Chiangmai Toyride Event Oct 22

Hog Head

Posted in the CM forum so I hope the Mods will not chastise me for double posting, but this topic is applicable to both groups

The Chiangmai ToyRide is having another give away event at a needy Hmong school near Samoung. We have already donated a water system for their new school and on Oct 22 will be riding our bikes for a give away event to the school and kids themselves. Every school is different and in addition to the water system, we are providing football goals, marching band equipment, and sporting goods, plus toys for all the kids.

We will be bringing a clown, buying the kids lunch, and having a bit of fun including the now traditional tug of war game that the bikers have yet to win.

Come along for the ride and see for yourself how your support for the Chiangmai ToyRide can help the lives of these children.

All bikes big and small are welcome and will be leaving Richco Motorsports on Whulai Rd. at 10:15 AM Oct 22 and arrive at the school about 11:00. Richco is the motorbike shop right behind the big cow on Whulai Rd.

See past ride events for an idea of what this is all about at www.chiangmaitoyride.com

The countdown on the website is for the Chiangmai ToyRide Feb 20. 2011 main event where we raise funds and collect toys that are distributed throughout the year. We are expecting 300 plus bikes, meet at Tesco Lotus Khamtien at 9:45 AM, go for a ride around Chiangmai, ending up at the X-Centre in Mae Rim, where we have a live band for the adults and a party for the kids.

Throughout the year we have several "give away rides" to distribute the toys collected on the main event day, and use Sponsorship donations to buy educational, and sports equipment for needy schools in our Playgrounds Plus Programme.

We also donate blankets and toys on a case by case basis, and arrange for Santa to visit the Kids ward in Maharaj Hospital with bags full of toys on Christmas Eve.

The Oct 22 event is one such "give away ride". As this is during a weekday, it is typically a small event with around 30 bikes plus support trucks to haul all the goodies

There will be one if not 2 more give away events before the main ride Feb 20. and I will post here when we have a date(s)

Hope to see you there and all bikes are welcome, big or small

The countdown timer on the website says 4 months... positive it's on Oct 22nd? I'll come if I can make it, not sure.

The countdown timer on the website is regarding our main event in February 2011. Funds from our main event are used for donations and smaller events where we give to the children throughout the year.

A few items are to be finalized tomorrow for the Oct 22nd give-away and it will then be added to the website.

Hope you can come to one of the events. They're great fun and help the children of Chiang Mai. :D

Edit:

Whoops!:P Hog Head and I answering the same question. That's OK, it's worth saying twice.

Edited by silverhawk_usa

Went up to the school this morning to put up some banners for tomorrows event and check it out in light of the heavy rains. No problems with the road and Mrs Hoghead has checked with the weather service and overcast skies are predicted.

So the event is on and we hope to see you all tomorrow morning at Richco Motorsports, leaving at 10:15

Edited by Hog Head

Twas a great day out....

A few photos

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-003.jpg

Up in the mountains

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-004.jpg

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-010.jpg

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-037.jpg

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-011.jpg

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-017.jpg

A thankyou show from the school kids

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-029.jpg

Water tanks for the school

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-043.jpg

Metal cabinets / lockers for the 2 poor kindergartens in the village

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-044.jpg

cnx-toyride-nam-som-23october2010-042.jpg

More photos on GT Rider.

Thankyou Chiang Mai ToyRide sponsors & all who joined in to help on the day.