Anonimyty On Tv - Why?

Pikey

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise that all those ex Special Ops guys, CIA guys, and even ASIO.....have to get old and live somewhere right ??

Just sayin.

I understand Africa has a special going on these days for "ex" types......

You do realise that all those ex Special Ops guys, CIA guys, and even ASIO.....have to get old and live somewhere right ??

Just sayin.

'these days'?

Africa has always been the destination of choice for the derring-do boys' own crowd

SC

I know what intolerance is but am to lazy to look up the rest.

Not sure about experimental spelling. I probably just spelled it wrong.

I think the alternate online personas are cool. I think people are more truthful when they pretend to be somebody else.

I just don't believe anyone is really afraid though.

Most folks here can't open up a checking account without assistance. You think they could plot some type of wrong-doing without posting about it.

I can see that thread. " Does anyone in the Buriram area have experience killing a fellow TV member?"

It would probably run 7 pages.

Oddly enough it probably would. But bhen I've found the members I have met to be perfectly normal people.

The real nutters are too busy stalkng to meet up...:D

There you go - a genuine post by me and 4 or 5 <deleted> replies. Kind of sums up TV really. I am out of here.

<deleted>.

Your two posts don't go together.

First you wrote " some internet warriors but most of us are decent blokes " and now you are abusing people with the above quoted. Sheish give people a few moments to reply before you throw a little tantrum. Hate to get work done on my bike where the mechanic is telling you he is the best and moment later throwing the screwdriver down because he cant get the fairing off. rolleyes.gif

Nah, funny ND, good analogy but there are so many negative ***** here when it could be a good resource - just pisses me off. So many people are happy to jump in quickly with negative comments - I pity their sad lives. BTW, our mechanics are pretty good and if you front up with your real name/TV name, I'll give you 10% discount on the workshop rate. You might even get a cup of PG!

Cheers,

Pikey.

And please, don't construe this as self promotion because I have enough to fill my time without TV/Internet tyre kickers coming by and wasting my time. :D

Cheers,

Pikey.

I really do believe that you are a prime example of the benefits of internet anonymity.

you have now called a potential group of customers a waste of time -- you have certainly done yourself no favours here today.

Secondly, anyone who is generally willing to spread their identity across the internet is a fool.

I can think of a number of people who have had their identity stolen, or money extracted or have had some bizarre stalker experience due to simply being too free with their details in public forums, blogs and social networking.

Then, of course, there is Ian Forbes.

If thats what you are after, well, enjoy your newfound fame.

I really do believe that you are a prime example of the benefits of internet anonymity.

you have now called a potential group of customers a waste of time -- you have certainly done yourself no favours here today.

Secondly, anyone who is generally willing to spread their identity across the internet is a fool.

I can think of a number of people who have had their identity stolen, or money extracted or have had some bizarre stalker experience due to simply being too free with their details in public forums, blogs and social networking.

Then, of course, there is Ian Forbes.

If thats what you are after, well, enjoy your newfound fame.

:lol: :lol:

I'm not going to say you are wrong, because I'm quite certain that some of what you wrote might be true. However, it has not been what I've experienced personally. I've been an outdoor writer since the 1950s and anyone in the sport fishing industry knew who I was. I made no secret of what I did and where I've lived. I've been on the internet forums since they first began, and again, I never hid my identity. In over 20 years I've never had a problem. I've had the same e-mail address forever and never had a problem. I"ve had many total strangers in my home and who have stayed with me for several weeks, and never had a problem. Maybe I just have a charmed life, I don't know.

I take everything in life worth enjoying as a potential risk. It was a risk coming to Thailand. It is a HUGE risk riding a motorcycle in Thailand. It is certainly a risk getting involved with ANY woman in ANY country. And, the same could be said for women taking a risk with men. Life IS a risk worth taking. All my outdoor activities are risky to some extent and I've had many narrow misses that could have been fatal. Thankfully, I've survived and I wouldn't have missed any of those events if given a choice.

I judge everything by their value of what I have to pay for in either effort of money. To me the plusses have always outweighed the negatives. That even goes for the ongoing debate here about the unfair pricing for farangs as compared to locals.

But, I still understand people wanting to remain anonymous. It is their choice. I just think they might miss out on some things they might have enjoyed had they been more open.

.........edited

Cryptic... you must be MI6

SC

I have the highest security clearance and just ran a check on Nawtier, it's as though he never existed, there's nothing in our files !

Who is Nawtier ?

Edited by MrsMills

And herein lies the definition of "creepy stalking".

Creepy Stalking is a village in Devon.

Do you think one of us should call them to let them know we have found their idiot.

Someone got creamed......................

I have waited decades to write that. B)

Just sayin.

'these days'?

Africa has always been the destination of choice for the derring-do boys' own crowd

SC

They never did very well did they? The Seychelles fiasco was one of their more exciting big fails. B)

gosh. I waited 2 decades to write that.

I know what intolerance is but am to lazy to look up the rest.

Not sure about experimental spelling. I probably just spelled it wrong.

I think the alternate online personas are cool. I think people are more truthful when they pretend to be somebody else.

I just don't believe anyone is really afraid though.

Most folks here can't open up a checking account without assistance. You think they could plot some type of wrong-doing without posting about it.

I can see that thread. " Does anyone in the Buriram area have experience killing a fellow TV member?"

It would probably run 7 pages.

Nope. Didn't wait decades for those lines.

BUT............

I can see that thread. " Does anyone in the Buriram area have experience killing a fellow TV member?" It would probably run 7 pages.

is sheer genius. It's totally laughable, yet quite believable. :D

Just sayin.

'these days'?

SC

They never did very well did they? The Seychelles fiasco was one of their more exciting big fails. B)

Which Seychelles fiasco? Remembering that both were underwritten by the West, less African.:o

Jeez, you're boring.

Would it help if I dressed as a woman and learned how to play the piano.

If memory serves me correctly.....first part you already have experience

And how would you know that? Is there something you want to tell us? Better out than in...

Jeez, you're boring.

Would it help if I dressed as a woman and learned how to play the piano.

And how would you know that? Is there something you want to tell us? Better out than in...

I seem to recall a photograph posted on Tvisa.........kind of blows away anonymous internet participation............

I seem to recall a photograph posted on Tvisa.........kind of blows away anonymous internet participation............

One in five, in drag, which one, I doubt that you would be able to pick me out in an ID parade, oh and, I can also play the piano as well, probably a bit rusty now as I haven't tickled an ivory for ten years but I could probably still bang out a tune.

But I can't be bothered, 'cos I'm boring.

Edited by Thaddeus

One in five, in drag, which one, I doubt that you would be able to pick me out in an ID parade, oh and, I can also play the piano as well, probably a bit rusty now as I haven't tickled an ivory for ten years but I could probably still bang out a tune.

But I can't be bothered, 'cos I'm boring.

and short....... if I recall your comment correctly........does that narrow it down a bit on the photo?

Edit: I do admire anybody with the dedication and tenacity to learn the piano

Edited by 473geo