Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Against my better judgment I let a friend convince me that a muffler shop could make the standard exhaust sound better- and cheap, just a few hundred baht...

Rode it down there and let them go to work...

They called back to me and told me finished after only 4 hours, good I thought...

<deleted>-- I started it up, It sounded like a 13year old boy satisfying himself with a cheesegrinder... The F-words came out so rapidly that I was amazed myself- They promised me it would sound nicer (even the guy who did it said it was not good)...

Told them that I would not ride the bike as that and that they had to fix it ASAFP, they are now working on it...

I hate the fact that I can not blame the boys, I have to blame myself!!!

Love the bike, but hate the sound- Now I hate the sound more than it is worth- PCX from now on...

(Yes, I know I just buy one for 6500B, but I dont have that yet as I just had to buy 4 new tires for my Vigo... I have to save some up first!!!

(One unhappy camper down here in NST now!!!)

Live & Learn

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just paid a deposit this morning on a black ABS model, they said 3-6 weeks for delivery. Total price will be 120k which includes registration and basic insurance, absolute bargain!

I'll change the pipe when a decent one is available and also the tyres to Pirelli Sport Demon.

Keep us posted on the pipe...i like the low key sound but something a little more 'throaty' would be nicesmile.gif

K-Speed in BKK have the one in the clip below for 6,500 baht, is this throaty enough?

Sounds better than it looks eh? Anything a bit more easy on the eyes? cool.gif

Against my better judgment I let a friend convince me that a muffler shop could make the standard exhaust sound better- and cheap, just a few hundred baht...

They called back to me and told me finished after only 4 hours, good I thought...

<deleted>-- I started it up, It sounded like a 13year old boy satisfying himself with a cheesegrinder... The F-words came out so rapidly that I was amazed myself- They promised me it would sound nicer (even the guy who did it said it was not good)...

Told them that I would not ride the bike as that and that they had to fix it ASAFP, they are now working on it...

Love the bike, but hate the sound- Now I hate the sound more than it is worth- PCX from now on...

(Yes, I know I just buy one for 6500B, but I dont have that yet as I just had to buy 4 new tires for my Vigo... I have to save some up first!!!

Ooops!

A few hundred Baht...

There is some truth to the old saying "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"!

From your description let me guess- they cut open the stock exhaust, gutted it, packed it with fiberglass and welded it back together? :lol:

Glass pack mufflers can sound sweet if properly done...

Hope they can sort it out for you without too much drama.

Good luck!

I think it wont be easy to make this muffler sounding better as the whole setup differs from "standard" mufflers. As you can see here....

post-77479-0-45110000-1294212818_thumb.j

anybody knows what for is that first can? Is it the catalysor?

post-77479-0-63547500-1294213038_thumb.j

I went to the Honda main dealer in Khampaeng Phet this morning and inquired about a 250 with ABS.

They found the lady I normally speak to and she told me that they had none and also if I wanted one I should order it.

I explained that I wouldn't order one until I had actually seen one.

I asked the price and she found some other guy who quoted me 140,000 baht.

I explained that apHonda's price was 115,000 and he repeated his 140,000 and there we left it.

For 7,000 baht more I could buy the Kawasaki 250 (but no ABS).

I think it wont be easy to make this muffler sounding better as the whole setup differs from "standard" mufflers. As you can see here....

Why not take it apart and have a look! You seem to be quite handy. smile.gif

I would like it if we could modify the original muffler to sound better.

I went to the Honda main dealer in Khampaeng Phet this morning and inquired about a 250 with ABS.

They found the lady I normally speak to and she told me that they had none and also if I wanted one I should order it.

I explained that apHonda's price was 115,000 and he repeated his 140,000 and there we left it.

Was in Phuket town today to get a red 250 non ABS. 110k :lol: :lol: :lol:

try to find time to see some more dealers tomorrow, as more than 101k is silly

Why not take it apart and have a look! You seem to be quite handy. smile.gif

I would like it if we could modify the original muffler to sound better.

I d prefere to keep the original muffler/cat stock, so I can put it back when bike fails emission/noise test. Kwaker charges 15k baht for cat, Platinum is not cheap.

Anyone tryed some of the stainless CBR150 cans at 2-3k baht?

thats a rip off, i was quoted 118k for the abs, seem ok as someone else here mentioned he will get it for 120k.

The big garage on Yawarat quoted 105k but was closed on the day i had planned to get it. Went over to Phang Nga and paid 110k. Maybe silly but i love the bike enough to not regret it and had arranged to sell old one etc.

The big garage on Yawarat quoted 105k but was closed on the day i had planned to get it. Went over to Phang Nga and paid 110k. Maybe silly but i love the bike enough to not regret it and had arranged to sell old one etc.

I left the shop and I won't bother to go there again. 28.75% over the "normal" price. That's one hell of a premium.

Honda in kamala have 250's for 101k. Not sure if they have the red one tho...

Thanks, my GF sister works there, so I guess we ll go there tomorrow, Bike is for GF, not me, and she was pissed today about the 110 in Phuket town, its 99k in her hometown. She hasnt started selling her old bike anyway, so she can wait for red if I let her ride my Ninja650R on occasions :D

Thanks, my GF sister works there, so I guess we ll go there tomorrow, Bike is for GF, not me, and she was pissed today about the 110 in Phuket town, its 99k in her hometown. She hasnt started selling her old bike anyway, so she can wait for red if I let her ride my Ninja650R on occasions :D

Okey she wont be happy with the 150?=)selling mine soon 65k, think im gonna get a 650R, nice bike=)

Okey she wont be happy with the 150?=)selling mine soon 65k, think im gonna get a 650R, nice bike=)

150 is nice, 65k isnt bad, but its like 80k new and 100k for 250, and I believe 150 will be short of power for group rides

I'm guessing the front box is the cat; much different from the photos from Honda where the cat seems incorporated in the front pipe. If it is the front can then it makes the job of removing it much easier! :D

post-70604-0-46360700-1294216725_thumb.j

post-70604-0-54498000-1294216748_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

got my bike back now, sounds a bit better than the original muffler now- free of charge and it has improved... That means i can calm down and enjoy riding the bike...

No more stealth rider... Dogs and thais be aware- snowflake is in the air!

What platinum package? Huh? Free? Never heard anything about that one...

got my bike back now, sounds a bit better than the original muffler now- free of charge and it has improved... That means i can calm down and enjoy riding the bike...

did you keep the internals of cat? worth at least 2-5k baht as scrap metal (platinum)

Do you know what they did to the exhaust? Any photos? Did they remove the front can (see Hili's photos) and is that the catalyser?

If you bought the CBR250 before Dec 31st you got 1 year roadside assistance for free plus oil changes etc.

Edited by taichiplanet

A few replies to different things.

Over 101k is silly:

Possibly depending on the situation. I paid 110k as I was able to drive out a black and silver model that same hour on Dec. 22nd. Finding and waiting to get the same model would have kept me waiting until the new year. Saved me a lot in taxis in the period between, saved me a lot from spending money doing nonsense due to hanging around without a bike so going out and doing other stuff. And would have lost the platinum package - free oil changes, free road side assistance, 3 free cleans, plus the HJC helmet that came with the 1st 1000 bikes.

All in all I actually saved money as opposed to waiting for the same model at 100k.

Re: the platinum package, yes, see above.

My engine sounds a lot sportier now, roars and screams a bit more from about 6000rpm. Sounds good when pulling back and wanting a bit of a roar, not so good when light cruising in traffic. Don't know if it's a natural change in a new engine, or I screwed up the break-in and I've broken it. :D

Anyone else with over 1,500km notice anything similar?

Edited by appropriate

This one is probably the best one so far... looks good too! The price for this one is about 25000bht, at least that's the price for the Ninja 250.

I think that's the Bizumo one I posted earlier today, if it is you can get it from K-Speed in BKK for 6500 baht.

This one is probably the best one so far... looks good too! The price for this one is about 25000bht, at least that's the price for the Ninja 250.

I think that's the Bizumo one I posted earlier today, if it is you can get it from K-Speed in BKK for 6500 baht.

sorry those are the two links I was trying to post... not sure where you can get them... but the Termigoni one sure sounds and looks good. I think it's the right size as well.

Thanks for correcting me...

Cheers!

sorry those are the two links I was trying to post... not sure where you can get them... but the Termigoni one sure sounds and looks good. I think it's the right size as well.

Thanks for correcting me...

Cheers!

Yeah I like those two as well but I think they are exhausts meant for other bikes that have been altered independently so that they fit the new CBR. None of the main aftermarket exhaust manufacturers have one out yet but they will soon, screaming demon is top of my wish list!

Yeah I like those two as well but I think they are exhausts meant for other bikes that have been altered independently so that they fit the new CBR. None of the main aftermarket exhaust manufacturers have one out yet but they will soon, screaming demon is top of my wish list!

Yeah I guess you're right... and I agree, it'll be interesting to see what a screaming demon will sound like on the CBR 250...

Is anyone familiar with the recommended tire pressure? I'm going to rent one out this weekend to see if my girlfriend and I can both be comfortable... and really want to know if I'll be satisfied with it.

Cheers!

Martiny.. let us know where, how much, how many they have. what colours etc.. rental places that is.

i want to do the same.. but i'm NOT allowed to ride a red bike now :D