. But if you have a lot of data, the reconnect/resume function will be more important for a successful upload.

FedEx overnight of a 1TB hard disk is hard to beat for lots of data - maybe 48 hours for 1TB would be 50 Mbps uplink. Constant speed, too.

This Google converter is nothing short of genius.

We can quickly show where your cutoff point is: Let's say we upload at 1Mbps for 10 hours, we can upload 5GB in 10 hours if we have constant speed and a reconnect/resume function.

How much data to you have?

Edited by nikster

I used FileZilla and set it up to automatically retry and resume meaning nothing gets uploaded twice, and when the connection goes down it just reconnects.

Thanks for that idea.

I have downloaded Filezilla, and love the way it automatically reconnects when the line bounces.

Just what I need for my seedbox transfers. :thumbsup:

I used FileZilla and set it up to automatically retry and resume meaning nothing gets uploaded twice, and when the connection goes down it just reconnects.

Thanks for that idea.

I have downloaded Filezilla, and love the way it automatically reconnects when the line bounces.

Just what I need for my seedbox transfers. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I particularly like the "resume" option - if you uploaded 1.9GB of a 2GB file, then the connection drops... it reconnects, and proceeds to upload the rest, rather than starting from zero again. A life-saver!