Are You Feeling Bad About Your Tv Screen Name

ThePunPun

As we have posted , TV Members who come in and identify themselves with their TV Screen names will receive a 10% discount on their bill.

Then why do a good number of these members not want to give their screen names?

Are they ashamed of their posts or ramblings.

Are they flamethrowers and not want anyone to know who they are?

Or they really , as in most cases, very nice people, but they take the opportunity of being anon. to spread & spew?

I would like to know the real answer......

TA22 how about you...... are you one of the mentioned type of member or uptheos, or caf.....

Seriously would like to know the answer

Thanks

The Pun Pun

:unsure:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forums have been around a lot longer than TV and unless you have a business to promote using your screen name, most people prefer to remain anonymous for whatever reason.

Spot on, it's no-one's business......I never knew who Gonzo the Face was for ages.....didn't bother me one iota ;)

My handle is my real name spelt backwards, Libby Knilb.

It is a very old traditional Lithuanian name although my great great grandfather, a seaman, married a Polynesian woman who was living in Tasmania after being picked up by a whaling ship when she was washed out to sea near Bora Bora when she was in her late teens. They met in a house of ill repute on the docks way back then.

It is a very old traditional Lithuanian name although my great great grandfather, a seaman, married a Polynesian woman who was living in Tasmania after being picked up by a whaling ship when she was washed out to sea near Bora Bora when she was in her late teens. They met in a house of ill repute on the docks way back then.

Isn't Libby a girl's name? wink.gif

Not in Lithuania.

Not in Lithuania.

Pheew, had me wondering there for a minute Libby.

I guess we could go the opposite way and ask why businesses use their business name and not their real name :). Surely not for free publicity/promotion of their business! I see this on internet marketing forums all the time when people aren't good enough to work for themselves, they use their business to troll for customers. To each their own!

Not in Lithuania.

was your great great grandfather the man who invented libby's condensed milk?

shouldnt your name be blinky bbil or did use use poetic licence?

I guess we could go the opposite way and ask why businesses use their business name and not their real name :). Surely not for free publicity/promotion of their business! I see this on internet marketing forums all the time when people aren't good enough to work for themselves, they use their business to troll for customers. To each their own!

So should I change my name to Playhouse? Might be fun!

Not in Lithuania.

was your great great grandfather the man who invented libby's condensed milk?

shouldnt your name be blinky bbil or did use use poetic licence?

You got that right there Nicky. Bbil just doesn't sound right now does it?

Other than SansaiSam it seems most are trying to avoid the issue.

The question was not why you use a screen name, but the question again is why when meeting in the outside world, due so many refuse to identify themselves or give up their screen names.

I cannot think of any reason other than maybe they wouldn't wish to be face to face with someone they may have offended with their writting. Whick would be the same as trying to hide and not face up to what some spew to be Mr. bigshot in their own minds.

Again the ? not why did you choose a screen name, but why are you leary of someone knowing that you are you.

Other than SansaiSam it seems most are trying to avoid the issue.

The question was not why you use a screen name, but the question again is why when meeting in the outside world, due so many refuse to identify themselves or give up their screen names.

I cannot think of any reason other than maybe they wouldn't wish to be face to face with someone they may have offended with their writting. Whick would be the same as trying to hide and not face up to what some spew to be Mr. bigshot in their own minds.

Again the ? not why did you choose a screen name, but why are you leary of someone knowing that you are you.

Who is the outside world....you??

There are quite a few who know me and they are important.....when you become important enough, I will reveal all. wink.gif

Forums have been around a lot longer than TV and unless you have a business to promote using your screen name, most people prefer to remain anonymous for whatever reason.

Spot on, it's no-one's business......I never knew who Gonzo the Face was for ages.....didn't bother me one iota ;)

For all your carrying on about cheap charlie and asking for discounts claiming they should be offered then why are you so secretive about telling some one who you are when you have the opportunity to get a discount. :lol:

My name is Jay

For all your carrying on about cheap charlie and asking for discounts claiming they should be offered then why are you so secretive about telling some one who you are when you have the opportunity to get a discount. :lol:

My name is Jay

Maybe I don't bother with discounts, you'll never know.......will the real cheap charlies please stand up. wink.gif

Jay....that's a nice name smile.gif

Edited by uptheos