Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These bikes all belong to AP Honda and it is 25 race bikes. The bikes are used in the FIM Asia Cup of Road Race and all racers are Honda factory team racers. About 15 racers are from Thailand and the rest 10 are factory racers from the other SEA countries.

The bikes are per day standard except from a rearset from Nui, an aftermarket exhaust slip on (from a maker who I can not give the name of but is the same tuner I am using as mentioned earlier on my bike. They are a part of the AP Honda racing team) and a fiberglass upper fairing cover. The headlight is removed.

The fastest bikes ran approx 1:34 at Nakhon Chaisi. Only one race has been done. Next year there will be a cup where modified Ninja 250`s and CBR 250`s will compete together.

One bike is back in my friends factory to make a new rear end mono seat for all the factory bikes of AP Honda.

This CB 250 really sucks we all agree on

I only think it "sucks" that they call it a "CBR" and put an "R" after the 250. I think it's mislabeled. But that doesn't mean the bike "sucks"...

Clearly if 1:34 was the best they could do at Thailand Circuit this new "CBR" isn't going to be competitive in the 250cc class, but again, that doesn't mean it "sucks".

It's CHEAP, it LOOKS good, and no doubt it will be of typical Honda QUALITY.

For people looking for a cheap reliable general purpose motorcycle the new Honda CBR 250R should fit the bill nicely.

There still aren't many choices in the 250cc class here in Thailand but the new Honda CBR 250R is a welcome addition.

If you don't like it, don't buy it!

But no need to say it "sucks" just because you don't like it.

Roll on!

Tony (#11)

dsc0878ndSSR.jpg

Looks like most dealers are playing fair now and quoting right around the 100k figure. :)

As far as the lap times, I don't know what a similarly modified Ninja 250 would do, so can't comment.

But....one of those reviews said the bike was "choked" to appease air-quality regulations in EU and USA(primarily). Honda might not be unhappy with this as they are all "Eco" these days. It's one of their marketing angles here in Thailand. That's why the switchover to PGMFi.

Likewise, they may not be unhappy that a relatively inexpensive ECU unlocks some of the power undoubtably left in the engine. This was a clean-sheet design for their Global 250 so there is a good chance they anticipated some modding ala the new MotoGP3 spec. I think there will be a lot of go-faster add-ons over the next year or two.

As for exhausts, everything I've seen here look pretty industrial and don't do much for the look of the bike..:(

How can a bike suck when it is running against other bikes that are exactly the same. Yeah, we know it is not a race bike, most of us don't want one of those anyway. Still, thanks for the interesting pics Thunder and the info. It would seem the CBR250 will struggle against the Ninja 250 in open racing, but maybe if you throw enough money at it it may do alright!

About exhausts or new "cans".....

Do any of the major names offer "burn protector" designs? Only asking since I was happy to see the OEM exhaust has this feature. It might not be the sexiest design but I can live with it, to avoid bar-b-que'd calf. :o

Do any of the major names offer "burn protector" designs? Only asking since I was happy to see the OEM exhaust has this feature. It might not be the sexiest design but I can live with it, to avoid bar-b-que'd calf. :o

Riding around in shorts are we? :unsure: Perhaps you might want to consider a Carbon Fiber pipe as CF does not hold and transmit heat the way steel and aluminum pipes do. Ride On! T

I only think it "sucks" that they call it a "CBR" and put an "R" after the 250. I think it's mislabeled. But that doesn't mean the bike "sucks"...

Clearly if 1:34 was the best they could do at Thailand Circuit this new "CBR" isn't going to be competitive in the 250cc class, but again, that doesn't mean it "sucks".

For people looking for a cheap reliable general purpose motorcycle the new Honda CBR 250R should fit the bill nicely.

There still aren't many choices in the 250cc class here in Thailand but the new Honda CBR 250R is a welcome addition.

Roll on!

Tony (#11)

dsc0878ndSSR.jpg

And what is an essentially stock Ninja running around that track?

Roll on!

Tony (#11)

dsc0878ndSSR.jpg

And what is an essentially stock Ninja running around that track?

Huh? :ermm::huh::rolleyes:

Dissapointed with mine, impossible to ride at anything lower than 3,000 revs..fuel economy nothing like the reports....good ride and seating etc but expected a smoother ride than a superdream 250 that was made in the 80s, and didnt get it.

Dissapointed with mine, impossible to ride at anything lower than 3,000 revs..fuel economy nothing like the reports....good ride and seating etc but expected a smoother ride than a superdream 250 that was made in the 80s, and didnt get it.

Guess you haven't ridden a Ninja 250 either because that 3000 RPM is below its lower limit...and glad you compared it to a bike that's geared to go like 80 km/h downhill with a 50 kph wind behind it.

Sorry to hear that, I'll take it off your hands for 80k.

Guess this is your first visit to thumperland.

Riding around in shorts are we? :unsure: Perhaps you might want to consider a Carbon Fiber pipe as CF does not hold and transmit heat the way steel and aluminum pipes do. Ride On! T

Have you heard the old joke about the difference between Harley-Davidson riders and sportsbike riders?

Harley riders wear $800 worth of leathers and a $10 helmet, while sportsbike riders wear $800 helmets and ride around in shorts and a T-shirt!! :D

Have you heard the old joke about the difference between Harley-Davidson riders and sportsbike riders?

Harley riders wear $800 worth of leathers and a $10 helmet, while sportsbike riders wear $800 helmets and ride around in shorts and a T-shirt!! :D

That doesn't apply in Thailand. From my observations....

The Harley riders wear black T shirt and shorts and maybe? a $10 helmet.

Real Sport riders in Thailand ( Not the "W--ker tourists that rent the big bikes in Pattaya" ) mostly wear $800 helmets and full protective gear.

Who on Earth wants to drive around under 3000rpm?

As for millage, I've put a 1000km+ on mine at just under 1b for 1 km, using Gasohol91 at 31b per liter.

Great value!

Who on Earth wants to drive around under 3000rpm?

As for millage, I've put a 1000km+ on mine at just under 1b for 1 km, using Gasohol91 at 31b per liter.

Great value!

phantom 200 riders with max 6000rpm engines

doesnt happen much at 3000rpm on my Ninja 650R either, or any other small 4-5 valve 11.000rpm engine

part 2 of the motorcycle daily review. Confirms what appropriate posted earlier, in that the speedo error is small. Also seems Honda is throwing some money in for club-racing contingency programs.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2010/12/2011-honda-cbr250r-md-first-ride-part-2

Edited by taichiplanet

No mate, you've got it all wrong! A real sportbike squid won't bother with a helmet!

squid101.jpg

And HD riders don't wear gear because they spend all their money to keep their bikes running and besides, they think road rash looks good!

MCChromeCrash.JPG

Ride On! :lol:

Tony

Here's a funny thing I've noticed about the CBR250: there's no kickstand/ignition interlock. Every modern bike and scooter I've owned has a switch that prevents the motor from running while the kickstand is down. The 250 lacks this, for some reason. I've been caught up by it once, luckily at walking speed in the driveway. Just gotta be more careful about it I suppose...

but this bike is not a scooter. i can see this being an oversight if the larger displacements also have this 'feature'.

Got it up to 180kph by changing the sproket, air filter and muffler!

That's what the boys at Red Barron told my buddy when he was there today with his VFR.

So there's potential for that change you have in your pocket for not having bought something else ;-)

Or you can wring it's neck all day as is and it should keep on going :lol:

@ESB7

Maybe your tuning is out?

The ride is smooth...

We're all getting 30+k/pl

and riding below 3,000 is perfectly feasable ie 2nd gear in solid traffic is ideal.

Might be something amiss with your set up?

@ESB7

The ride is smooth...

and riding below 3,000 is perfectly feasable ie 2nd gear in solid traffic is ideal.

Orrrrr.. could be there's nothing wrong with the bike, which only leaves one other option.

:whistling:

@ESB7

The ride is smooth...

Orrrrr.. could be there's nothing wrong with the bike, which only leaves one other option.

:whistling:

Aka... might be something wrong with your "set up" :crazy:

Got it up to 180kph by changing the sproket, air filter and muffler!

That's what the boys at Red Barron told my buddy when he was there today with his VFR.

So there's potential for that change you have in your pocket for not having bought something else ;-)

Or you can wring it's neck all day as is and it should keep on going :lol:

@Tiffer plaes tell us deatails of the sprocket, air filter and muffler u got? Thanks