Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

The tank bags are ok, but I bought a large, weatherproof, heavy duty back pack that holds a lot more than a tank bag, for about 400 baht. I use a couple of bungees to hold it on the seat behind me, and it works perfect. For the helmet I've got an 18" steel link chain inside of a plastic hose, and a good lock, that I use to lock the helmet to the bike. It sits on the tank and the chain goes through the face opening and around the clutch cable. So even if it's raining, helmet stays dry inside. Sure, someone with a good pair of bolt cutters could get it, but I only use it when I go places during the day. At night the helmet comes inside with me if I'm not at home( i.e. hotel).

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tank bags are ok, but I bought a large, weatherproof, heavy duty back pack that holds a lot more than a tank bag, for about 400 baht. I use a couple of bungees to hold it on the seat behind me, and it works perfect.

I've the same. Well, a big bag and elastic netting for the rear seat. For convenience and everyday use though nothing matches just lying the bag on the tank and simply lifting it off, for lots of daily commuting.

I use the tank bag to store my tablet...with effort it even fits in the clear pocket for maps so I can use it for GPS. Most of the time I just keep it inside and stop to use it to check for directions. I also put in an extra t-shirt inside.

So, straps, magnets or both? Honestly, I've been using magnets only and they seem to hold well enough.:D

- Tank Bag 38lt -

I have great tank bag from the UK.

Takes a laptop.

Sits snugly on the tank.

Use magnets only even when fully loaded.

Never bother with the straps

Pop on / pop off

Similar size and shape available at Panda Rider. Buffalo? 40ltr

- Top Box 45lt -

Aha! Now this is good!!

Tank bag is now fo extras on trips

- Cable lock -

Yep. Carry a 1 metre cable.

Loops either end. Fixes to helment lock or can use a padlock!

You can lock your jacket and helmet to the bike with this!

Great if your on a run and want to go for a walk etc etc.

- Magnets -

A lot is written about tank bags and magnets.

Bottom line?

The small button magnets are very strong and can damage discs etc.

The honda bag has the large low strength magnets as does mine. Low risk :-)

Top box + tank bag = 80+ litres and that is ALOT for two people on a run and more than enough for work or the 7-11

"Garmin Nuvi 1250 GPS suckered onto the windscreen."

Hehehoho, not worried about it falling off? I was thinking of suckering mine to the bike windscreen but then Ive had it drop off the car windscreen before. At least in the car it usually lands on the seat!

"Garmin Nuvi 1250 GPS suckered onto the windscreen."

Hehehoho, not worried about it falling off? I was thinking of suckering mine to the bike windscreen but then Ive had it drop off the car windscreen before. At least in the car it usually lands on the seat!

Hmmm

I wouldn't trust that sucker!

Get a proper mount - see post #4583827 or a mini bungi for when it jumps :-)

whats a good price thesedays for the CBR 250R with and without ABS ?

i just spoke to a dealer in central bangkok a few minutes ago and he says 130,000 is the going rate

and he cannot offer any further discount for cash :rolleyes:

i know theyre a bit cheaper in the provinces outside the capital but is there a shortage of them or is it just the "hes a farang ,charge him as much as possible mentality ' ? :whistling:

i just spoke to a dealer in central bangkok a few minutes ago and he says 130,000 is the going rate

i know theyre a bit cheaper in the provinces outside the capital but is there a shortage of them or is it just the "hes a farang ,charge him as much as possible mentality ' ? :whistling:

I always prefer to think that it's "I'm a business man in a free market and I'll open with my best pitch"

To think it's "he's a farang ,charge him as much as possible" only leaves you 'negatively charged" ;-)

Still... it can stick in the craw!

I always prefer to think that it's "I'm a business man in a free market and I'll open with my best pitch"

To think it's "he's a farang ,charge him as much as possible" only leaves you 'negatively charged" ;-)

Still... it can stick in the craw!

it might have been his best pitch ,it cost him a lost sale though :rolleyes:

within 2 hours we have found a dealer that wanted to sell me one

at 115,000 thb cash delivered to my door

"business man" in free market can stick that in his craw ,works both ways ;)

main dealer here in C.M. has prices right on the bikes. 115 Non-ABS, 130 ABS, along with finance info.

Farang or Thai, both pay the same price.

10K increase... When I got my bike last January, they were offering it at 105K, if I remember correctly. Gave my wife a glance and she immediately shook here head :D.

You're right though, foreigners and locals pay the same price there.

I saw one in metallic grey too.

main dealer here in C.M. has prices right on the bikes. 115 Non-ABS, 130 ABS, along with finance info.

10K increase... When I got my bike last January, they were offering it at 105K, if I remember correctly. Gave my wife a glance and she immediately shook here head :D.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago they had 3 on the floor. Black/silver - Red - Metallic gray, which I really like! First thing I'd do to that one is strip off the factory stickers and go get some custom made though. lol

yes i have also read that honda recommended sale price is 100,000 or 115,000 for the abs model and paying anything over that is dealers being greedy because its a popular model so with that comes limited availability and hence price gouging :)

i have even heard of thai being told they are not available in a certain shop but for extra 15,000-20,000 thb they can "source" one from somewhere ......probably the back room :whistling:

Best thing to do is just shop around. See what the price includes, see if they will bargain. Some will, some won't. Or just wait. I have a feeling that supply will catch up to demand in a few more months and you'll see the prices coming down to be more in line with the Honda recommended price.

Garmin Nuvi 1250 GPS suckered onto the windscreen.

sany0004r.jpg

I've since had it wired up to the battery. Sumet Honda did a great job of it in fairness.

Maybe it would be best to use a glue/adhesive to permanantly stick the suction cup to the screen. Any ideas for what would do the job?

Garmin Nuvi 1250 GPS suckered onto the windscreen.

I've since had it wired up to the battery. Sumet Honda did a great job of it in fairness.

Maybe it would be best to use a glue/adhesive to permanantly stick the suction cup to the screen. Any ideas for what would do the job?

Why ruin the screen...

A ram mount is cheap enough :-)

I'm thinking of sticking the suction cup on and putting tax sticker on the other side. Or I might go the RAM mount route..

Go the RAM route, I tried a suction cup that I used to use in the car with a GPS enabled Nokia - total waste of time as soon as you hit or bumpy road or get up to a decent speed.

hi everyone, i wonder, other than

- faddybike.com

- tyga.com

where other sites that provide sales & shipping, coz basically im not living in thailand, n i do own a cbr,thx

send this guy an email : info at jetsetracing dot com, this is one of the major suppliers for aftermarket parts for the cbr 125/150 and soon to be cbr 250. From what i understand he also supplies somethings to faddybike and is involved in the thai race circuit having access to a lot of things not normally available for race purposes to the public.

thx dude...problems for us to get performance parts in our country..

cheers, hope to have more parts coming in...

Just ordered the RAM mount from GPSCity.

https://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-motorcycle-fork-stem-assembly-with-diamond-plate.html

https://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-garmin-nuvi-1200-series-cradle-ram-hol-ga33u.html

ItemPriceQtyAmountRAM Mount Motorcycle Fork Stem Assembly with Diamond Plate

Model: RAM-B-176U SKU:RAMB176$30.951$30.95RAM Mount Garmin nuvi 1200 Series Cradle RAM-HOL-GA33U

Model: RAM-HOL-GA33U SKU:RAMHOLGA33$7.861$7.86Order Subtotal $38.81Shipping $9.29Order Total $48.10

PS. I have an extra Tsukugi full system available if anyone wants it. 5k including shipping.

Bought the large Honda tank bag today, 900b and must say it's a great buy, and great quality.

Where did you get that hhhh?

Any pics?

post-81971-0-50148100-1313134274_thumb.j

from SumetCycle

great bag, comes with rain coat, dubbles up as back pack, small and large pockets, padded to protect tank, stays on with magnets only at least up to 160kmh (faired bike)

The tank bags are ok, but I bought a large, weatherproof, heavy duty back pack that holds a lot more than a tank bag, for about 400 baht. I use a couple of bungees to hold it on the seat behind me, and it works perfect.

You leave that on there semi-permanently? Not worried about theft?

Just stealing the bungee cord is enough for many Thais, evidently, not to mention a backpack. I've had a couple stolen off my bike.

Most cheap backpacks aren't weatherproof by any means, so that's interesting.

Just stealing the bungee cord is enough for many Thais, evidently, not to mention a backpack. I've had a couple stolen off my bike.

FWIW I've been using the same magnetic tank bag for some 3 years now and it's never been stolen...

FWIW I've been using the same magnetic tank bag for some 3 years now and it's never been stolen...

Thats because you leave the same damp smelly socks in there ........................... :bah:

Thats because you leave the same damp smelly socks in there ........................... :bah:

Guess I deserve that after forgetting to pack on our Phetchabun trip and ending up smelling like a wet dog...I did me best to dry them out over that air conditioning unit...perhaps that's where I went wrong?:unsure: