Returning Bodies To Home Land

lovelomsak

Being a single man in Thailand without access to much common knowledge on many things, I have become concerned on how my remains will be returned to my home country. Is it possible to have something in place with a wat to be cremated and sent home as ashes. Without someone having to come here to retrieve the ashes. Or even do the cremate and a person simply comes here and picks them up. I prefer the send.

She is my sister and she would be over her head trying to do it. I have to have evrything in order so as to not leave a mess for others to clean up. If it was that easy why bother with a post

She cannot speak Thai never been here it would just open her up to problems and perhaps heartache.People cannot just get on a plane come here and get things doen you should know that by now how long have you lived here.

Edited by lovelomsak

She is my sister and she would be over her head trying to do it. I have to have evrything in order so as to not leave a mess for others to clean up. If it was that easy why bother with a post

She cannot speak Thai never been here it would just open her up to problems and perhaps heartache.People cannot just get on a plane come here and get things doen you should know that by now how long have you lived here.

Have you considered:

- Making a will here in Thailand which covers, perhaps amongst other things, your desires about your ashes and the inheritance you've menttioned on another thread.

- Other TV members have many times before shared names etc., of Thai lawyers, some not all that expensive.

- You would need of course to have someone nominated as the executor, you've probably got some western friend here in Thailand who would be prepared to take care of the these items for you, especially if the overll situation is not too complex.

I suspect that it would not be all that dificult to get a nominated executor to handle the return of your ashes, if a proper will is in place. It may also of course involve some input from your embassy, again probably not complex.

I have aThai will and all monies in Thai banks are willed to my adult Thai son (here in Thailand). My lawyer prepared the will and he did mention that one of the executors named in my will would have to get the will probated through the appropriate Thai court and the court would then issue a document directing the Thai banks to pass the funds to my son. The lawyer indicated this was a very simple and routine process, not that expensive, and usually all fixed within 2 months.

Perhaps your case is similar?

I am sharing some facts and some points are my assumptions, the bottom line is, get a reasonable priced lawyer and get totally correct advice.

Further note about gaining access to funds in Thai banks. There is another possibility if the beneficiary is local. Set up 'joint accounts' whereby only one person needs to sign. The death of one of the parties has no effect on the situation, the other 'joint' owner just signs and does whatever with the funds. Needs some level of trust of course.

Why bother being sent anywhere, the grounds the same the world over in fact its all one ground. If you want to do the world a favour stay where you drop no need to transport yourself on an unecessary journey.

Edited by travelmann

Why bother being sent anywhere, the grounds the same the world over in fact its all one ground. If you want to do the world a favour stay where you drop no need to transport yourself on an unecessary journey.

That was my thought too but my sister would probably come here when she heard I was dead and try to get me home and have loads of headaches. If it was totally my decision I would be happy with your suggestion

Also I would like to thank all of you for sound advice I feel now I know how and where to aproach this task thank you all very much.

Edited by lovelomsak

My thoughts exactly...I really wouldn't worry about it. Once you are dead, believe me, you will no longer have any idea [or give a hoot] what's happening to your body. I mean, being turned into charcoal and tossed in the sea or flushed down the toilet, it will all be the same to you at that point :)

Whatever you decide, spare the planet the excess carbon emissions of flying you "back home" in a casket or urn and just do whatever you decide to do locally. Preferably ash 'n trash or a green burial with sack-cloth in a shallow grave.

My thoughts exactly ...Reason why i came to live in Thailand and leave my home town in the first place was because its a shxx hole .so even if i die i would like my ashes to be sprinkled in some sea in Thailand ..plus will save family a lot of hassle and expense .rolleyes.gif

'you' won't be there. the expensive and onerous act or having what's left of your physical body packed up (by the way i always find it incredibly funny that most people dying in a country not the land of their birth, often opt for cremation as it's far cheaper to transport dust than sending the lump of lifeless meat that will be the only physical remnant of your physicality :lol:), and sent anywhere would be merely for the false comfort of your family. to wit, sentimentality. why bother?

Edited by inmysights

wow, why cant someone just help him rather than giving the poor guy a philosophy lesson...?!!!

I wish I could mate but there will be someone here to help you Im sure :-)

Why bother positng that its even less useful:whistling:

OP: there is an expat office where you can register for 2000b a year or so, they will take care of things in case of. Think they are in Chiang Mai, not sure if this is in other areas too ?

I still need to register mysef there also but lost the brochure. Somebody knows about this ? because if something will happen to me, some will be in very serious trouble here (my fully depending old mum and her caretakers)

-

This way and only this way, just in the suitcase.

urn.jpg

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

wow, why cant someone just help him rather than giving the poor guy a philosophy lesson...?!!!

Lol r u trying to be smart...?

You just totally contradicted yourself :):whistling:

Edited by james24

Usually I just cut the bodies up and put them in the crab trap for a week. That gets rid of the flesh. Then I pull the dentures so cops can't identify the body. After that it's quite simple detatching the bone and drying them out in the sun. I can stick a whold body in a medium size suitcase for transport. :whistling:

The Mafia pays me $300 a body, so it's a fairly lucrative business.:rolleyes:

Lol r u trying to be smart...?

You just totally contradicted yourself :):whistling:

:boring: :boring: :boring: