What Is Sakooarea (North West Near Airport) Like?

stevehaigh

hi all

i'm going to look at some land in the Sakoo area, about 6km south of the airport. what's going on in that part of the island? are there any nice, local, reasonably priced farang restaurants and hang out places? what's shopping like around there? can you get all the basics locally or do you need to drive into Talang or Phuket town? any one with kids (junior high school age) in local schools? what are the schooling options (Thai daughter, don't need international school but bi-lingual would be nice)

i would like a bit of info before my visit so i'm better prepared to check it out. i know the south of the island quite well but fairly clueless about the north west.

thx steve

As no one else has answered I will try. The first thing would be is the land on the flight path of the airport, in the high season there is a lot of traffic coming in, I have spent some time up in the national park and to honest I could not live with the flight noise. I'm not sure maybe you are north of the airport.

The second point is there is nothing up there, it is effectively Real Thailand, the only falang Bars and restaurants are in the tourist areas such as Nai Yang etc. Shopping is all in Phuket City, Central, Tesco etc. the rest is just very local Thai shops.

If you are serious about buying land up there, it needs to be good value for money otherwise you may as well look at off-island plots because they will be cheaper with the same amenities.

Sorry just read your post again, there is actually a pretty decent school up near the the airport, I did know a couple of falang teachers there.

A part from that it would have to be a real bargain otherwise there are many areas of Thailand that are cheaper, with the same facilities.

Edited by phuket Mike