Where Do Farang Go When They Die?

OlRedEyes

If your visa is ok I suppose they cant send you to the IDC(?) for deportation? Visa doesn't state you have to be alive, does it?

But seriously, can a Thai family bury you here, or are you sent 'home'.

You usually go down the 'chute' at your local Wat.

Water table too high for burials.

My friend died at the start of this year, he was cremated and had his ashes scattered in Thailand.

Wanna hear a tragedy?  He was only 29 and his baby daughter was born the same night he died. :o

On a better note, he had a great 29 yrs! :D

Life can be sad. :D

Would the procedure not be to contact the home govt or family to send the body 'home' if dying intestate?

How would you ensure that that does not happen.

Edited by OlRedEyes

In my friends case his famnily was contacted and after they contacted his wife here they decided it would be better for his ashes to be scattered here. His body could have of course been sent home but it was against everybodys wishes.

Anyway, that case it different, if you died here and didn't have any money to cover repatriation costs then I expect your body stays here and is dealt with here. A lot of insurance policies have 'repatriation' cover which deals with that.

If your visa is ok I suppose they cant send you to the IDC(?) for deportation? Visa doesn't state you have to be alive, does it?

You are realy very dumb, why do you care about a dead meat with no

soul in it ?

I think you have to be more concerned where your alive body will end

up after death, "HELLL or HEAVEN"?

Edited by U_THAIED_UP_THAIED

My entire family meaning my brother and friends know to bury, burn or what ever they do where I die who cares I am dead they can even donate my body to a medical school.

Hope it will take place in thailand when I can finally move there the US is starting pissing me off.

Bonviveur

You are realy very dumb, why do you care about a dead meat with no

soul in it ?

I think you have to be more concerned where your alive body will end

up after death, "HELLL or HEAVEN"?

Actually, I've been pretty much assured that it would be fiery helllll by the lucky Saved Ones :o

I couldn't care less about the dead meat.... however, though being a Lost Soul, maybe I care who I burden with it... You see, there are not many who still enjoy delicate young white meat :D

Mabe you know a butcher? :D

And why assume it's about me. Assumptions can be dangerous, your mother should have told you.

Edited by OlRedEyes

good question, don't know the answer but will be please if someone does :o

I have only my son in the UK and a few friends and they know that my plans are to live and die here in Thailand with my second family.

I have told my Thai wife to stick me with something sharp when I die just to make sure I am dead and then take me to the wat for the ceremonies after which she can scatter my ashes on the land. I would like Queens "Friends will be friends" and some Tina Turner played at some time during the ceremonies.

After that I plan to live in the spirit house on the land to keep an eye on the family and if I am lucky I may come back as a nicer person than I have been in this life.

As far as I know what happens to you in Thailand is mainly up to your Thai families.

If you have no Thai family someone should contact your embassy to find out what happens though I suspect to ship you back to your own country will be at your families expense.

I have told my Thai wife to stick me with something sharp when I die just to make sure I am dead and then take me to the wat for the ceremonies after which she can scatter my ashes on the land.

That's one way to make sure you're dead. If you aren't, you will be after being stuck. Heh-heh. However, it probably won't be youir Thai wife doing the sticking unless she's willing to risk being subjected to a possible homicide investigation as to why she stuck you. I don't think "My husband asked me to do that" would count as a viable reason. More than likely, the one doing the sticking will be a coroner at the morgue to determine the cause of death, especially if the cause not be readily apparent. Someone would need to certify the cause of death, and I suspect as a foreigner, the Embassy would be notified as a matter of formality.

Well it depends of what you consider "home" at that time :o

But I guess it will be a family expense, Thai - or wherever you're from..

Still a sad topic somehow, still sipping on a Chang from last night.... :D

But I guess It has to be high lighted for those concerned.

Cheers

Governments won't pay. It'd be a family expense. Dead people don't vote. :D

As an atheist I know that Heaven and ###### are here and now, but for those who know that there is a God, I hope that there faith gives them comfort when they need it.

As to where your body winds up, in my neck of the woods {Amphur Phen Udornthani} there is a Catholic church and a graveyard.

It looks quite nice but I don’t want to go there thanks.

I want planting in a tomb in the local Wat {not burning :o }so I can listen to all the villagers on a Sunday morning.

BUT NOT YET. :D

Edd

My mother in law in Chaing Mai has opened an account in my name in her local temple that ensures food is put out for the spirits of my dead relatives. How do they know to come to Thailand to get some food? Some off them never left the Uk so its a bit unlikely they will find Thailand and ever reap the benifits of this!!

My mother in law in Chaing Mai has opened an account in my name in her local temple that ensures food is put out for the spirits of my dead relatives.  How do they know to come to Thailand to get some food? Some off them never left the Uk so its a bit unlikely they will find Thailand  and ever reap the benifits of this!!

Is the govt. going to be happy with this? Bringing all your relatives to Thailand? :o

There is a foreign cemetary in Chiang Mai where you can be buried (many are there already). I assume there's one in Bangkok -- the missionaries 100 years ago weren't sent home in a box, there were buried in Siam.

I see people shipped back home all the time at the airport. Ashes mostly. Will cost you around 3500 Baht (or whatever the equivalent is for the minimum volume weight rate) back to most EU points... which is what I see most often; overall costs of course depending on your freight forwarder and where you're going. I see most of the consignees seem to be diplomatic, so I don't know if it's the respective embassies or families back home that are taking care of it or what?