Growing Rubber Trees In Thailand

steph14

Hello everybody,

I would like to launch a small production of rubber tree about 6 rai. My family in law have aknowledge in sugar can, eucalyptus farming but they don't know rubber trees.

We live in Prakhonchai 30km in the south of buriram.

So we have to learn and i have lot's of question, if somebody wants help me.

What must we prepare before ?

when must we plant the plant ?

Our land is lightly sloppy, the land must be plan ?

Which type of fertilizer must we used ?

About the plant where can i buy my plants ?

Regards.

G'day, yes can teach you everything you need to know.Will require you to make 2 trips to Ban Kruat. First, to make contact. Second, to show you around, to see all aspects of growing rubber. Suggest ,you come to Yoon's bar in Ban Kruat ,about 5 o'clock (17.00) and ask for Bill. The Bar(Farang) is in the market. O.K.?

G'day, yes can teach you everything you need to know.Will require you to make 2 trips to Ban Kruat. First, to make contact. Second, to show you around, to see all aspects of growing rubber. Suggest ,you come to Yoon's bar in Ban Kruat ,about 5 o'clock (17.00) and ask for Bill. The Bar(Farang) is in the market. O.K.?

Bill I just started to do a bit of a quick search on Thai visa for rubber trees and hey presto I have 2 people talking about Prakon Chai, Ban Kruat area. My girlfriend is from Ban Kruat and suggesting we try and buy a rubber plantation.

Do you have any idea on pricing per rai with say 10 year old trees. I'm told the trees are good for 30 years. She reckons about 100,000 Baht per rai with 10 year old trees.

No real rush as we live in Singapore at the moment but am always keen to snap up a bargain.

Hopefully back there around new year so will oook out for Yoons bar.

I was supprised the number of falangs in Ban Kruat.

hi,

I think it will be interressant to share our experience later.

I would like to choose my type of plant, i've read that RRIT 251 is better than RRIM 600, somebody can confirm ?

regards

251s are a better rubber producer, but they fall over in the wind. Do you get much wind where you are. Next you can not plant until next wet season, so no hurry there, but you should order your trees now. A word of warning if you are not here to make sure the work is done properly you may as well just through your money in the river. Jim

Bill I just started to do a bit of a quick search on Thai visa for rubber trees and hey presto I have 2 people talking about Prakon Chai, Ban Kruat area. My girlfriend is from Ban Kruat and suggesting we try and buy a rubber plantation.

Do you have any idea on pricing per rai with say 10 year old trees. I'm told the trees are good for 30 years. She reckons about 100,000 Baht per rai with 10 year old trees.

No real rush as we live in Singapore at the moment but am always keen to snap up a bargain.

Hopefully back there around new year so will oook out for Yoons bar.

I was supprised the number of falangs in Ban Kruat.

Difficult to buy a 10 year old plantation. Rarely any for sale. Sometimes 4 to 7 year olds come on the market.Trees can last up to 40 years, if cared for. Yes, Ban Kruat is popular with farang. A combination of permanents and comers and goers (working in England or Europe)She is right, rubber is a very good investment, but can talk to you and show you more when you return "home" see you soon

Hi,

Do you know where we can buy the plant, I will come back for the plantation in June.

I want to be sure that i have bought. If you have a good adress, i'm very interrested.

I don't want loose 7 years. It's really important to choose a very good seller.

Regards.