Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So fellow CBR250 riders, what do you think of the amount of airflow to your head and upper body at 130kph+??

I find it too much to be enjoyable. The bike would certainly have no problems cruising at 130 or 140, but for me the airflow to the head makes it uncomfortable.

How do ye find it?

In the broucher for the 150i there's a few pages of accessories and they have an extended screen which I'd certainly be interested in for the 250 if it helps in this matter.

Cheers chaps.

If I remember correctly, the wind screen you're talking about actually bolts on UNDER the mirror mounts, so I would check and make sure the screw holes are the same on both bike mirror mounts.

This the official 150 version.

V9823919-2.jpg

I'm pretty sure that within a few months there'll be a Thai copy available on the web-boards.

not the best of days but here we go.... i left nst at 0600... drove for 5 min before the first accident aappeared infront of me... it is funn how everything moves slowly when it happens... i was standing still and a pick up crashed into another pick up that flew through the air. it landed about 3m from me... lucky it was next to a bunch of rescue cars so they were all over it like fat kids on cup cakes... it then rode into the curvy mountains (one hill, but i can dream).

guess what, the sky openend up and the ocean came down, note to myself: the standard tires sucks in the rain... i continued on at about 70-80 for the next hour... on the highway i opened her up, no rain and my spirit rose...

due to poor roadwork i quickly had to slow down again... highway all alone at 100 is not fun, but the road was really bad...

about 20km before wiang sae the road got better, i got faster, alot faster...

suspension needs some work at high speeds, tires needs to be replaced, seat is small, underpowered...all in all a small/cheap bike...

i managed 2 hours and 59 min from nst to sarasin with rain- that is faster then my mates can get here with a car...

my butt is fine, not sore after a few hours in the saddle....

at central now, parked next to a ducati- strangly a thai came over and ignored the ducati and started to tell me all about my bike...

told him that i can from nst and all he wanted to know was ... how much petrol... i filled full tank before i left, due to high speeds i filled up in au luk, 339b, but i have half a tank left... will calculate better tomorrow when i get home- total km and total fuel cost...

I like this bike... for what you pay it is a huge step forward from the last cbr...

if i still had my zx12r i would think hard about which bike to use on a trip like this...

super fast vs workk hard to get fun...

Not seen a 250 in the flesh yet, but the one thing I didn't like about the 150 in my condo was the tiny windscreen, really narrow and an odd shape. Not surprised it's a bit windy at higher speeds but at least it's an easy fix, assuming the 250 screen is as bad as the 150 looked.

Hey guys,

I'm heading down to Honda on Monday.

Can I pay for my bike with my UK credit card??? If i transfer money over here it cost an arm and a leg!:angry:

Getting quite excited now :rolleyes:

Hummm, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to, especially if it's Visa or Master Card.

Hey guys,

Can I pay for my bike with my UK credit card??? If i transfer money over here it cost an arm and a leg!:angry:

Hummm, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to, especially if it's Visa or Master Card.

Thats just the response i was hoping for! If all goes to plan I'll be doing the entire south coast on Monday morning. Maybe i'll post some pics!:)

Hey guys,

Thats just the response i was hoping for! If all goes to plan I'll be doing the entire south coast on Monday morning. Maybe i'll post some pics!:)

Fingers crossed....

Hey guys,

...Of Phuket....;)

Fingers crossed....

Cheers guys!

The % they add wouold work out cheaper for me so i hope they go with that.

Is therr anything else i should take other than: Work Permit & Passport????

Proof of address!

Any of these will suffice; rental agreement / letter from landlord or Embassy or Consulate / tabien baan if you own a place.

Bungies to tie down any extras!!

They threw in a nice helmet, a noddy helmet, jacket, plus other bits and pieces.

Ask them to degrease the discs before you ride off...

Cheers guys!

The % they add wouold work out cheaper for me so i hope they go with that.

Is therr anything else i should take other than: Work Permit & Passport????

Proof of address!

Any of these will suffice; rental agreement / letter from landlord or Embassy or Consulate / tabien baan if you own a place.

Bungies to tie down any extras!!

They threw in a nice helmet, a noddy helmet, jacket, plus other bits and pieces.

Ask them to degrease the discs before you ride off...

Go to Immigration to get "Certficate of Residence". Docs needed is rental agreement or tabien baan. If Tabien baan has any resident, 1st registered resident (master of house) must sign a doc you live there and ad his/her copy id card signed. And passport

The last two posts are not applicable seeing as you have a work permit. I bought with passport, work permit and cash. Nothing else is necessary.

You're quite right Naboo but sometimes what is necessary and what the dealer beleives is required are not the same.

Fortunately I took my rental agreement on the off chance.

Less savy dealers might ask. Main dealers are less twitchy with foreigners I guess.

But the bit about the bungies is correct :D

so i am back home now...

to start with todays trip we have to look at the ending of yesterday...

late last night i saw that i had little air in my rear tire, i had a flat... intoxicated as i was, i thought nothing more about it...

this morninghowever i saw a rather large screw tucked inn... i managed to get the bike to a petrol station to fill air in the tire. i then rode around to a few bike shops to no avail, they do not have a repair kit for bigger bikes...

i decided to ride the bike back home, better than leaving it on Phuket...

started my ride by doing 75kph from central, to phangnga, to Krabi.. there i got bored and opened her up a bit more... 130 was top speed passing trang going towards thung song.

I do not know what brand of tires do any inpi

that trip took me about 4.5 hours...

the ride was very good... still not sore, the front brakes could be better...

all in all very happy with the bike after 789 km in two days... total petrol costs for that distance is 849b...

all i have to do now is to order a new rear wheel, do i need a new front wheel?

i have bought the black wind screen, not the add on but the same as the picture above, i ordered it at honda and it came 3 days ago. The 150 and 250 are different....

They cost around 350b... But you have to remove the whole front section of the bike to put them on...

The touring screen cost something like 2000b so i will just wait for the cheaper copy...

Edited by snowflake

this morninghowever i saw a rather large screw tucked inn... i managed to get the bike to a petrol station to fill air in the tire. i then rode around to a few bike shops to no avail, they do not have a repair kit for bigger bikes...

What nonsense- most service stations and tire shops can plug a punctured motorcycle tire. It's no different from plugging a car tire. Usually costs 20-50 baht. Riding all that way with a screw in your tire especially at high speeds was pretty dangerous. Anyway, glad you made it back in one piece.

I think you mean tire, and not wheel, right? There's some debate on this subject but IMO a properly plugged tire can be used until it's worn out. Not sure I'd risk a plugged front tire, but I've ridden plugged rear tires down to the wear markers several times without any problems.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tony

What nonsense- most service stations and tire shops can plug a punctured motorcycle tire. It's no different from plugging a car tire. Usually costs 20-50 baht. Riding all that way with a screw in your tire especially at high speeds was pretty dangerous. Anyway, glad you made it back in one piece.

I think the key is.. Dont go to bike / scooter repair places and tin shack bike guys.. Go to a proper car tyre center, they can plug.

And I am in the camp that I would ride a plugged rear.. I might not be too hard on it, and I would not want to track it or trust a plugged front as much.. But think a well done (and thats important) plug would keep me feeling enough trust.

Hey guys,

Fingers crossed....

I think Honda will probably add the 3% credit card fees onto the transaction tho no ??

For me using my credit card isnt any savings as transferring money to my Thai bank.

Edited by LivinLOS

trust me, i tried many places to find only one guy who could plug it... No one in phuket could, my guess is that they were to drunk... Still passed out...

I will get it fixed today, my mates tire place is open i think...

Tony, not going to argue with you on the tire part... I will ride with it as well...

Hey guys,

Fingers crossed....

I think Honda will probably add the 3% credit card fees onto the transaction tho no ??

For me using my credit card isnt any savings as transferring money to my Thai bank.

I was charged 1.5% on my VISA card

I think you mean tire, and not wheel, right? There's some debate on this subject but IMO a properly plugged tire can be used until it's worn out. Not sure I'd risk a plugged front tire, but I've ridden plugged rear tires down to the wear markers several times without any problems.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tony

Due to many high speed accidents it is now illegal in EU to ride with a plugged tyre, except for trucks and busses speed limited to 80 kmh.

Take the tyre off, vulc it and install/ balance it again. On a pickup with 17", Manit Center Max Phuket charges 200 baht for this

I have worn out several plugged tyres, but I will not risk it again after seeing the blow ups

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tony

Due to many high speed accidents it is now illegal in EU to ride with a plugged tyre, except for trucks and busses speed limited to 80 kmh.

Take the tyre off, vulc it and install/ balance it again. On a pickup with 17", Manit Center Max Phuket charges 200 baht for this

I have worn out several plugged tyres, but I will not risk it again after seeing the blow ups

Well I agree I would trust a plugged tire at 300+km/hr on a sport bike, but the CBR 250 isn't a "high speed" vehicle and I really don't think running a properly plugged tire is going to pose much risk. Then again, can you trust your local tire shop to install a good plug? I plug my punctures with a kit that uses mushroom shaped plugs. It's pretty much impossible for that type of plug to fail. But locally many tire shops use those plugs that look like "dog <deleted>", and sometimes those plugs stay put and seal the puncture, but sometimes they don't. I'd not be comfortable riding on a tire that was repaired that way. When in doubt best to replace.

Ride On!

Tony

trust me, i tried many places to find only one guy who could plug it... No one in phuket could, my guess is that they were to drunk... Still passed out...

Sorry but nonsense.. I have had tyres plugged in Phuket.. Once in a proper tyre center for cars once done by a tin shack in Patong even (who had to outsource the actual plugging but in town as it was done in 20 mins).

Not knowing where is different from not possible.

I rented a CBR-250 in Pattaya last night. Really is a great way to test drive one and so far it's impressive. My old bike is a 4 year old CBR-150 with 80k on it, so not surprisingly the new one is much smother and faster. The 250 feels fast enough to travel long distances, cruising at 130-140 kph it is not pushing to the max like the 150 does.

I have not ridden the 250 Ninja or Tiger for comparison, but the CBR250 seems like an excellent buy for the price. The build quality is typical Honda : flawless. The only thing I do not like is the digital speedometer and fuel/temperature gauges. I'm old enough to remember that fad in cars in the 1980's and they are much more difficult to read than the old analog gauges on my 150 were, but that's a minor complaint.

I rented it for a week for 3000 baht, and it only had 160 kilometers on it when I took it. This is an excellent way to really see if you like it before buying it. I'm not sure If I'll rent a Ninja 250 before buying, the CBR seems more than fast enough and with 80,000 problem free kilometers on my old 150 I love the Honda durability.