Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Got it up to 180kph by changing the sproket, air filter and muffler!

That's what the boys at Red Barron told my buddy when he was there today with his VFR.

So there's potential for that change you have in your pocket for not having bought something else ;-)

Or you can wring it's neck all day as is and it should keep on going :lol:

@Tiffer plaes tell us deatails of the sprocket, air filter and muffler u got? Thanks

Hold your horses Hili!!

(pardon the pun)

As per my post 180kmph is what the boys at Red Barron told my buddy

Btw they also reckon they uped the HP by 10

So I guess they're the people to ask.

Wish I could tell you straight of the bat but I wasn't there.

Had I been then I'd have got my calculator and note pad out ;-)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what the boys at Red Barron told my buddy when he was there today with his VFR.

So there's potential for that change you have in your pocket for not having bought something else ;-)

@Tiffer plaes tell us deatails of the sprocket, air filter and muffler u got? Thanks

Hold your horses Hili!!

(pardon the pun)

sorry tiffler i misunderstood i thought u were the one who got it up to 180..... didnt read carefully :whistling:

Hold your horses Hili!!

(pardon the pun)

180 kph? whistling.gif

They upped the hp by 10? Is that 10hp or 10%? For a top speed of 180 I'm assuming you mean 10 hp which would be a massive 30% increase. Even then it would struggle to hit 180.

Hold your horses Hili!!

(pardon the pun)

180 kph? whistling.gif

They upped the hp by 10? Is that 10hp or 10%? For a top speed of 180 I'm assuming you mean 10 hp which would be a massive 30% increase. Even then it would struggle to hit 180.

He does mention the sprocket (i assume rear) was changed, which is where a lot of achieving 180 would come from, with the obvious result in loss of acceleration. Yeah, 10HP gain seems high. Is that gain at the crank or wheel? If it at the wheel then that is a 50% increase!! Don't believe nothin' tell you see the dyno report and even then take it with a grain of salt!

Edited by taichiplanet

A couple of months (or more) ago there was a video in the CBR 150 form where a guy mounted a camera so you could clearly see the speedometer, and got his old model up to 180, but it never specified what modifications he had made to it in order to do that.

link?

Dissapointed with mine, impossible to ride at anything lower than 3,000 revs..fuel economy nothing like the reports....good ride and seating etc but expected a smoother ride than a superdream 250 that was made in the 80s, and didnt get it.

@ESB7

Maybe your tuning is out?

The ride is smooth...

We're all getting 30+k/pl

and riding below 3,000 is perfectly feasable ie 2nd gear in solid traffic is ideal.

Might be something amiss with your set up?

As soon as I rode it off the forecourt it didn feel right...gave it a good run as maybe just me getting used to it and also being new but at the end of the day no good. Took it to Honda in the morning and collected it a few hours later, they said the brakes were 'sticking'....took it on another long run, must admit was a little beter but something definatly wrong......regardless of gear just cant ride at less than 3,000 revs without enormous banging.....it just cant be right and that is probably the reason for higher fuel consumption...was busy today but back to the workshop tomorrow....apart from that, they are a great little bike and a nice entry start for anyone.

A couple of months (or more) ago there was a video in the CBR 150 form where a guy mounted a camera so you could clearly see the speedometer, and got his old model up to 180, but it never specified what modifications he had made to it in order to do that.

link?

Big....there are 98 pages in the CBR 150 forum now, and it was like 2 or 3 months back. Happy hunting!!!

:cheesy:

As soon as I rode it off the forecourt it didn feel right...gave it a good run as maybe just me getting used to it and also being new but at the end of the day no good. Took it to Honda in the morning and collected it a few hours later, they said the brakes were 'sticking'....took it on another long run, must admit was a little beter but something definatly wrong......regardless of gear just cant ride at less than 3,000 revs without enormous banging.....it just cant be right and that is probably the reason for higher fuel consumption...was busy today but back to the workshop tomorrow....apart from that, they are a great little bike and a nice entry start for anyone.

I'm not technical but "banging" sounds bad...

I just got back from my weekly 100km+ 1 1/2 - 2 hr commute back from Nakorn Nayok which includes an ungodly distance through rush hour traffic and no judders.

Of course without feathering the clutch it will judder but I'm sure you do that already.

Juddering on the other hand might only be mixture / timing which on these bikes [correct me if I'm wrong] is an EMS issue.

Of course if your running on diesal, that would do it ;-)

He does mention the sprocket (i assume rear) was changed, which is where a lot of achieving 180 would come from, with the obvious result in loss of acceleration. Yeah, 10HP gain seems high. Is that gain at the crank or wheel? If it at the wheel then that is a 50% increase!! Don't believe nothin' tell you see the dyno report and even then take it with a grain of salt!

I was told 10hp and yes, I agree it's best to wait and see...

I'm sure Moto3 will spawn more mods than the 60's :licklips:

Dissapointed with mine, impossible to ride at anything lower than 3,000 revs..fuel economy nothing like the reports....good ride and seating etc but expected a smoother ride than a superdream 250 that was made in the 80s, and didnt get it.

Who on Earth wants to drive around under 3000rpm?

As for millage, I've put a 1000km+ on mine at just under 1b for 1 km, using Gasohol91 at 31b per liter.

Great value!

Incredible value! I struggle to get 1b per 1km from my Fino using Gasohol 91!

I am planning an upgrade to a CBR 250 but will wait for ABS!

Great threads but this thaimouse signing out.

Keep riding safe and hopefully we will meet up in 2011.

Happy new year to you all. Ride em and live em.

Who on Earth wants to drive around under 3000rpm?

As for millage, I've put a 1000km+ on mine at just under 1b for 1 km, using Gasohol91 at 31b per liter.

Great value!

Great value!

I agree.

First long trip was 435km which cost 450thb. The first 70 km was two-up with the missus going around the city.

Second trip was around 250km at 240thb.

The same price as my old cbr150 as it was using the more expensive Benzine91.

so all the cbr250 owners driving on gasohol 91? what about 95? should be also ok isnt it?

would not use Gasohol E20 (20% ethanol), but 91/95 petrol/gasohol E10 works fine

If bike is to be not used for a few weeks or longer, I recommend petrol in tank only. Gasohol can separate during storage, and amount of ethanol pumped to engine can become too high

I only think it "sucks" that they call it a "CBR" and put an "R" after the 250. I think it's mislabeled. But that doesn't mean the bike "sucks"...

Clearly if 1:34 was the best they could do at Thailand Circuit this new "CBR" isn't going to be competitive in the 250cc class, but again, that doesn't mean it "sucks".

It's CHEAP, it LOOKS good, and no doubt it will be of typical Honda QUALITY.

For people looking for a cheap reliable general purpose motorcycle the new Honda CBR 250R should fit the bill nicely.

There still aren't many choices in the 250cc class here in Thailand but the new Honda CBR 250R is a welcome addition.

If you don't like it, don't buy it!

But no need to say it "sucks" just because you don't like it.

Roll on!

Tony (#11)

Exactly my feeling.. While I quibble the CBR moniker.. And also think why no hornet 250 (which I could see myself getting if they did) I dont dispute its possibly a great bike doing the job it does.

Hold your horses Hili!!

(pardon the pun)

Claiming to add 40% more HP ??

Think thats a reach..

so all the cbr250 owners driving on gasohol 91? what about 95? should be also ok isnt it?

would not use Gasohol E20 (20% ethanol), but 91/95 petrol/gasohol E10 works fine

If bike is to be not used for a few weeks or longer, I recommend petrol in tank only. Gasohol can separate during storage, and amount of ethanol pumped to engine can become too high

That's a really good point, I will bear that in mind as my bike will sit for a few weeks at a time.

So fellow CBR250 riders, what do you think of the amount of airflow to your head and upper body at 130kph+??

I find it too much to be enjoyable. The bike would certainly have no problems cruising at 130 or 140, but for me the airflow to the head makes it uncomfortable.

How do ye find it?

In the broucher for the 150i there's a few pages of accessories and they have an extended screen which I'd certainly be interested in for the 250 if it helps in this matter.

Cheers chaps.

I managed to convince my wife that today was also a lucky day, so picked up the bike at 12:30.

Took it for a 65km spin, traffic was pretty busy in Hua Hin, but absolutely no problems working my way through town.

Then out onto the open road, found it to be very responsive and very comfortable bike.

I have a HD Heritage Softail, so one thing I did notice was that on a couple of occasions it wobbled a bit with a sudden crosswind, but that is just me needing to get used to riding a light bike.

All in all impressed and I plan to buy the ABS one later on in the year, so that when my brother comes out to visit we can go for a bit of a tour.

So fellow CBR250 riders, what do you think of the amount of airflow to your head and upper body at 130kph+??

I find it too much to be enjoyable. The bike would certainly have no problems cruising at 130 or 140, but for me the airflow to the head makes it uncomfortable.

How do ye find it?

In the broucher for the 150i there's a few pages of accessories and they have an extended screen which I'd certainly be interested in for the 250 if it helps in this matter.

Cheers chaps.

If I remember correctly, the wind screen you're talking about actually bolts on UNDER the mirror mounts, so I would check and make sure the screw holes are the same on both bike mirror mounts.

I think I am on page 20 so apologies if you read this after having read the whole thread.

I cannotsee anything that convinces me a 250 is going to give me more enjoyment than my 150

apart from the stopping ability of the C+abs.

Part exchange would probaby mean coughing up 60K + and I can't see the value in that.

I've just spent 5000 Baht on proper tyres and my 150 is just fine.

Convince me if you can.

I think I am on page 20 so apologies if you read this after having read the whole thread.

I cannotsee anything that convinces me a 250 is going to give me more enjoyment than my 150

Part exchange would probaby mean coughing up 60K + and I can't see the value in that.

Convince me if you can.

No need to try and convince you. The 150 obviously suits your needs, so all that matters is that you are happy with the bike you have. Better tyres is a smart move! :jap:

Convince me if you can.

why should anybody give a shit about convincing you?

you are the man!

this is what you wanted to hear,take it and be happy!deppala!

I am tomorrow morning going on my first long trip... I will start off from NST about 0600 and ride to Phuket. that should be about 350km... will go back on saturday...

all i have is a small backpack, wish me luck and good weather (it is pissing down now) ...

happy new year to all of you....

bikes are here to be enjoyed by the people who buys them, who cares what we ride, different people have different needs/ budgets and we should try to be happy with iwhat we have...

ride safe and be well in the new year...

I am tomorrow morning going on my first long trip... I will start off from NST about 0600 and ride to Phuket. that should be about 350km... will go back on saturday...

all i have is a small backpack, wish me luck and good weather (it is pissing down now) ...

bikes are here to be enjoyed by the people who buys them, who cares what we ride, different people have different needs/ budgets and we should try to be happy with iwhat we have...

Small backpack or big bum bag will do it.

Don't carry it if you can buy it ;-)

Travel well!

Welcome to Phuket in an hour or two :D

here in kata its not raining, but sky is grey