Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

A few replies to different things.

Over 101k is silly:

Possibly depending on the situation. I paid 110k as I was able to drive out a black and silver model that same hour on Dec. 22nd. Finding and waiting to get the same model would have kept me waiting until the new year. Saved me a lot in taxis in the period between, saved me a lot from spending money doing nonsense due to hanging around without a bike so going out and doing other stuff. And would have lost the platinum package - free oil changes, free road side assistance, 3 free cleans, plus the HJC helmet that came with the 1st 1000 bikes.

All in all I actually saved money as opposed to waiting for the same model at 100k.

Re: the platinum package, yes, see above.

My engine sounds a lot sportier now, roars and screams a bit more from about 6000rpm. Sounds good when pulling back and wanting a bit of a roar, not so good when light cruising in traffic. Don't know if it's a natural change in a new engine, or I screwed up the break-in and I've broken it. :D

Anyone else with over 1,500km notice anything similar?

I pleased with my bike so far and I paid 115K, got two years insurance, the platinum package, which is a really good deal and the HJC helmet.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone familiar with the recommended tire pressure? I'm going to rent one out this weekend to see if my girlfriend and I can both be comfortable... and really want to know if I'll be satisfied with it.

Cheers!

Martiny.. let us know where, how much, how many they have. what colours etc.. rental places that is.

i want to do the same.. but i'm NOT allowed to ride a red bike now :D

As far as I know POP's in CM has a grey and a red one. 800bht/day

Is anyone familiar with the recommended tire pressure? I'm going to rent one out this weekend to see if my girlfriend and I can both be comfortable... and really want to know if I'll be satisfied with it.

Cheers!

Martiny.. let us know where, how much, how many they have. what colours etc.. rental places that is.

i want to do the same.. but i'm NOT allowed to ride a red bike now :D

As far as I know POP's in CM has a grey and a red one. 800bht/day

thanks for getting back... i thought you were in Pattaya area.. Pattaya is about 600km's closer to me :D

they claim that they did not take out the cat, they just removed something else from the inside... Not to interested in that stuff... Sound is not much louder, but you will notice it... Sounds a little bigger...

i am thinking of making him build a new system for me... They said about 3K...

Or wait for tygo to release their R6 look alike in february (think that is what they told me, cant remember)...

got my bike back now, sounds a bit better than the original muffler now- free of charge and it has improved... That means i can calm down and enjoy riding the bike...

No more stealth rider... Dogs and thais be aware- snowflake is in the air!

What platinum package? Huh? Free? Never heard anything about that one...

Do you know what they did to the exhaust? Any photos? Did they remove the front can (see Hili's photos) and is that the catalyser?

If you bought the CBR250 before Dec 31st you got 1 year roadside assistance for free plus oil changes etc.

I got mine last week and seemed to have received some of the platinum package. I got some free oil changes, free cleans, free sparky, free helmet and free air filter. Basic insurance and tax service etc. 110k

kernow.. the back brakes are known to be a problem,, you need to clean the disc and pads with a brake cleaner spray (lotus/big c) or 100% alcohol.

(it seems most of the dealers haven't been cleaning the assembly/shipping oil off)

then once dry. blast it up the road and stamp on the rear brake pedal....biggrin.gif

I enjoyed the CBR250 rental I had, but once again I find myself at odds with some of the comments above. The top speed I could get out of the bike was 142 KPH, and that was on a wide open stretch of Highway 36 between Pattaya and Rayong, and with my stomach on the gas tank to reduce wind resistance. It went quickly to 135, but after that, every KPH was gained one at a time and very slowly. Not a problem if you are just going to ride locally, but if you plan to do any long distance riding with others who have bigger bikes, you will be holding them up.

Nice bike, excellent quality, and a real bargain for only 100k baht. If my old CBR is any indication probably good for over 100,000 kilometers before you will need a new bike, but it's still a small bike with low horse power from a one cylinder engine. It's a good buy, but if you want to do a lot of long distance traveling, you would be better off with a bigger bike.

I took the bike back yesterday and as I walked through Pattaya I saw several brand new 250 rentals. Well worth a couple thousand baht to do an extended 2 or 3 day test drive. The place I rented from (2nd road across from Welcome Inn) turned out to be very honest and reasonable. I returned the bike, they looked it over quickly and gave me back my deposit with no hassle. I forget their name, but it's in my earlier post from a few days ago (above).

I could be wrong, but for some reason, all the Honda bikes with the new fuel injection systems instead of carbs seem to have very low top speeds.

Edited by Bobr

The top speed I could get out of the bike was 142 KPH, and that was on a wide open stretch of Highway 36 between Pattaya and Rayong, and with my stomach on the gas tank to reduce wind resistance. It went quickly to 135, but after that, every KPH was gained one at a time and very slowly.

I was surprised at others saying they easily got it to 150kph too. I've only gone upto 140, but haven't had it on an empty stretch of highway to pin it yet. Although I feel there isn't much left in it after 140, at least not going past it quickly. Mine flies up around 137ish but after that it lugs a bit and the wind to the head is always too much to continue.

Might differ when I've a touring windscreen and open road, but I'm yet to take it above 140. Although I've always said that the speedo feels very genuine.

REF: Back brakes. Yes, mine had nothing when driving out of the dealer, had to bring it back and get them to tighten up the cable. After that they're fine.

i have gotten it to 153- but that was hard work and open road (lots of time) i have always thought it was because I am a fat bastard... Yes, the bike will vary in speed depending on heavy you are... Think it should do 160 with a Thai on top...

Speedo feels very real, and 80 on the cbr feels faster than 80 on the pcx or car...

I feel now that my front breake feels a bit weak- will stop by tomorrow to get it sorted out...

i have gotten it to 153- but that was hard work and open road (lots of time) i have always thought it was because I am a fat bastard... Yes, the bike will vary in speed depending on heavy you are... Think it should do 160 with a Thai on top...

Speedo feels very real, and 80 on the cbr feels faster than 80 on the pcx or car...

I feel now that my front breake feels a bit weak- will stop by tomorrow to get it sorted out...

I enjoyed the CBR250 rental I had, but once again I find myself at odds with some of the comments above. The top speed I could get out of the bike was 142 KPH, and that was on a wide open stretch of Highway 36 between Pattaya and Rayong, and with my stomach on the gas tank to reduce wind resistance. It went quickly to 135, but after that, every KPH was gained one at a time and very slowly. Not a problem if you are just going to ride locally, but if you plan to do any long distance riding with others who have bigger bikes, you will be holding them up.

Nice bike, excellent quality, and a real bargain for only 100k baht. If my old CBR is any indication probably good for over 100,000 kilometers before you will need a new bike, but it's still a small bike with low horse power from a one cylinder engine. It's a good buy, but if you want to do a lot of long distance traveling, you would be better off with a bigger bike.

I took the bike back yesterday and as I walked through Pattaya I saw several brand new 250 rentals. Well worth a couple thousand baht to do an extended 2 or 3 day test drive. The place I rented from (2nd road across from Welcome Inn) turned out to be very honest and reasonable. I returned the bike, they looked it over quickly and gave me back my deposit with no hassle. I forget their name, but it's in my earlier post from a few days ago (above).

I could be wrong, but for some reason, all the Honda bikes with the new fuel injection systems instead of carbs seem to have very low top speeds.

On our last ride we mostly cruised at a maximum of 135 km/h GPS verified. The Ninja didn't have a problem keeping up with the GSX-R, K1200*, Viagro 800 (?) or the VX800.....

From what I gather the CBR 250 is some 4% optimistic compared to the Ninja's 8% optimism. So at your indicated 135 you were probably going a real 129; that compares well with what the Ninja does at the same speed which is 125 km/h when indicated 135...

Actually it's not the weight that makes farang slower on the bike; it's the build. Weight affects acceleration, build affects top speed.

OK...im trying to decide between buying the CBR250 and the Honda CB400 SS (or the Yamaha SR400..though I prefer the Honda). I would like a bit of top speed with the CBR...So you guys who are posting top speeds of 140-150..what revs are you doing when youre up at that speed??

I know theres about a 50K price difference between the 2..but I also need reliability to get me to where I want to go. If I thought the CBR could hit 160 when red-lining the revs at 10.5K I think Id go for that.......

Seems strange because I can hit 125 on the old CBR150 at 9-9.5K revs.....

Actually it's not the weight that makes farang slower on the bike; it's the build. Weight affects acceleration, build affects top speed.

Dave... in that case Dave. Me and you are bolloxed for top speed on the CBR250 :D

OK...im trying to decide between buying the CBR250 and the Honda CB400 SS (or the Yamaha SR400..though I prefer the Honda). I would like a bit of top speed with the CBR...So you guys who are posting top speeds of 140-150..what revs are you doing when youre up at that speed??

I know theres about a 50K price difference between the 2..but I also need reliability to get me to where I want to go. If I thought the CBR could hit 160 when red-lining the revs at 10.5K I think Id go for that.......

A 'real' speed of 140 km/h will be 8682 RPM; an indicated speed of 140 km/h (which seems to be a 'real' 134) will be at 8310 RPM. The CBR's theoretical top speed is 169 km/h at 10 481 RPM with stock tyres...9932 RPM is all you need for 160 km/h.

dont't forget that the CBR's tested so far are stock.. with a pipe and muffler on i'm sure that will increase the rev range and give 1 or 2 pony's.. then when the air filter and power commander come out more still...... I have seen a dyno that shows the stock ninja at 24.25hp and the cbr at 21.59hp.. then the Indonesian ninja with jetting changes and a muffler getting 29hp... so i believe the cbr should easily and safely achieve about 25hp but with slightly more midrange torque. maybe, possibly......time will tell :burp:

i would say that if you are heavy as i am- it gous automatically in with as well...

Well... I think i was close to 8500 rpm when i managed 153... Sorry but cant remember...

How much difference would 1hp make?

answer...50kmh :burp:

No seriously... what 1hp increase are you on about..........i make it that the Cbr will come up to about the same as a standard ninja.. so abou 3-4 hp..if that is so . I'm pretty sure that bIGBIKEBKK got around 170 ishkmh from his standard ninja..(but he IS a skinny bastard.. :D)

Edited by thaicbr

i would say that if you are heavy as i am- it gous automatically in with as well...

Well... I think i was close to 8500 rpm when i managed 153... Sorry but cant remember...

No seriously... what 1hp increase are you on about..........i make it that the Cbr will come up to about the same as a standard ninja.. so abou 3-4 hp..if that is so . I'm pretty sure that bIGBIKEBKK got around 170 ishkmh from his standard ninja..(but he IS a skinny bastard.. :D)

170 would be nearly as fast as that Ninja from the States that was dressed out for the fastest NA run....it got up to 111.3 MPH (178 km/h). I could see him hitting a 'real' 155 (a bit not really much more than I've seen) or nearly 170 on the speedo. If Sonwflake is correct than on the CBR he hit almost 147 km/h (based on the CBR 250 forum's variance between real and shown speed) with a much larger frame than Tony's. IIRC Tony's bike also had a Two Brother's system on it; wonder what it would have been like had Snowflake's ride been pimped out similarily.

I could cruise at 170 km/hr INDICATED which I think is closer to ~155 km/hr actual on my 100% stock Ninjette.

170 would be nearly as fast as that Ninja from the States that was dressed out for the fastest NA run....it got up to 111.3 MPH (178 km/h). I could see him hitting a 'real' 155 (a bit not really much more than I've seen) or nearly 170 on the speedo. If Sonwflake is correct than on the CBR he hit almost 147 km/h (based on the CBR 250 forum's variance between real and shown speed) with a much larger frame than Tony's. IIRC Tony's bike also had a Two Brother's system on it; wonder what it would have been like had Snowflake's ride been pimped out similarily.

Um, nope Dave, my Ninjette was bone stock.

1025Ninja250RSm.jpg

Perhaps you're thinking of my ER6n with the Two Bros?

dsc0878ndSSR.jpg

Cheers!

T

I can't tell you exactly what revs it was doing at 142, but it was not even close to redline. I would guess about 8xxx rpm. I glanced but was mostly looking at the road and the speedometer. With the electronic ignition, it's not possible to over-rev since the computer will cut it when it reaches red line.

Hopefully i will get mine next week than i can report top speed for thais as i am 58kg at 165cm i may be the fastest here :lol:

Yep you're so small you better duct tape yourself on so that you don't fly off....

i prefer Velcro fastener on the tank and my jacket. sticks well and easy to go

Hopefully i will get mine next week than i can report top speed for thais as i am 58kg at 165cm i may be the fastest here :lol:

Yep you're so small you better duct tape yourself on so that you don't fly off....

Nah, I got you beat. I'm 173cm and down to about 62kg. Next month when I get mine, maybe I should also get some velcro for the seat and my pants. lol.