Bangkok's Top Toilets Lauded

webfact

BEST TOILET OF THE YEAR

City's top toilets lauded

By The Nation

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) yesterday gave "Best Toilet of the Year" awards to organisations including: Wat Pathumwararam School, Wat Pathumwararam, Suan Siam, Klong Sam Wa District Office, Ajarn Mallika restaurant, Bangkok University's Kluaynam Thai campus, Phyathai 1 Hospital, Bang Khen train station, and the PTT Expressway gas station.

Deputy Bangkok Governor Malinee Sukvejchavarakit, who presided over the award ceremony yesterday, said only 10 per cent of the toilets at Bangkok gas stations and schools met health standards.

As a result, the city would invite 12 target groups in public places to improve their toilets to meet health standards of facility cleanliness, toilet supply sufficiency, special toilets for the disabled, elderly and pregnant women, and public users' convenience and safety.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-08

One can smell Mr. Happy Toilet's hand in this matter:

happytoilet.jpg mrhappytoilet.jpg

Mr "Happy Toilet" Wan

The Public Health Ministry Friday appointed Wan Yoobamrung "Mr Happy Toilet" to promote a campaign for clean public toilets.

"I dreamt when I was a child that if I ever worked here at the Public Health Ministry I would make all the toilets in the country flush toilets," Wan says.

The Nation - April 4, 2008

Mr "Happy Toilet" Wan

The Public Health Ministry Friday appointed Wan Yoobamrung "Mr Happy Toilet" to promote a campaign for clean public toilets.

"I dreamt when I was a child that if I ever worked here at the Public Health Ministry I would make all the toilets in the country flush toilets," Wan says.

I can't stop laughing at this. I would be embarrassed to wear a blue sash claiming I was "Mr Happy Toilet". That is really something to be remembered by! Oh god, this country never ceases to amaze me on its ceremonial obsession for absolutely nothing important!

I can't stop laughing at this. I would be embarrassed to wear a blue sash claiming I was "Mr Happy Toilet". That is really something to be remembered by! Oh god, this country never ceases to amaze me on its ceremonial obsession for absolutely nothing important!

It's better he is Mr. Happy Toilet than his previous act of holding down a policeman while his brother shoots him in the head. I don't think he got a blue sash for that.

It's better he is Mr. Happy Toilet than his previous act of holding down a policeman while his brother shoots him in the head. I don't think he got a blue sash for that.

Since when did this guy get back from hiding out in Cambodia? Is this where he got his experience in toilets?

The bottom line is very simple.

Until Thailand has much better quality politicians (highly capable, able to do proper analysis, able to envision the future with massive improvements and gains, sincere, and honest, and able to direct wel planned quality implementation, on time - and these people do exist), then we will continue to see rubbish activity like this, not focused on any long-term big picture, losing time whilst the surrounding countries go ahead fast with development and impovements, and wasting massive amounts of taxpayers funds which should be spent on massive changes and improvements to education methodology etc etc.

I guess the lack of embarassment about the toilet and related bodily functions here is something you have to get used to.

my staff have been given a strict "nothing below the waist" policy as it relates to giving details when calling in sick.

I still have women calling me saying they are having a heavy period and other staff calling about the consistency of their number 2's when they can't make it to work.

Amazing Thailand, eh?

Since when did this guy get back from hiding out in Cambodia? Is this where he got his experience in toilets?

It was Mr. Happy Toilet Wan's brother, Duang, who hid out in Cambodia. When he came back, he was found not guilty and was reinstated in the Army where he quickly rose to the rank of Major in a matter of months despite having been AWOL from the Army for 2 years, I believe it was.

Needless to say, their father, Chalerm, does have some influence here.

Here's the 3 of them meeting some guy with a weird-shaped cranium in London.

Wan is in the black zippered jacket, Duang is to his right, and Dad Chalerm is left center.

thaksintoilet.jpg

Edited by Buchholz

Deputy Bangkok Governor Malinee Sukvejchavarakit, who presided over the award ceremony yesterday, said only 10 per cent of the toilets at Bangkok gas stations and schools met health standards

All I can say is that this guy is very optimistic in his estimations.

It was Mr. Happy Toilet Wan's brother, Duang, who hid out in Cambodia. When he came back, he was found not guilty and was reinstated in the Army where he quickly rose to the rank of Major in a matter of months despite having been AWOL from the Army for 2 years, I believe it was.

Needless to say, their father, Chalerm, does have some influence here.

Here's the 3 of them meeting some guy with a weird-shaped cranium in London.

Wan is in the black zippered jacket, Duang is to his right, and Dad Chalerm is left center.

thaksintoilet.jpg

Don't you confuse them with some people with a completely different name :lol:

You're never going to have hygenic toilets when people squat down and shoot their diahorrea all over the place and proceed to put their shitty toilet paper in a bin next to the toilet rather than flushing it.

Incorrect statement because I doubt they had any toilet paper to use. A little bit of water and hand action, and you are clean as a whistle until the next squat.

Probably not.

Instructional sign in toilet stall--Seam Reap Airport:

post-108400-015551600 1286508594_thumb.j

Edited by Fookhaht

Mr "Happy Toilet" Wan

This has to be the most stupid award or prize given for the TOP TOILET. Someone must have s**t for brains in the BMA.

Mr "Happy Toilet" Wan

I wonder if anyone calls him that to his face.

Mr "Happy Toilet" Wan

Reminiscent of the idiom "Potty mouth." Remember Mom washing your mouth out with soap after making that pronouncement? ;)

Mr "Happy Toilet" Wan

Reminiscent of the idiom "Potty mouth." Remember Mom washing your mouth out with soap after making that pronouncement? ;)

Well, the whole "Mr Happy Toilet" has a certain Borat, Candid Camera or Beadles about feel to it. I sometimes think it was a set up by his brother and he has been laughing about it ever since.

I mean how would you even contemplate saying "Mr Happy Toilet" in thai?

Wouldn't it instinctively make you think you were being set up? or then again, looking at Mr. Happy Toilet himself, probably not.

Edited by Thai at Heart

You're never going to have hygenic toilets when people squat down and shoot their diahorrea all over the place and proceed to put their shitty toilet paper in a bin next to the toilet rather than flushing it.

I agree 100%...disgusting how anyone could toss used tissue in the basket.

Unless you want to have your septic tank pumped out often, which isn't cheap, it's the way to go... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jimi007

Just to put the right spin to this.

Many years ago the Y. brothes were accused of avoiding their conscription duties and obtaining falsified Sor Dor 43 documents. Consequently they were not reinstated in the police. (http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-46792213.html) which they had quit 'volontarily (http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-20716529.html). I do not think either of them served in the Army, after the affair their appliation would be rejected.

Even the late k. Samak had doubts on those 'able' sons (http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/09/23/politics/politics_30049925.php), but it was probably then that Mr. Clean Toilet changed his image.

Edited by rubl

As I understand, it is a remnant from the times when toilets were all connected to septic tanks and had undersized pipes. Toilet paper then either clogged the pipes or did not degrade properly in the septic tank.

There's nowadays no reason in Thailand's big cities to toss the used tissue in the basket.

It's just GROSS, staying there in the heat the whole day bah.gif

As I understand, it is a remnant from the times when toilets were all connected to septic tanks and had undersized pipes. Toilet paper then either clogged the pipes or did not degrade properly in the septic tank.

There's nowadays no reason in Thailand's big cities to toss the used tissue in the basket.

It's just GROSS, staying there in the heat the whole day bah.gif

In most cases you're supposed to 'flush' your bum and use paper to dry it only. Right hand to position the water stream, left hand to ...

Now you know why in Saudi on first offense they only cut off the left hand, so you can still join dinner and use the correct hand.

Edited by rubl

Obviously the product of an unhinged mind. Maybe his mother had an unfortunate experience when she was pregnant.

Oh dear! What can the matter be? Mrs Y fell down the lavatory, She was there from Monday to Saturday, And nobody seemed to care.

BTW All I dreamed about when I was young was getting into Beryl Harrison's pants.