Tired Of The Farang Lady Diatribe!

khall64au

Not really a fight Bambi, just a heated discussion. :D We still love one another and hold hands and nice things like that.

But only after a few rounds. :D

I lOVE YOU, MAN!

:D

mon dieu

guys in this world are less .. please save em for girls

(pooh chay mee noi , prod chai soy yang pra yad) :D:D:D

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

Not really a fight Bambi, just a heated discussion. :D We still love one another and hold hands and nice things like that.

But only after a few rounds. :D

I lOVE YOU, MAN!

:D

mon dieu

guys in this world are less .. please save em for girls

(pooh chay mee noi , prod chai soy yang pra yad) :D:D:D

Bambi :o

It's purely brotherly! I swear! :D:D

If a farang woman marries a Thai man, I'm pretty sure she can have Thai citizenship immediately if she should choose to, which means she can then work without a work permit and own land in her own name. This is the same as Singapore.

TokyoT - great post, agree, but do you find its all western women or just a minority, or what?

Not so sure if it is a minority or majority.

But I actually sympathize with women who want to be more career oriented. Some times a woman is forced to choose between what some societies deem the idea of being an “ideal” wife/mom or being an “ideal” businesswoman. It tends to be far more acceptable in many societies for the father to devote many hours away from the home and still be seen as a good father – as he is off making a living for the family. But when a working woman has a child she has to juggle spending enough time at the office to justify possible future advancement, and spending enough time at home to be considered a good mom.

I truly sympathize with these types of situations, and I feel very grateful that I have sufficient income to allow my wife to remain at home, and that my wife is happy being a stay at home mother and wife (at least for the time being). It is not like I had to travel to Thailand to find a woman who wanted to be a stay at home mom/wife. There are plenty of western women that would be happy to fill this roll. Just that some of the more “liberated” women seem to equate a stay at home mom/wife as being demure and lacking the intelligence of the working women of the world. This was not directed any one on this forum. The example I used in my earlier post was my sister (back in the US). I think that many women have to struggle with this issue (working/stay at home) in a way that many of us men can not truly grasp.

As for the OP I still think that most of the guys who actually bash western women regularly do this because of bad past experiences (some of those bad experience were do to problem women, and others are to do with problems of the men themselves).

TokyoT - great post, agree, but do you find its all western women or just a minority, or what?

Not so sure if it is a minority or majority.

But I actually sympathize with women who want to be more career oriented. Some times a woman is forced to choose between what some societies deem the idea of being an “ideal” wife/mom or being an “ideal” businesswoman. It tends to be far more acceptable in many societies for the father to devote many hours away from the home and still be seen as a good father – as he is off making a living for the family. But when a working woman has a child she has to juggle spending enough time at the office to justify possible future advancement, and spending enough time at home to be considered a good mom.

I truly sympathize with these types of situations, and I feel very grateful that I have sufficient income to allow my wife to remain at home, and that my wife is happy being a stay at home mother and wife (at least for the time being). It is not like I had to travel to Thailand to find a woman who wanted to be a stay at home mom/wife. There are plenty of western women that would be happy to fill this roll. Just that some of the more “liberated” women seem to equate a stay at home mom/wife as being demure and lacking the intelligence of the working women of the world. This was not directed any one on this forum. The example I used in my earlier post was my sister (back in the US). I think that many women have to struggle with this issue (working/stay at home) in a way that many of us men can not truly grasp.

As for the OP I still think that most of the guys who actually bash western women regularly do this because of bad past experiences (some of those bad experience were do to problem women, and others are to do with problems of the men themselves).

I just wanted to add, and I think you touched upon it TokyoT, but women historically have not been allowed to be ambitous, which is a human trait more than gender. Now, they can be, however, they now have to balance that ambition. How much is too much, and what is not enough. Men are still pretty free to ignore such issues.

If a farang woman marries a Thai man, I'm pretty sure she can have Thai citizenship immediately if she should choose to, which means she can then work without a work permit and own land in her own name. This is the same as Singapore.

Not quite sure how this bit got in the middle of things here, but would like to know if you have facts with which to back up this statement? As far as I know, and I am a farang woman married to a thai man, I have to get my thai citizenship the same way a farang man does who has a thai wife.

Anyone?

Beachbunny

i know sbk looked into this before & although it is within the law for a farang women married dto thai to get citizenship, no one (in the police or immigration) actually knew what to do :o

Not quite sure how this bit got in the middle of things here, but would like to know if you have facts with which to back up this statement? As far as I know, and I am a farang woman married to a thai man, I have to get my thai citizenship the same way a farang man does who has a thai wife.

Anyone?

Beachbunny

Beachbunny,

I have a farang female friend married to a Thai guy who has been investigating ALL avenues for some rights here.... she is still doing monthly visa runs and said "<deleted>" ... no easier for a woman!

This farang man/women with Thai partner seems to be the most contentious issue on this message board - I wonder why, is it just the guilt we all feel coming to another country and sampling the forbidden fruits? All the guys who are with the younger girls with such sweet, tight bodies and the women who are with Men who have hard honed bodies - take a look at yourselves and ask if you deserve them. Don't hate other people for taking advantage of what you are doing yourself and, don't hate the tourists who see the available beauties (male or female) and take advantage of their relative economic advantage.

My experience is only with women, and I can tell say that yes I love my Thai girlfiend - but I met her in London when she was studying and if there is anything that annoys me about her, well it is probably her passiveness - and if anyone is wondering she is vice president level at a Japanese company, so she doesn't need any money from me. I like independant women, just can't stand women who play the strong female card while being little girlys.

... I like independant women, just can't stand women who play the strong female card while being little girlys...

Can you give an example cause I have no idea what you mean with "strong female card"

Come up with some ideas on the OP, this is a serious problem that we should try and find a solution to and this petty hair splitting exercise don’t help.

[Everything personal and unrelated to the OP erased. /Meadish]

In my opinion some of the views stated by some men in this discussion show very poor self esteem on their part. A woman being thrilled that you own your own car or have a 1 bedroom apartment…. Of course if you take a person from a bamboo shack a ghetto apartment may well be a step up. For that she may be grateful and in awe. The same as if you took a woman from the slums of LA or London and brought her to the suburbs to a small ranch home with a garden.  I don’t fall all over my husband because he owns a car. I owned several before I met him as well as owned my own house.

I hear this so often. Never have, but I just wonder what is the basis of this. It normally comes from someone who also espouses to believe in equality and maintains they dont discriminate on the grounds of race, religion and economic class. Yet the thrust is 'Hey, you're a loser coz you took someone poor.'

Another oft' held opinion is the men exploit the girls. Ya sure, you exploit someone by offering them a better life. :D

Someone said something about *considered* opinions. :o

Red eyes in no way was that meant to say anything close to looser. It was commenting on a man who appeared towant/need a woman to be impressed with his possesions and could not understand why some were not. In my opinion he desired this to make himself feel good. My comment was attempting to point out why some women who come from different backgrounds may not be in awe because he owns a car. No judgement whatsoever on people's economic backgrounds.

Red eyes in no way was that meant to say anything close to looser. It was commenting on a man who appeared towant/need a woman to be impressed with his possesions and could not understand why some were not. In my opinion he desired this to make himself feel good. My comment was attempting to point out why some women who come from different backgrounds may not be in awe because he owns a car. No judgement whatsoever on people's economic backgrounds.

I have an inherent respect for all human beings, in fact I love people above all else. Sometimes I disagree with what is said, and sometimes I feel sad that what is said often does not tie up with other statements made by a specific individual. I am sure that sometimes I do the same things.

This topic cuts too close to the bone for me to stay totally objective, even though it does not directly apply to my experiences and circumstances, it does to a lot of people who have to suffer a lot of predijuce (?) from others, so I'll retire from it. Apologies to all if I tread on toes.

You are incorrect, a farang woman does not and cannot get citizenship immediately and neither is it easy. Trust me, I know.

Personally I hope Thai women will start demanding more rights as well. For example that their farang husbands are granted the same rights as farang wives of Thai citizens in terms of property ownership, etc. wink.gif

I didn't think we got any either meadish? But if we do, then :D

I guess I could be wrong, although I got this information from an Immigration Officer in a fairly high position. :D

Sorry, :o but I have to know!!!!

Just out of curiousity, meadish, what have you heard? I'd love to know because I certainly haven't heard anything at all indicating any special considerations.

The idea that a mom should stay at home with her kids or not should be entirely up to the family in question, not to someone who thinks it the "acceptable" form of family. Where would the world be if my sister had done that? She is a research scientist studying alternative forms of energy. She helped develop the CFC refrigerator that is so prevalent today. If she had followed the limited scope allowed to her by some where would we be?

And Bambina, thank you very much, and you are absolutely right, all the different varieties makes for a more interesting world. Where would we all be if we all fit into someone's narrow little definition of what was acceptable?

Anyone?

Beachbunny

Beachbunny,

I have a farang female friend married to a Thai guy who has been investigating ALL avenues for some rights here.... she is still doing monthly visa runs and said "<deleted>" ... no easier for a woman!

What are you telling me for? Did you read MY reply. I said it's just as hard for a farang woman to get citzenship as it is for a farang man.

Beachbunny

P.S. and why is your friend doing monthly visa runs if she's married to a thai , she should have a one year visa renewable yearly.

Edited by Beachbunny

I know I'll probably get beat up in this forum for this question.

God forbid this happen but, if the farang wife of a farang husband living in Thailand died...and after an appropriate amount of grieving...the farang male widow decided to get involved again with another woman.

Would he pick a Thai girl or another farang?

I know I'll probably get beat up in this forum for this question.

God forbid this happen but, if the farang wife of a farang husband living in Thailand died...and after an appropriate amount of grieving...the farang male widow decided to get involved again with another woman.

Would he pick a Thai girl or another farang?

Daft question really , you would need more parameters and variables.

It would depend on his preferences , his state of mind, his opportunities and so on.

:o