Renewing A Full British Passport

My British passport is almost full and I am applying for a new passport from the Hong Kong passport office. The application form C1 states that if my photo looks similar to that in my existing passport, then I do not have to get the photo countersigned on the back. But I am not clear if I need to get a countersignature for section 9 of the form.

I'm thinking that I do not need to obtain a countersignature, but I do not want to send off these forms if section 9 has to be countersigned.

The passport enquiry telephone line is closed for the weekend....

Does anyone know if section 9 has to be completed for application for a passport to replace a full passport, and where my passport photo is similar to my old photo? (still handsome, if not so young).

Thanks

Simon

Don't you need a countersignatory for your first passport application only?

No, normally every UK Passport application requires a signature on the application form, plus on the back of the photo from someone 'of standing' who has known the applicant for some time.

When BKK used to issue passports, they were however a little relaxed about this requirement; since many people on the move through different countries often could not produce anyone of standing who had known them for some time.

My son is 6 and his first passport expires soon.

What is required in the way of signatures and countersignatures to replace it.

We have no plans to go anywhere yet but you never know.

Slick hijack of a thread there Tonto!

Regarding the OP; I renewed a couple of passports in the last couple of years, one through the UK passport agency in the UK and the other through the embassy in Bangkok. I hadn't changed much either but do note that the passport picture to be provided for the new passport must be less than 6-months old. The UK renewal was delayed until I submitted a new pic as I had originally sent the same pic as in the expiring (full) passport and although I have hardly changed in the 2 years since that first picture was taken, they rejected it purely on the chronology as how would that passport clerk know what I look like now? Pedantic bureaucracy!

To make sure on the BKK passport renewal, I had my mate, a fellow Brit who I have known for 20-odd years and is working/living in Thailand to countersign the new pictures and the application. I chucked in his business card as well. No problems.

If this is a Thai passport same application/parents signatures as before.

If this is a Thai passport same application/parents signatures as before.

It is his English one and he was only a baby when that photo was taken.