Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

From the rider:

Ninja's horse power is greater than CBR250R by 1.5. So on the paper, you can say Ninja is faster than CBR250R if you are referring to the speed on the straight line. But CBR250R handles better and faster at the cornering as you can see on my footage. So, if you are looking for more power and speed at the straight, Ninja is the one for you. If you are looking for better handling at the cornering and have a fun with it, CBR250R is definitely for you!

I fail to see how a video is an indication of superior power or cornering ability.

No one said it is. :whistling:

That's just what 250cc racers report.

Looks like the quote that you posted says so.

So is it a race or practice laps? Why would you say its a race when its clearly not ? You wouldn't happen to be LYING would you ?

Edited by KRS1

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how a video is an indication of superior power or cornering ability.

No one said it is. :whistling:

That's just what 250cc racers report.

Looks like the quote that you posted says so.

Ah so it does, my apologies, the rider, along with others who race all agree, the great CBR250R corners better than others in its class.

So is it a race or practice laps? Why would you say its a race when its clearly not ? You wouldn't happen to be LYING would you ?

Why not send him off an email and see what he has to say for himself??

Let us know what he says.

If you're not too busy on a 110cc down in Seacon.

Im not asking him, im asking you, he never says its a race, you did.

I think you may be delirious or something because you are neither a racer nor Japanese, nor in America but have an uncanny ability to know what other people are thinking thousands of miles away.

Post some links where a MAJORITY of racers say it handles better in the corners. Since you are a race reporter give up your sources. Because everyone i talk to tells me the front forks are shit for track use.

Mark Cernicky says "Not only does it keep up with the (more powerful, better geared US) Ninja, it actually ekes away from it corner by corner.

Ari Henning says "It (Honda) was also the most comfortable and had the most balanced suspension". This was the same review where the racer chose the CBR as the winner and the two chicks chose the Ninja based upon the following "seems to have the best of all elements: riding position, size, weight and looks" and "was the most user-friendly of these bikes. It’s very predictable; this is the bike for a rider wanting a machine that won’t bite back".

You're welcome hehehoho...although that doesn't make you a racer (wonder how many who want to rag on the CBR 250R can hold a candle to either of the two previous men?), nor Japanese (although if you want a little Japanese in you go to boy's town :whistling: ), nor in America. Rather than speculating, just provide the facts...

Im not asking him, im asking you, he never says its a race, you did.

I think you may be delirious or something because you are neither a racer nor Japanese, nor in America but have an uncanny ability to know what other people are thinking thousands of miles away.

Post some links where a MAJORITY of racers say it handles better in the corners. Since you are a race reporter give up your sources. Because everyone i talk to tells me the front forks are shit for track use.

Just ignore him, he's a spammer - probably has all day to troll the forums to further his agenda. Last week faster the the Ninja 250R, this week faster than the 650R, Next week he'll probably quote his own post on some obscure US forum claiming he just bought the ZX10R but he wishes he'd spent the extra 580000 baht on mods for the CBR laugh.gif.

BTW the after market exhaust he just bought for his CBR rocket ship is for sale at half the RRP if anyone is interested rolleyes.gif. It's fantastic by all accounts - so good he fears for his safety as he's too old to handle the power so he's got to sell it whistling.gif

he never says its a race

Actually he has it right there in the title.

Never heard of the internet and mass communication? :rolleyes:

You're welcome hehehoho...although that doesn't make you a racer (wonder how many who want to rag on the CBR 250R can hold a candle to either of the two previous men?), nor Japanese (although if you want a little Japanese in you go to boy's town :whistling: ), nor in America. Rather than speculating, just provide the facts...

Yes, thanks, those reports go along with the reports from people on race tracks the world over.

^ basic maths and reading aren't your strong points, Jonny, eh. :whistling:

Edited by hehehoho

Never heard of the internet and mass communication? :rolleyes:

Yes, thanks, those reports go along with the reports from people on race tracks the world over.

^ basic maths and reading aren't your strong points, Jonny, eh. :whistling:

Another 5 cents added to the bank balance. Keep it up dude you'll be able to afford a real bike in 10-20 years or so.

Another 5 cents added to the bank balance. Keep it up dude you'll be able to afford a real bike in 10-20 years or so.

*cringe*

I really don't know who's funnier when they're wound up, you or the 'I'll race you for titles on my 110cc' KRS1. :lol:

Edited by hehehoho

Just ignore him, he's a spammer - probably has all day to troll the forums to further his agenda. Last week faster the the Ninja 250R, this week faster than the 650R,

btw not only this week, I think it was last month when it was embarrassing the Kawa650's in race mode, at least according to the Thai moto gp results released.

CBR250Rs in race mode: 1:28

Kawa 650s in track mode: 1:33-34s.

iirc.

Just to set the record straight. :rolleyes:

Why dont you stop lying and tell the truth . Those CBR 250's werent stock, they were modified and in a straight line wouldnt never be able to keep up with an er6n in its wildest dreams.

Keep those lies coming.

Mark Cernicky says "Not only does it keep up with the (more powerful, better geared US) Ninja, it actually ekes away from it corner by corner.

Ari Henning says "It (Honda) was also the most comfortable and had the most balanced suspension". This was the same review where the racer chose the CBR as the winner and the two chicks chose the Ninja based upon the following "seems to have the best of all elements: riding position, size, weight and looks" and "was the most user-friendly of these bikes. It's very predictable; this is the bike for a rider wanting a machine that won't bite back".

wow 2 opinions in a world of thousands of racers . :rolleyes:

Thats almost as bad as heholes lying.

*cringe*

I really don't know who's funnier when they're wound up, you or the 'I'll race you for titles on my 110cc' KRS1. :lol:

Wound up? Sorry I must have forgot the smiley. Your CBR spamming is actually providing me with some good laughs, please continue :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS you sold the exhaust yet? All that money you saved vs. buying the Ninja, and then you go and spend it on cheap aftermarket parts which you end up reselling after a few weeks (claiming they work too well and you're scared of the increased performance!) - not really working out as planned huh :lol:

He's just lying trying to make his bike as fast as the Ninja, but it's not going as planned.

oh smiley - :D

i dont even own a ksr 110 ! keep those lies and attempts at discredibility coming.

Edited by KRS1

btw not only this week, I think it was last month when it was embarrassing the Kawa650's in race mode, at least according to the Thai moto gp results released.

iirc.

Where are you getting your info from? The fastest lap on the Moto3 bike is 1:28.7 but there's only a couple of the top racers that are running under 1:30. These guys are experienced racers and one of the under 1:30 guys also runs 1:22s (Stamp) on his CBR1000rr.

I've run as low as 1:30.2 in practice on the ER6n and qualified for the last race with a 1:30.80, but don't forget i've only been riding track since march. Put Stamp on a ER6n and he'll been running quicker then the Moto3.

If you want to talk about CBR250 laptimes then look at the results of last weekends superbike classics 250/400 race which had a CBR250 and a Ninja250. The CBR had a best laptime of 1:40.713 and the Ninja finished ahead with a best laptime of 1:39.778.

Edited by newf

I sometimes have to laugh at the things in here. It reminds me of the arguments between the Camaro and Mustang owners years ago as to which one was better. At one time or another I owned both, and they were both great cars. Let's face it, there are going to be diehards on both sides of the Ninja 205 / CBR 250 fence, and that's fine. From the articles I've seen, and the testing that's been done, it would appear the Ninja has the edge at top end, while the CBR may have an edge on cornering and low end power. Both bikes are good, so it's simply a matter of what your particular preference is. Bashing one or the other isn't going to resolve anything.

heres a fairly comprehensive comparison between the two in USA i think :

http://www.cycleworl...comparison_test

since they both cost $4000 there ,i would probably choose the ninja

but in thailand when one is 100k and the other is 150k id take the cheaper because the spec difernces seem negligible unless your planning on racing it:

SPECIFICATIONS Honda CBR250R Kawasaki Ninja 250R Dry weight 337 lb. 356 lb. Wheelbase 53.9 in. 55.1 in. Seat height 30.5 in. 30.5 in. Fuel mileage 57 mpg 53 mpg 0-60 mph 8.5 sec. 7.7 sec. 1/4-mile 16.15 sec. @ 77.54 mph 15.62 sec. @ 81.84 mph Horsepower 23.7 hp @ 9900 rpm 25.5 hp @ 10,100 rpm Torque 12.7 ft.-lb. @ 7400 rpm 13.5 ft.-lb. @ 9500 rpm Top speed 87 mph 93 mph

Edited by wana

but in thailand when one is 100k and the other is 150k id take the cheaper because the spec difernces seem negligible unless your planning on racing it:

SPECIFICATIONS Honda CBR250R Kawasaki Ninja 250R Dry weight 337 lb. 356 lb. Wheelbase 53.9 in. 55.1 in. Seat height 30.5 in. 30.5 in. Fuel mileage 57 mpg 53 mpg 0-60 mph 8.5 sec. 7.7 sec. 1/4-mile 16.15 sec. @ 77.54 mph 15.62 sec. @ 81.84 mph Horsepower 23.7 hp @ 9900 rpm 25.5 hp @ 10,100 rpm Torque 12.7 ft.-lb. @ 7400 rpm 13.5 ft.-lb. @ 9500 rpm Top speed 87 mph 93 mph

I'd pay the extra 50k to get the better bike, but that's just me :)

Besides the better performance of the Ninjette I'm also concerned about the durability of the new Honda. The Ninjette is bullet proof and loves to be ridden hard while the new CB'r' seems to be rather fragile...

Ride On!

T

Edited by BigBikeBKK

I'd pay the extra 50k to get the better bike, but that's just me :)

Besides the better performance of the Ninjette I'm also concerned about the durability of the new Honda. The Ninjette is bullet proof and loves to be ridden hard while the new CB'r' is said to be rather fragile...

Ride On!

T

only time will tell if the new cbr r is durable but people regard anything made by honda as bulletproof ,will be interesting to see if the new cbr as hard wearing as hondas older models

+ the kawasaki is larger dimensions,heavier ,drinks more gas and is more costly to service but its faster :)

cbr might be a better commuter to go to work on but for pure entertainment then the ninja would come out on top

Why dont you stop lying and tell the truth . Those CBR 250's werent stock, they were modified and in a straight line wouldnt never be able to keep up with an er6n in its wildest dreams.

Keep those lies coming.

Still having trouble with written words eh.

(from the 2 times I mentioned them on the last page)

no wonder these great machines are waxing the Kawa650s by embarrassing amounts when race modded.

Have you practiced reading the title to that last youtube vid yet? :lol:

iirc.

Where are you getting your info from? The fastest lap on the Moto3 bike is 1:28.7 but there's only a couple of the top racers that are running under 1:30. These guys are experienced racers and one of the under 1:30 guys also runs 1:22s (Stamp) on his CBR1000rr.

I've run as low as 1:30.2 in practice on the ER6n and qualified for the last race with a 1:30.80, but don't forget i've only been riding track since march. Put Stamp on a ER6n and he'll been running quicker then the Moto3.

If you want to talk about CBR250 laptimes then look at the results of last weekends superbike classics 250/400 race which had a CBR250 and a Ninja250. The CBR had a best laptime of 1:40.713 and the Ninja finished ahead with a best laptime of 1:39.778.

Hi newf, always good to get your experienced and respected views on here.

I was only having a bit of a poke at the haters with the kawa650 comments. :D As far as I remember from reading the report a month or so ago I think they mentioned most of the CBR250R grid had clocked in the 1:28s, and during the race most were clocking under 1:30. Compared to the 650s which had a best lap of 1:31 but were then lapping between 1:33-1:34 while racing.

Apologies if that is incorrect, but that's how I remember the report. But really either way the point is still fact despite the other variables which will always be a factor in laptimes, the modded cbrs were lapping faster than the 650s.

Edited by hehehoho

Talk is cheap.

If you ever decide to pit your CB'r' against one of KRS's hotted up scooters I'll put my money on KRS because it's all too obvious you don't have a clue what you are talking about :rolleyes:

iirc.

I was only having a bit of a poke at the haters with the kawa650 comments. :D As far as I remember from reading the report a month or so ago I think they mentioned most of the CBR250R grid had clocked in the 1:28s, and during the race most were clocking under 1:30. Compared to the 650s which had a best lap of 1:31 but were then lapping between 1:33-1:34 while racing.

Apologies if that is incorrect, but that's how I remember the report. But really either way the point is still fact despite the other variables which will always be a factor in laptimes, the modded cbrs were lapping faster than the 650s.

No prob, just wanted to make sure you had the right info. I believe there's only one guy that has dipped below 1:29s and after this weekends race there's a total of 5 guys that have lapped under 1:30s. But if i was looking to compare laptimes to the CBR250 that yourself or anyother guys ride around BKK i would use the CBR250 that was run in the 250/400cc class (1:40.713), i was told that the rider is a honda R&D guy. There's some pics from that race on www.thairidersclub.com along with pics from all of the other races this weekend.

As for the 650cc laptimes, i plan to duck under 1:30 in the near future...lol There's only myself and Luke that have laptimes below 1:31 and the rest are 1:33 and above.

Colin

Talk is cheap.

If you ever decide to pit your CB'r' against one of KRS's hotted up scooters I'll put my money on KRS because it's all too obvious you don't have a clue what you are talking about :rolleyes:

Fortunately people challenging me to 'races for titles' on their little 110/150cc bikes means unsurprisingly little, having already matured past the age of 13. :lol:

So you gonna upgrade to the race-modded CBR250R from your modded ER-6n'RR' to improve your laptimes on the track?

iirc.

No prob, just wanted to make sure you had the right info. I believe there's only one guy that has dipped below 1:29s and after this weekends race there's a total of 5 guys that have lapped under 1:30s. But if i was looking to compare laptimes to the CBR250 that yourself or anyother guys ride around BKK i would use the CBR250 that was run in the 250/400cc class (1:40.713), i was told that the rider is a honda R&D guy. There's some pics from that race on www.thairidersclub.com along with pics from all of the other races this weekend.

As for the 650cc laptimes, i plan to duck under 1:30 in the near future...lol There's only myself and Luke that have laptimes below 1:31 and the rest are 1:33 and above.

Colin

Heh heh- since you and Luke are going PRO can you still race in the amateur SuperNaked series? For sure you guys are way too fast for me! Good you're moving up to Superbike! Might just give slow pokes like me in amateur class a shot at the podium again :lol:

Colin

That's cool, you should try and nick one of the modded 250s for a few laps and see what you can do with it.

Or even one of the stock ones.

Edited by hehehoho

Talk is cheap.

Fortunately people challenging me to 'races for titles' on their little 110/150cc bikes means unsurprisingly little, having already matured past the age of 13. :lol:

So you gonna upgrade to the race-modded CBR250R from your modded ER-6n'RR' to improve your laptimes on the track?

Lolz- no, I have no plans to downgrade to a CB'r'. I'm slow enough as it is on my ER6 and K5 and don't have time for all the engine rebuilds required to keep a fragile CB'r' in service. :whistling:

Heh heh- since you and Luke are going PRO can you still race in the amateur SuperNaked series? For sure you guys are way too fast for me! Good you're moving up to Superbike! Might just give slow pokes like me in amateur class a shot at the podium again :lol:

lol...We can still race Supernaked unless we lap fast enought to get bumped up to SB1, it is possible but i'd have to lose another 1.5s to get there. I think i'll be happy racing in SB2 and Supernaked aswell, but if they decide we can't race Supernaked there's always Super Street....

You need to get your move finished up and get that Gixxer to the track with us, we'll have you lapping at the same rate in no time...lol

Colin

That's cool, you should try and nick one of the modded 250s for a few laps and see what you can do with it.

I was actually thinking about that when i was reading some of the post earlier. I'll see what i can do the next time at the track, that was kinda of a little goal i had this weekend on my K5 was to atleast lap faster then the Moto3 guys cause it is a little piss off that those guys are so quick around thailand circuit. i managed to pull off a 1:27.48 in the SB3 race so i was happy...

I was actually thinking about that when i was reading some of the post earlier. I'll see what i can do the next time at the track, that was kinda of a little goal i had this weekend on my K5 was to atleast lap faster then the Moto3 guys cause it is a little piss off that those guys are so quick around thailand circuit.

Well they're on such a great race bike, so it's hardly surprising. :whistling:

:coffee1:

Edited by hehehoho