Royal Cliff Resort

hazelandhoward

Are you guys made of money? You'll be paying the equivalent of, I would think, £10.00 for a small bottle of Heinekin or Bud but if that's how you get your jollies, go for it. Just around the corner from your hotel is The Mattahari, a great restuarant where you won't be ripped off but I guess at £3.00 for a bottle of beer and a nice bottle of wine will only set you back £25, that's probably far too cheap for you to contemplate.

Are you guys made of money? You'll be paying the equivalent of, I would think, £10.00 for a small bottle of Heinekin or Bud but if that's how you get your jollies, go for it. Just around the corner from your hotel is The Mattahari, a great restuarant where you won't be ripped off but I guess at £3.00 for a bottle of beer and a nice bottle of wine will only set you back £25, that's probably far too cheap for you to contemplate.

Dont know where you get your prices from but its not quite that expensive, last time we were there (last november ) it was £4 or £5 for a bottle of beer, we havent been to the Mattihari but intend to try it this year as went to Manhattons last year and really liked it there, we only come once a year so like to live it up and what price do you put on luxury? The sevice and treatment we get at the Royal cliff is second to none so is worth a little extra but saying that the prices there are on a comparison to other simular hotels and restaurants in the area infact it is some what cheaper than some that we have been to.

Edited by soundman
Fixed quote tags.

Dont know where you get your prices from but its not quite that expensive, last time we were there (last november ) it was £4 or £5 for a bottle of beer, we havent been to the Mattihari but intend to try it this year as went to Manhattons last year and really liked it there, we only come once a year so like to live it up and what price do you put on luxury? The sevice and treatment we get at the Royal cliff is second to none so is worth a little extra but saying that the prices there are on a comparison to other simular hotels and restaurants in the area infact it is some what cheaper than some that we have been to.

It's Mata Hari (2 words) and one of the best restos in Pattaya. I'm sure Louie and his staff will provide you with a most wonderful dining experience. As to Royal Cliff, it's very nice and the service at their food outlets can sometimes be a little too much. One time when I was eating at their Chinese outlet, every time I took a sip of water, one of the wait staff would come over and refill my glass!

What difference does it make to you how much they are willing to spend? It's their money.

Who died and left you in charge of it?

What difference does it make to you how much they are willing to spend? It's their money.

Who died and left you in charge of it?

ROFL :cheesy:

Well said Chuck :clap2:

Hi again. I didn't mean to dampen your ardour. I have friends who stay at the Sheridan next door and I know they pay 450baht for a small beer so I thought The Beach Cliff bars would be on par with it. Yes go and try the Mata Hari (thanks Farang Buddha for correcting me). You'll have a lovely evening there. Enjoy your holiday.

Edited by Rimmer
font size fixed

The Music Bar at the Royal Cliff is doing a two for one Happy Hour, after 5pm I think. Its around 180 Baht for Heineken. You also get some very nice nibbles and nuts with that. Good deal.

Probably a good Idea to put that in the Cheap Charlie Thread here :lol:

The Music Bar at the Royal Cliff is doing a two for one Happy Hour, after 5pm I think. Its around 180 Baht for Heineken. You also get some very nice nibbles and nuts with that. Good deal.

What kind of music do they play there? Does that bar have a view? Royal Cliff is a very nice hotel and for sure worth a trip every once in a while...

What kind of music do they play there? Does that bar have a view? Royal Cliff is a very nice hotel and for sure worth a trip every once in a while...

Think Craigt3365 is on about the existing bar in the Grand called Chrystals they always have the happy hour, i wanted to know about a new bar and i think restaurant they have opened, i think it is actually down on the beach from how the promotion/advert reads that i had come through on my facebook wall, if it is, there has always been a bar/cafe there open in the daytime anyway,whatever they have done being the royal cliff i am sure it will be done very nice and classy and being on the beach it will have good views.

Edited by hazelandhoward

Think Craigt3365 is on about the existing bar in the Grand called Chrystals they always have the happy hour, i wanted to know about a new bar and i think restaurant they have opened, i think it is actually down on the beach from how the promotion/advert reads that i had come through on my facebook wall, if it is, there has always been a bar/cafe there open in the daytime anyway,whatever they have done being the royal cliff i am sure it will be done very nice and classy and being on the beach it will have good views.