Jomtien Residents, Would You Like A Real Supermarket?

Jingthing

This is for Jomtien residents only  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At one time, wasn't there supposed to be a grocery store (Foodland?) going in to the Jomtiem Complex parking garage structure? A year or so ago, they were busy ripping out railings and things, and then everything stopped. I think that'd be a reasonable place to put a grocery store, no? Heck, it has built-in parking.

Yes, it was supposed to be a Tops (not as good as Foodland of course). But it did indeed stop dead in its tracks. It's not happening. I have no idea why.

Edited by Jingthing

Why vote no to a decent local grocery market? Because you wouldn't use it? Why would you wish to deny such a basic utility of everyday life to your neighbors. I really don't understand the no votes on this.

Seems nobody cares to explain their No votes. We'll never know.

I agree with yours ^^above, competition can hardly be bad (not counting 'yet another 7-11' type competition).

I have to say tho', despite the prices I still regularly use Foodmart as it's the only place I know that regularly stocks 'proper' tomatoes. (& I usually end up spending a thou or two on top while I'm there)

Why vote no to a decent local grocery market? Because you wouldn't use it? Why would you wish to deny such a basic utility of everyday life to your neighbors. I really don't understand the no votes on this.

Seems nobody cares to explain their No votes. We'll never know.

I agree with yours ^^above, competition can hardly be bad (not counting 'yet another 7-11' type competition).

I have to say tho', despite the prices I still regularly use Foodmart as it's the only place I know that regularly stocks 'proper' tomatoes. (& I usually end up spending a thou or two on top while I'm there)

I almost never go there, hadn't been in years, but did drop by the other night as I was already near there. Thus the idea for the poll. There were a very limited number of items that were priced normally, such as baguettes and Nana tomato sauce (prices for that seem about the same everywhere, maybe he contracts that they be that way). One item did really surprise me. A rather large package of celery imported from California was 45 baht. That seemed cheap, suspiciously cheap. Seems like 45 baht would barely cover the transport of that bulky bundle here. That was the only item that seemed a deal there though that I noticed.

Edited by Jingthing

Are you all living only in one street ?

Sukhumvit road Lotus is so close to JOMTIEN that i don't understand why you need anything else ? (sorry if you are handicaped in wheelchair)

Don't need exactly. WANT!

No car or bike. For me, not to mention, I don't like what Lotus sells compared to Friendship, Foodland, even Tops.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

Yes. Preferably on Pratumnak Hill Soi 3, 4, and/or 5. Plenty of 30 year leases on lots available at 'reasonable' prices that would be the perfect size for a Foodland or Villa.

Also want a banking 'park' on the hill (where they have sub branches of all the main banks like they have in Central, MBK, etc.)

Oh, and a major car wash chain like Pro Clean, Carlac 68, Klean Square, etc.

And Chuwit if you're listening.... "Atlantis Entertainment Complex, Pratumnak Hill" ...Soi 5 a couple hundred meters or so from the beach would be awesome possom.

Then the only time I would have to actually leave the hill would be to take my kids to school and to the airport for taking the family on vacation ...which reminds me, come on, surely U-Tapao can support at least ONE weekly flight to/from HK and or Singapore so I can cut off an hour from my driving time and still connect to the world). Maybe Cathay or SIA trying it out with a leased CRJ or Embraer regional jet, surely there are at least 50-60 people who need to leave the country in the area each week.

:)