2 Passports

Just been reading the 'blacklist' thread and it got me thinking.

Ok yes thats what the strange smell is.

I have duel nationality and carry 2 passports.

At present I have only used one to enter TL on several occasions.

Should I decide for some reason to use the second to enter TL, without being blacklisted or having done anything illegal on the first.

Would anyone know if there is anything illegal in this and could it get me into strife?

And yes I have a reason in mind.

As long as you enter and leave on the same PP, not a problem, I am a dual national also and have used both passports entering various countries

As regards being "blacklisted" on one nationality P/P and using the other one, you should be ok as there is no link between the P/P's, of course if they suspected anything they would compare photo's

As long as you enter and leave on the same PP, not a problem, I am a dual national also and have used both passports entering various countries

As regards being "blacklisted" on one nationality P/P and using the other one, you should be ok as there is no link between the P/P's, of course if they suspected anything they would compare photo's

I'm not sure that I agree with your second paragraph.

I suspect It's very possible that countries share the names of people who have been blacklisted, perhaps by certain categories or crimes, etc.

Or put it another way, If one counry has solid evidence that a person is a terrorist or a serial killer or is a convicted paedophile, would you like to believe that your country would have seen that same information/evidence through an on-going sharing process and your country would, in the examples given, also'blacklist' the same person.

And would it not be logical that there would be an international protocol or similar which identifies such people regardless of what passport they are travelling on?

[/quot

I would say a good Immi Barrister is in order! Your PP is not blacklisted, yor are. I expect that entering the Kingdom while blacklisted is a no no! Look, ALL TOO OFTEN we see beat the system info here, don't do it.

I do not have dual nationality (only British) but would be interested to know how to obtain a second passport.

Become a citizen of another country, believe there are places in South American, after 3 years residence and US$ 50k you can get a a bright new shiny passport and citizenship to go along with it...

If you really definitive advice contact old square face (Thaksin) he seems to be a bit of a master in collecting passports

I do not have dual nationality (only British) but would be interested to know how to obtain a second passport.

In my case:

I was born in the UK and have a birth cert which makes me eligable for a UK passport which I applied for and got.

I lived in NZ most of my life and am a naturalised NZ citizen so hold a NZ passport.

I am in TL on my NZ passport and in the forssable future may travel to the UK.

I asked the question because if I do this I would enter the UK on my UK passport (would make it easier if I want to do any EU country).

Then when I come back to TL am thinking of applying for an O multi entry in Hull on my UK passport.

Should be no problem with that I hope.

When applying, and receiving a second P/P the providing country informs the original country that a second P/P has been issued

Should a "double" P/P holder get blacklisted (say on his original P/P) then the original country informs the appropriate international authorities that the accused is a holder of a second P/P and they name the country, in case of the other way round the second country will do ditto.

Having two P/Ps has several travelling advantages, but provides no protection for committed International crimes.

Moreover, countries that provide second P/Ps do not make applicants aware of the fact that the original country will be informed of the issuing.

Thus only those applicants whose original country refuses second P/Ps for its nationals get to know this because, after receiving info from the other country about the issuing of a 2nd. P/P, the applicant will be informed (by formal documents) that his original P/P has been cancelled, thus the applicant has lost his original nationality and it is too late to reverse the process.

Edited by personchester

When applying, and receiving a second P/P the providing country informs the original country that a second P/P has been issued

Absolute Bullsh*t.....

I am a dual national I know for a fact this is not the case, The second country does not inform anybody, if your theroy was true then the Thai goverment would know how many passports Thaksin has.....they dont