Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the new bike appropriate! You must have been a good boy last year.

Thanks. I always am. :)

How about a report on the vibration.... Is it noticeable, and can you comment on it versus the CBR150? It sure is a meaty looking bike!

I guess I can comment. Put 530km under it's belt today.

I haven't felt or noticed one vibration. Not a single one. Not at 10kph, and not in the 140s. Nothing whatsoever.

Some quick notes from today. It's so sturdy out in the outside lane of the highway. That's where I was for about 250km today.

The 150 speedo was 10% optimistic, I seriously doubt this is in anyway. 110 on the 250 and 110 on the old 150 are worlds apart. And there's just endless power up into the 130s. And these feel like real 130s and not like 130 on the 150.

Over 130 and there's just too much wind smashing into your face. I took the wrong helmet - faceless and slightly loose, as my tight ful-facer can't be put on with the face mask I use for the BKK smog. A big mistake once on the highway at 140kmph, not having a tight fullfacer.

Took it up 140kph a few times but mostly cruised the outside lane at around 125kph. It's extremely comfortable at this and still got good instant power to shoot you up to 140. Best to forget what 140 feels like on the old 150 because it feels twice as fast and thrice as comfortable on the 250. Simply no comparison. I smashed everything on the highway back into BKK. I won't even say that they were eating my dust when left at the lights because it would have settled by the time they got to it. This was one extremely good aspect, the power, acceleration and stabilty in how it gets from zero to 140, it just roars it and keeps on going and going and going.

If you were pinning it in perfect conditions I would guess you'd get it into the 150s, but I just couldn't with the loose faceless helmet I had on. In that aspect it is slower than I imagined it would be, with people saying pinning the ninja gets around 170kph. But the indicated speed feels far more accurate than the old 150. I think I read the ninja is optimistic too. I would be surprised if this is saying your going faster than you are coz at 130 (with a good bit of power left) most of the cars are being left behind and your just whumping past them in the outside lane. Even at 120 most were being left behind. And at that you just pull back and you're up to 140. It feels very different to the indicated speeds of the old 150.

The first 70km today was city driving with the missus on the back, this included in the first 435km I did cost 450b in gas. the rest was up to Kanchanaburi on the highway then around some of the mountains. This is very cheap, almost as cheap as the old 150, mainly due to the price of benzine91 (old 150) and Gasohol91, and the FI I guess.

Am very, very happy with it, the feeling of power (engine and size) as it dominates the outside lanes of the highway is fantastic. The stability at 140kph is amazing too, there is simply nothing that indicates any instability at that speed, the bike just gobbles it up effortlessly, and can do it all day no worries.

cheers chaps.

Nice report! Thanks. You might be the first one with 150 and 250 experience now!

Great post by Massimo!

500k "seat of the pants" debrief...

Friday / Saturday 500k Bkk / Khao Yai / Nakhon Nayok.

Spanked it all the way their and back (except in the park cos you don't want to clip a monkey or take on an efalump!

In town

Agreed, it is light, manoeuvrable, and easy going!

I commute via Ratchadapisek / Pahonyoltin pretty good testing areas.

Open road

Out through Lam Lu Ka and away to Khao Yai. I'm 182 / 75kg and it was nice and quick up to 130 then labours... unless you tuck in ;-) I can see people getting clip-on bars for this but not me...

but hey, it's a little bike and if I wanted to go back to willy shrinking acceleration I'd get another 400/4 or better. Get enough willy shrinking stuff in traffic!!

Buffeting and turbulence.

Flip-up helmets are notoriously noisy but that little screen is spot on for me. Standard "rumble" but no more "booming"! Head up a tad and whisper quiet!

Felt sure footed even when caught in the turbulence behind high top pickups.

Handling

On the twisties it does wallow a bit in the corners but still sure grip and very flickable!

On the hills, great staying power for a little bike!

Rough surfaces no problem thanks to the slightly soft suspension but very little rebound from those cleverly designed tarmac depressions which serve to keep us awake...

Same goes for hitting speed bumps at pace... take it on your knees and not too bad.

Brakes.

Agreed. Wipe them down with meths or spray with disc brake cleaner on day one, bed them in and they will bite better. Back is soft but that's what back brakes are...

Comfort

200k day 1 and 300k day 2. No sore arse / arms / hands.

Slight buzz through the bars but nothing to worry about at all.

Fuel consumption

Maths and memory could be an issue here but a tad over 30kpl which is double my last bike!

Helmet lock.

What happened here Mr. Honda?

OK, OK. Not great to leave a helmet on the bike cos someone will "chainsaw" it off given half a chance but sometimes you need a bit more than that that fiddly hook and cable set up.

Might have to rig something simpler than a midget cable to go around the chin guard...

Misgivings?

I miss hitting 200+ on the open road

Helmet lock...

Value?

Yep. All in all a great value machine for town and runs. A good all rounder.

Street cred?

Yep!

Bonus experience 1

Entry fee to the park with a f/face helmet, bandana, shades, gloves... instant Thai price without the normal "I work here" hassle, haggle and hassle

Bonus experience 2

Stopped to get directions from 2 kindly BiBs... eyed up the back and didn't even question the lack of plate... more concerned arguing with each other which was the best route through the city... sounded like a couple of cabbies on quiz night :cheesy:

Bonus experience 3

See "Street cred"... to be continued

Bonus experience 3

Thanks for sharing Tiffer

as for street cred

I have been riding some very big expensive bikes here in LOS. Taking delivery of my inexpensive Ninja 650R in Plasma blue august 2009, these where the first Ninjas in LOS, unbelievable street cred :D . I am fat, +100kg, but riding this bike and wearing a full face, I really had the girls attention. Fueling, the girls working in the pump talking to each other smiling to me how they would love to go for a Ninja ride.:D

:D

I can def see the same thing happening for CBR250 riders. a cool sporty looking bike, almost finacially achievable for them :P

Keep getting all these super positive reports, and in 6 months or so, I may have to either trade my new 150 for a 250 or, as my wife suggested, keep the 150 as a "spare" and go buy the 250 as well. That might be fun.

:whistling:

P.S. Yeah, I have a very understanding wife. Not to mention beautiful, sexy and very intelligent. How the hell did I get so lucky????

:clap2:

Keep getting all these super positive reports, and in 6 months or so, I may have to either trade my new 150 for a 250 or, as my wife suggested, keep the 150 as a "spare" and go buy the 250 as well. That might be fun.

:whistling:

P.S. Yeah, I have a very understanding wife. Not to mention beautiful, sexy and very intelligent. How the hell did I get so lucky????

:clap2:

Yep. Had a beautiful, sexy, intelligent and sucessful wife for years... unitl she realised the error of her ways... now I have a new ride... bike that is :cheesy:

Bonus experience 3

Thanks for sharing Tiffer

as for street cred

I have been riding some very big expensive bikes here in LOS. Taking delivery of my inexpensive Ninja 650R in Plasma blue august 2009, these where the first Ninjas in LOS, unbelievable street cred :D . I am fat, +100kg, but riding this bike and wearing a full face, I really had the girls attention. Fueling, the girls working in the pump talking to each other smiling to me how they would love to go for a Ninja ride.:D

:D

I can def see the same thing happening for CBR250 riders. a cool sporty looking bike, almost finacially achievable for them :P

The CBR250R is cool but the Vespa (original) I had 7 or 8 years ago had the "fun" factor.

Bonus here is that you only need short legs on the back of the CBR whereas the Vespa needed longer legs...

Is this a new selling point... freesize pillions?

I'm 75 kg.

That's a total of 127, for those without enough fingers and toes.

Thanks for that I am 100Kg plus so should be okay.

Great trip report, I pick mine up on the 3rd of Jan; wife has decided that is a good date and who I am to argue.:jap:

Ok this is gona be kind of tough, I love the look of the Ninjette BUT at 40k cheaper the CBR leaves plenty to play with! what to do???? As a small rant to everyone selling a 2nd hand Ninjette, just because you changed the oil or the tyres in the last 6 months doesnt mean you can add a premium - thats why you havent sold it!!! 2008 models for 10k less than brand new?????

Could always source the repsol version with that extra cash...

111045.jpg

110147.jpg

img0284jr.jpg

... or probably not as the case should be.

This is a Malaysian promo night btw.

Can anybody squint better than me to read that...

Release in Mid February. With the bottom line being 'The Repsol color... for display purposes only'.

Looks like I'll have to paint my pipe orange myself.

img0284jr.jpg

Release in Mid February. With the bottom line being 'The Repsol color... for display purposes only'.

The Honda CBR250R is soon to be released with official launch in mid February 2011.

Release date, price, participating dealers and other related information pertaining to the Honda CBR250R will be informed in the near future

The Repsol color of the shown bike is just for display purposes only.

Could always source the repsol version with that extra cash...

111045.jpg

110147.jpg

img0284jr.jpg

... or probably not as the case should be.

This is a Malaysian promo night btw.

Looks like I'll have to paint my pipe orange myself.

puke bike colors, but its got ABS, sensor looks similar ABS as Ninja 650R, a combo of Nissin and Denso parts

DBS website..good quality exhausts. good price.http://www.grim-dbs.com

Had a DBS on my old CBR150. Great looking muffler. Even with the 'noise killer' on it was too noisy. I lasted 1/2 hour before a cop in Pattaya walked up behind me when i was stopped at a set of lights, took the key outta the ignition and issued a 1000 baht fine. I know this is not an problem in other parts of the Kingdom, but it is why i am reluctant to change the muffler if i got a CBR250 and more likely to mod the existing one.

Anyone got a GPS verified top speed on the CBR250 or at least verified what the speedo error is?

DBS website..good quality exhausts. good price.http://www.grim-dbs.com

Had a DBS on my old CBR150. Great looking muffler. Even with the 'noise killer' on it was too noisy. I lasted 1/2 hour before a cop in Pattaya walked up behind me when i was stopped at a set of lights, took the key outta the ignition and issued a 1000 baht fine. I know this is not an problem in other parts of the Kingdom, but it is why i am reluctant to change the muffler if i got a CBR250 and more likely to mod the existing one.

Anyone got a GPS verified top speed on the CBR250 or at least verified what the speedo error is?

Taichi... it dont matter anyway. The lazy bastard hasn't even got a pipe ready yet. rang them 2 days ago and got told end January or even February. Also when i asked if it would be a dyno tuned pipe got told NO...go figure. K-speed have a pipe ready already, i think it looks nice enough. :D

Archived