Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Where has the best selection of "riding gear" in Pattaya? any suggestions please? also where has test ride available for the fabled CBR250, again in Pattaya

The only place i know that has a selection is the Kawasaki Big Bike Showroom on Sukhumvit, it can be more expensive than Bkk but some gear might be reasonably priced. Mityon South Pattaya also has some gear.

While you are at Mityon South Pty, ask them about a test ride; if there is anywhere in Pats that you can get one that would be the place. Just make sure you speak to someone that knows what they are talking about, as (surprise, surprise) some of the staff make stuff up on the spot! :lol: If they can't give you a test ride ask them the name of a bike rental place that they sold a CBR250 to; i was told a month ago by someone there that the first order taken in Pty for a CBR250 was a rental place.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love my new 150, would probably love the 250 as well, but know what? In the city, especially during peak traffic hours, ya just can't beat my wife's fully customized Scoopy. lol

Just been down to Honda in P.Town...They finally have not 1, not 2 but three 250's in stock.

Having just 'seen' the 250 i have decided thats the one for me. Its much meatier! Afer your comments it also makes sense due to my spending most of time on the highway - maybe 75/25.

Going up to BKK for New Year then its straight down to Honda to pick up!

Black or Red????:)

Love my new 150, would probably love the 250 as well, but know what? In the city, especially during peak traffic hours, ya just can't beat my wife's fully customized Scoopy. lol

Just been down to Honda in P.Town...They finally have not 1, not 2 but three 250's in stock.

Having just 'seen' the 250 i have decided thats the one for me. Its much meatier! Afer your comments it also makes sense due to my spending most of time on the highway - maybe 75/25.

Going up to BKK for New Year then its straight down to Honda to pick up!

Black or Red????:)

Kernow.....if my time split was like yours,I probably would have waited for the 250 as well. But I live about 18k east of the city of Chiang Mai, with 4 different highways I can take into town, depending where I'm going, so a good highway bike is a must. But on the other hand, there are days I go into town and drive around to different places for 3-4 hours at a time, and need a good bike for the city as well. That was pretty much what made up my mind to go with the 150. However, my wife has suggested that since I want to do some "road trips" later on, that in 4-6 months I buy a 250 just for that, keeping the 150 for the city. Hey, makes sense to me!!! hahaha.

Picking up my 250 in the morning. Dark silver / grey. Bht 101,000 + on road & theft insurance. Suratthani, they sold 4 till 12pm today.

Nice choice of colour; that is the one i'd go for (with ABS) but haven't seen that colour in the flesh yet.

I live in Chiang Mai and saw one this afternoon at the dealership near Airport Plaza... I love it. I think the red one is very nice. It's a beautiful red, but screams look at me. The grey one looks great and is a little more subtle. That's the one I'll get for sure...

Here's a funny thing I've noticed about the CBR250: there's no kickstand/ignition interlock. Every modern bike and scooter I've owned has a switch that prevents the motor from running while the kickstand is down. The 250 lacks this, for some reason. I've been caught up by it once, luckily at walking speed in the driveway. Just gotta be more careful about it I suppose...

Here's a funny thing I've noticed about the CBR250: there's no kickstand/ignition interlock. Every modern bike and scooter I've owned has a switch that prevents the motor from running while the kickstand is down. The 250 lacks this, for some reason. I've been caught up by it once, luckily at walking speed in the driveway. Just gotta be more careful about it I suppose...

Good point TobyK.

Hadn't noticed... yet..!

Lack of hooking points needs some thought or it's a BIG bag on my back twice a week!

Helmet lock thingy resolved.

Went to an ironmongers or hardware store as they now say... they made up a 50cm steel cable with looped ends. Ideal!

Still, not good to trust such things all the time!

Good point TobyK.

Hadn't noticed... yet..!

Lack of hooking points needs some thought or it's a BIG bag on my back twice a week!

Helmet lock thingy resolved.

Went to an ironmongers or hardware store as they now say... they made up a 50cm steel cable with looped ends. Ideal!

Still, not good to trust such things all the time!

Same on the 150 with the kickstand/ignition interlock. Wonder why Honda didn't incorporate that like they do just about everything else?

In the brochures for the 150 they have a couple of different tank bags, as well as some that mount on the back, with carry straps. Although there is one shop I go to on that has a HUGE selection of backpacks of all types( along with tons of stuff for motorbikes, helmets, protective gear, etc.) and I saw one that could easily be adapted as a bag for the rear. That, with a tank bag, would be good.

I bought a heavy duty bicycle chain covered with plastic tubing for locking the REAL helmet to the bike. Yeah, bolt cutters would get through it, but I haven't seen many Thai walking around with those in their back pockets.

:o

Something else I've wondered about is, every scooter you see has the "stand" that you can push down, pull the bike up on to work on, or clean, but the old 150 didn't, the new one doesn't, and I wonder why? Would be helpful while working on it, changing a tire or fixing a flat, and even for washing.

If I had that feature I would disconnect it. The bike won't start unless it is in neutral or the clutch is engaged so how could you get into trouble?

Big chain is good but heavy.

The cable can tuck under the seat.

When my sis brings over my Nolans I might get something heavier!

Centre stands are more often than not an option and a costly one at that.

They weigh quite a few kilos too so that adds to the publicised weight.

A plastic crate is good under the bike if you want to work on it.

If it's a road side thing miles from anywhere that's another story!

If I had that feature I would disconnect it. The bike won't start unless it is in neutral or the clutch is engaged so how could you get into trouble?

I've seen guys ride off with their kickstand down. Probably not terribly dangerous, but still, not exactly safe... Up to you, as they say, but I once watched a guy hit the starter button on his BMW 1200 GS in a gas station parking lot and wouldn't you know, it was in gear and he had disconnected the kickstand kill switch. BOOM! Over it went... Embarrassing and expensive! (I do find it a bit odd that my Gixxer, even when in neutral, needs the clutch pulled in before you can start it...)

Big chain is good but heavy.

The cable can tuck under the seat.

When my sis brings over my Nolans I might get something heavier!

Centre stands are more often than not an option and a costly one at that.

They weigh quite a few kilos too so that adds to the publicised weight.

A plastic crate is good under the bike if you want to work on it.

If it's a road side thing miles from anywhere that's another story!

Surely you can't have a center stand on a "R" bike! ;)

Anyway, the bike is so lite that you can just push it over on the side stand and slide a crate or whatever underneath it- that's what I did with my old Ninjette.

No need for a paddock stand with such a lite bike IMO.

0914NakedNinja4Sm.jpg

Take off without putting the kickstand up and make a sharp left, you'll see what I mean.

I've seen guys ride off with their kickstand down. Probably not terribly dangerous, but still, not exactly safe... Up to you, as they say, but I once watched a guy hit the starter button on his BMW 1200 GS in a gas station parking lot and wouldn't you know, it was in gear and he had disconnected the kickstand kill switch. BOOM! Over it went... Embarrassing and expensive! (I do find it a bit odd that my Gixxer, even when in neutral, needs the clutch pulled in before you can start it...)

Years ago I knew a guy who was killed after leaving his sidestand down. He lived on a quiet road and the first bend he hit was a long sweeper at about 90 mph. His stand dug in and tipped him into oncoming traffic.

Years ago I knew a guy who was killed after leaving his sidestand down. He lived on a quiet road and the first bend he hit was a long sweeper at about 90 mph. His stand dug in and tipped him into oncoming traffic.

Oh wow! Terrible! Yet the new CBR you can ride off with the stand down? Bit odd that Honda offers ABS but neglect to include a kick stand kill switch... (I assumed those kill switches were required by law actually...)

Oh wow! Terrible! Yet the new CBR you can ride off with the stand down? Bit odd that Honda offers ABS but neglect to include a kick stand kill switch... (I assumed those kill switches were required by law actually...)

In most markets they are, but not in LOS. But all Honda scoots have them here, so why not CBR250?

In most markets they are, but not in LOS. But all Honda scoots have them here, so why not CBR250?

I know it is dangerous but I think the main reasons for not including a kickstand kill switch are; - you cannot work, observe and repair the bike while the engine is running such as checking the engine, chain etc. - and you have stop the engine every time when you need to get off from the bike which is not so practical such as small roadside stops to take a photo. It is not so good to kill the engine for small stops especially when it is really hot.

Well i think.

A centre stand on a sport bike? For what? To add 3 or more kilos while you are considering a light pipe or carbon fibre parts to clear some kilos?

too expensive or they ran out of stock :jap:

I know it is dangerous but I think the main reasons for not including a kickstand kill switch are; - you cannot work, observe and repair the bike while the engine is running such as checking the engine, chain etc. - and you have stop the engine every time when you need to get off from the bike which is not so practical such as small roadside stops to take a photo. It is not so good to kill the engine for small stops especially when it is really hot.

Well i think.

A centre stand on a sport bike? For what? To add 3 or more kilos while you are considering a light pipe or carbon fibre parts to clear some kilos?

on my 3 kwakerzakis, the footstand switch only kills engine when in gear, so engine can run in Neutral when footstand down

Well i think.

on my 3 kwakerzakis, the footstand switch only kills engine when in gear, so engine can run in Neutral when footstand down

Yes, this is the normal way.

Well i think.

Um, but every bike I've ever owned could still run with the kickstand down as long at the bike is in neutral... You understand that the point of a kickstand kill switch is to prevent you from riding off with the kickstand down, right?

Well i think.

Um, but every bike I've ever owned could still run with the kickstand down as long at the bike is in neutral... You understand that the point of a kickstand kill switch is to prevent you from riding off with the kickstand down, right?

Right. Just commenting on a kick stand engine killers you can find on scooters, preventing the ignition and its should be non practical effects on the bike.

That seems like a bizarre oversight - are you sure they didn't just forget to wire it up?

I'd have taken off with the stand down many times on ... all my big bikes, D-Tracker, ER-6n and Versys. I am very happy they have this feature. My 5 year old Honda Wave also doesn't have the kill switch, and I have also ridden that numerous times with the kickstand down. Luckily nothing ever happened with that, other that I learned how to put the kickstand back in while riding..

Hili`s post:

somewhere in the thread before someone mentioned that the cbr25o will be the replacement for the 2 stroke racing series bikes. not sure but this could be it?

post-77479-0-98128600-1292561248_thumb.j

post-77479-0-61174200-1292561261_thumb.j

post-77479-0-67507500-1292561270_thumb.j

There was a race on the weekend in Thailand featuring the CBR250 (same as the photos as Hili put up in post #889?). Anyone see it? I know mbox watched it on tellie.

I was busy getting my knee down at BIRA so missed the CBR250 Race at Thailand Circuit, but here are some pics-

... :annoyed: ThaiVisa is giving me the old "You are not allowed to use that image extension" error... Oh well, there are some cool pics of the race on some of the Thai forums such as thairidersclub dot com

Not sure but other than the track fairings the bikes look stock. Would love to know what kind of lap times they were getting.

Ride On!

Tony

These bikes all belong to AP Honda and it is 25 race bikes. The bikes are used in the FIM Asia Cup of Road Race and all racers are Honda factory team racers. About 15 racers are from Thailand and the rest 10 are factory racers from the other SEA countries.

The bikes are per day standard except from a rearset from Nui, an aftermarket exhaust slip on (from a maker who I can not give the name of but is the same tuner I am using as mentioned earlier on my bike. They are a part of the AP Honda racing team) and a fiberglass upper fairing cover. The headlight is removed.

The fastest bikes ran approx 1:34 at Nakhon Chaisi. Only one race has been done. Next year there will be a cup where modified Ninja 250`s and CBR 250`s will compete together.

One bike is back in my friends factory to make a new rear end mono seat for all the factory bikes of AP Honda.

This CB 250 really sucks we all agree on

CIMG5842.jpg

CIMG5843.jpg

CIMG5844.jpg

CIMG5845.jpg

CIMG5854.jpg

CIMG5855.jpg

Archived