Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modded bike using oxygenated fuel. No conspiracy. Simple as.

Some interesting quotes on that thread from the guys on stockers(?) though..

Post 11

"I cannot keep up with the Ninja 250's on the main straight, catch them like crazy in the corners then lose again on the back straight.. they definitely have a horsepower advantage on me!!! This is racing in the MRA in Colorado...<BR itxtNodeId="75"><BR itxtNodeId="74">Now on my regular bike racing the same people I have no troubles putting them behind me... definitely frustrating as I want this Honda to take a podium spot!!!"

Post 19

"I believe 3 of the 4 Ninja 250s that I'm beating on the track are pre-2008 models. One younger kid is on a 2008+ and I bet as his skills improve he will catch me on the straights. The Aprilia RS125 runs away from me on every straight - I've beaten him 3 times but he beat me by a lot at our last race. It's frustrating to watch him pull away so easily.

If Honda doesn't pay $ in my racing org next year I may buy a Ninja 250; in fact, I may buy one anyways"

At least some Honda owners aren't afraid to tell it like it is :lol:

So the Cbr250 is a bike that meets ALL the regulations of the race..........

using oxygenated fuel.... so E10..http://www.wisegeek....enated-fuel.htm

Actually M12 is a leaded racing fuel BUT it is allowable. http://www.vpracingf...roadracing.html

And i suppose ALL the Kwakers were 100% standard as from the factory..... get realcool.gif

Just highlighting some opinions from CBR owners. Don't shoot the messenger :)

Jonny.... it was this bit i was replying to...''Modded bike using oxygenated fuel. No conspiracy. Simple as."

It seemed like you were implying that they were breaking the rules in some way.....And yes on the straight a more powerful bike will beat a least powerful bike....... But it does seem that the Cbr goes around corners nicely....

I'm glad i'm getting one... I do not have much luck going around corners... maybe this will sort me outcool.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Nope, not implying it was cheating but once you start modding, using race fuel etc then you're really comparing the extent of the mods rather than the stock bikes (assuming you KNOW they were modded Dave ;) ).

As for going round corners well, the bike that goes round the corner best tends to be the one with the best rider on it, especially at amateur level. Did you see the video of the Ninja 250 absolutely blasting past Tony on his ER6n at Bira? Do you think if they swapped bikes that Tony would have suddenly been blasting past that guy? That rider made up about 2 seconds in a single corner, but a modded CBR winning an entire race by 5 seconds is conclusive evidence of the superiority of the bike. Because all the riders in that race were of equal ability and therefore constants in the equation. OK.

The point of this post was to show that the gains in power were more than likely do to use of the M12 fuel...and the modifications that were done, were done to accommodate the fuel. Getting the same results by installing the same parts without the fuel, more than likely will get you minuscule gains.

Not that the bike won because he was the only one that used the MR12 fuel. <_<

Don't be so narrow minded !

edit: MR12 not M12

Edited by KRS1

Nope, not implying it was cheating but once you start modding, using race fuel etc then you're really comparing the extent of the mods rather than the stock bikes (assuming you KNOW they were modded Dave ;) ).

As for going round corners well, the bike that goes round the corner best tends to be the one with the best rider on it, especially at amateur level. Did you see the video of the Ninja 250 absolutely blasting past Tony on his ER6n at Bira? Do you think if they swapped bikes that Tony would have suddenly been blasting past that guy? That rider made up about 2 seconds in a single corner, but a modded CBR winning an entire race by 5 seconds is conclusive evidence of the superiority of the bike. Because all the riders in that race were of equal ability and therefore constants in the equation. OK.

Considering that last year's bike's mods for the second place bike consisted of the following:

Ceramic bearings in wheels and transmission

Shogun frame sliders (also works as a frame brace)

BRT-TIS aftermarket CDI

Cordona PQ8 quick shifter

Penkse shock

Spare wheels (not very many people have these)

Modified gas cap and fuel inlet for dump can (much faster pit stops)I don't really see what the problem is. Are you saying that a supposedly inferior bike can, with the same mods permitted to a supposedly superior bike, somehow is able to be upgraded the difference and past? I.E. the potential for a better bike is there but it just needs to be unleashed?

And what's with the assumption that the rider of the CBR was so superior to the rest of the pack? Quite sad really, you want me to prove that the Ninja bikes weren't modded and yet make the claim that the rider of the CBR was somehow so superior than rest of the field and yet have absolutely no proof! And actually the results do jive with even the test done at BRC if you consider that the stock (with a bad suspension settings) CBR wasn't ridden as hard as possible because it 'scared' the rider...

**edit**

The 7.25 (according to the racetrack's website..not 5) seconds was over a less than 12 minute race.

And if we're to assume that it was the rider's superior capabilities, than why does his time range from 1:39.036 to 2:20.543? That's a pretty big spread, considering that the second place Ninja had times between 1:29.852 and 1:35.503.

Next excuse please.

Edited by dave_boo

only problem the last days due to a drunk f....ing mechanic... Which nhas now been fired and they bought my bike.. Up to that point... Nothing, but I do remember one guy that had that problem...

my brand new ninja is candy burnt orange... Sweeeeeeeettt but I do think i will kill myself...

Considering that last year's bike's mods for the second place bike consisted of the following:

BRT-TIS aftermarket CDI

Penkse shock

Modified gas cap and fuel inlet for dump can (much faster pit stops)I don't really see what the problem is. Are you saying that a supposedly inferior bike can, with the same mods permitted to a supposedly superior bike, somehow is able to be upgraded the difference and past? I.E. the potential for a better bike is there but it just needs to be unleashed?

And what's with the assumption that the rider of the CBR was so superior to the rest of the pack? Quite sad really, you want me to prove that the Ninja bikes weren't modded and yet make the claim that the rider of the CBR was somehow so superior than rest of the field and yet have absolutely no proof! And actually the results do jive with even the test done at BRC if you consider that the stock (with a bad suspension settings) CBR wasn't ridden as hard as possible because it 'scared' the rider...

**edit**

The 7.25 (according to the racetrack's website..not 5) seconds was over a less than 12 minute race.

And if we're to assume that it was the rider's superior capabilities, than why does his time range from 1:39.036 to 2:20.543? That's a pretty big spread, considering that the second place Ninja had times between 1:29.852 and 1:35.503.

Next excuse please.

Before we consider more 'excuses' I think you should address the points again. Firstly the bikes are modded in different ways and we don't know which mods provided the most gain. Is this correct or not correct? Yes or No.

Secondly, In amateur racing it is normally the best rider that wins, not the best bike. Even in professional racing to a certain extent (why else did Rossi dominate on Aprilia, Honda and Yamaha), but in professional racing the riders are much more closely matched and able to ride their bikes to the absolute limit. In amateur racing you get weekend warriors out with guys who are sandbagging a higher class of racing for the sake of a trophy. Guys who train all week racing guys who went clubbing the night before. I know this because I raced amateur MX throughout my teens and the best guys (not me I should add) were the best guys, season in season out despite riding a different brand/model of bike every year. As you're still learning to ride and have certainly never raced I can understand why you would scoff at the idea that the rider is the biggest factor in a motorcycle race (from behind a keyboard, calculator in hand).

If we ignore the 2 points above we could conclude that the Ninja in second place was clearly a far superior bike design to the Ninja that finished last. The Ninja that finished 10th was only a marginally better design than the Ninja that finished 11th etc. The only flaw to this argument is that they are the same bike. The only differences are the mods and the rider. Do you understand that? Or do you think that the design of bike 2 was clearly far superior to that of last place?

Not to mention we are talking about a single race, put both machines in a series for a couple of seasons and then we can reach some conclusions.

Edited by JonnyF

only problem the last days due to a drunk f....ing mechanic... Which nhas now been fired and they bought my bike.. Up to that point... Nothing, but I do remember one guy that had that problem...

my brand new ninja is candy burnt orange... Sweeeeeeeettt but I do think i will kill myself...

That's a shame but this level of service on the CBR's seems to be a recurring theme (as predicted by some forum members). Was this an official Honda dealer?

Anyway congrats on the new bike, the Candy Orange Ninja is a lovely bike - be interesting to hear how you find the service by Kawasaki over the next couple of years.

BRT-TIS aftermarket CDI

Penkse shock

**edit**

Next excuse please.

Before we consider more 'excuses' I think you should address the points again. Firstly the bikes are modded in different ways and we don't know which mods provided the most gain. Is this correct or not correct? Yes or No.

Secondly, In amateur racing it is normally the best rider that wins, not the best bike. Even in professional racing to a certain extent (why else did Rossi dominate on Aprilia, Honda and Yamaha), but in professional racing the riders are much more closely matched and able to ride their bikes to the absolute limit. In amateur racing you get weekend warriors out with guys who are sandbagging a higher class of racing for the sake of a trophy. Guys who train all week racing guys who went clubbing the night before. I know this because I raced amateur MX throughout my teens and the best guys (not me I should add) were the best guys, season in season out despite riding a different brand/model of bike every year. As you're still learning to ride and have certainly never raced I can understand why you would scoff at the idea that the rider is the biggest factor in a motorcycle race (from behind a keyboard, calculator in hand).

If we ignore the 2 points above we could conclude that the Ninja in second place was clearly a far superior bike design to the Ninja that finished last. The Ninja that finished 10th was only a marginally better design than the Ninja that finished 11th etc. The only flaw to this argument is that they are the same bike. The only differences are the mods and the rider. Do you understand that? Or do you think that the design of bike 2 was clearly far superior to that of last place?

Not to mention we are talking about a single race, put both machines in a series for a couple of seasons and then we can reach some conclusions.

If it helps you feel better, no, we don't know which mods the current year Ninja has. We do know that the extent of the mods that the team who came in second had, so if you want to assume that the did sell it and were using a stock bike that is assumed to put out nearly stock power we'll play your game. So why did the Ninja, which supposedly dominates the CBR when they are stock, and has 3-4 HP advantage, have such a bad showing when the upgraded CBR only have 2 HP on the assumed stock Ninjas?

And yes, I am a n00b rider. Guess what I'm not...an idiot. One of the major differences between a professional and an amateur is consistency. I can throw caution to the wind and clench up my ass tighter than a bull's during fly season and put in a good showing...I couldn't do that over a 79 lap endurance race. However better racers are lap in lap out, day to day doing the same thing over and over in the same or better time. Have you forgtotten the tortoise and hare story? This doesn't take a calculator or somebody who fancies themselves an expert due to past experience. Simple common sense. The guy who placed first had lap times that were all over the place. The guy that finished second had much more consistent lap times. So, even though the rider on the Ninja was more consistent he was unable to overcome a less consistent rider on a bike with a few mods (and he may or may not have been modded/using 'race' gas also...but than the question is, why not?). Why assume that CBR rider was a better rider when the facts are pointing to him not being?

BRT-TIS aftermarket CDI

Penkse shock

**edit**

Next excuse please.

If it helps you feel better, no, we don't know which mods the current year Ninja has. We do know that the extent of the mods that the team who came in second had, so if you want to assume that the did sell it and were using a stock bike that is assumed to put out nearly stock power we'll play your game. So why did the Ninja, which supposedly dominates the CBR when they are stock, and has 3-4 HP advantage, have such a bad showing when the upgraded CBR only have 2 HP on the assumed stock Ninjas?

And yes, I am a n00b rider. Guess what I'm not...an idiot. One of the major differences between a professional and an amateur is consistency. I can throw caution to the wind and clench up my ass tighter than a bull's during fly season and put in a good showing...I couldn't do that over a 79 lap endurance race. However better racers are lap in lap out, day to day doing the same thing over and over in the same or better time. Have you forgtotten the tortoise and hare story? This doesn't take a calculator or somebody who fancies themselves an expert due to past experience. Simple common sense. The guy who placed first had lap times that were all over the place. The guy that finished second had much more consistent lap times. So, even though the rider on the Ninja was more consistent he was unable to overcome a less consistent rider on a bike with a few mods (and he may or may not have been modded/using 'race' gas also...but than the question is, why not?). Why assume that CBR rider was a better rider when the facts are pointing to him not being?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"The guy who placed first had lap times that were all over the place. The guy that finished second had much more consistent lap times".

That's amateur racing summed up in one sentence.

Of course it is possible that the CBR250 was performing much better during some periods of the race than others, and the Ninja 250 was much more consistent throughout the race. After all these are robots on board, of equal ability performing at an equal level on every lap right. Equal fitness, equal ability, equal motivation, equal preparation, equal experience. Or maybe, just maybe the riders had different ability and riding styles, pushing harder at different stages of the race. Seriously, if you think a 5 second gap in an amateur bike race is due to a marginal difference in the 1st and 2nd place bikes then you need to enter an amateur race some time. Some guys sprint at the start and get tired, some guys ride on the edge and make mistakes, some guys sandbag a higher class, some guys just enter for extended practice, some guys get a bad jump and enter the first corner in 10th place, some guys simply cant ride. The bikes aren't even stock. And it's one race! :lol:

This isn't F1. An amateur motorbike race (with bikes in the same stratosphere) is a race between riders not bikes. That's why they run the races, otherwise they may as well just dyno the bikes at the start of the first race of the season and award the trophies, save some time ya know.

I'm not expecting you to understand any of this by the way :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"The guy who placed first had lap times that were all over the place. The guy that finished second had much more consistent lap times".

That's amateur racing summed up in one sentence.

Of course it is possible that the CBR250 was performing much better during some periods of the race than others, and the Ninja 250 was much more consistent throughout the race. After all these are robots on board, of equal ability performing at an equal level on every lap right. Equal fitness, equal ability, equal motivation, equal preparation, equal experience. Or maybe, just maybe the riders had different ability and riding styles, pushing harder at different stages of the race. Seriously, if you think a 5 second gap in an amateur bike race is due to a marginal difference in the 1st and 2nd place bikes then you need to enter an amateur race some time. Some guys sprint at the start and get tired, some guys ride on the edge and make mistakes, some guys sandbag a higher class, some guys just enter for extended practice, some guys get a bad jump and enter the first corner in 10th place, some guys simply cant ride. The bikes aren't even stock. And it's one race! :lol:

This isn't F1. An amateur motorbike race (with bikes in the same stratosphere) is a race between riders not bikes. That's why they run the races, otherwise they may as well just dyno the bikes at the start of the first race of the season and award the trophies, save some time ya know.

I'm not expecting you to understand any of this by the way :lol:

So are you saying that the CBR rider(s) were overall better riders but they insiduously varied their lap times by up to 40 seconds? What type of moron makes that claim?

And considering your reading comprehension skills and apparent willingness to 'distort the truth' I'm not surprised that you can't understand in the Endurance race it was A WHOLE LAP (some minute 40), not 5 seconds that was for the sprint. If you're content with a single review supporting your version of the truth (Ninja dominating the CBR everywhere), why wouldn't you want to look at a single race?

Not that I expect you to be able to answer it; considering your modus operandi you will try and divert the thread with some rubbish...I've yet to see you be able to factually contest any of my questions.

Let's see.

FACT: CBR beat 22 Ninjas, 5 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

FACT: CBR finished ONE WHOLE LAP ahead of everyone else in endurance race.

FACT: Ninja owners are looking for any/every excuse they can to explain why these two "scientific anomalies" may have occurred in this particular universe, when in all the other parallel universes, Ninja are clearly superior in every way!

:cheesy:

guys... can you take this over to the cbr versus ninja thread please..... stop contaminating this one which SHOULD be for cbr info... Thanks

for those that forget were it is... heho etc.. it's here

Can we keep this thread strictly for the CBR250... thanks :D

After fueling up today on PURE fuel, i can definately say that fuel can be a factor !

Its highly unlikely that everyone was using that MR12 oxygenated fuel and tuned for it. At $25 a gallon, the stuff ain't cheap !

it was a certified honda dealership... Serviced my bike there many times... I do not see how you can blame Honda for one mans mistake... Dragging it a bit far are you not?

Like whatever bike you want, but do not dismiss the cbr250 as a bad bike, because it is not. The price, dealerships, service, warranty might not be the best in thailand, but they sure are everywhere, and that i do like...

Spending a couple of minutes on the ninja I can say that the cbr is very good.

the er6 is not really a ninja as that is the zx... Just as the cbr is more like the cbrf, sporty looking, but not super fast...

For people that does not require speed, the cbr is more than good enough...

JonnyF was getting a bit worked up on the CBR over on the ninja thread. It seems not having a fuel gauge on the ninja confuses the owners a bit.

When you get on your bike and see that there's 3 bars remaining. How far can you go exactly?

No two rides will be the same due to differences in speed. 145kph drinks a lot more than 90kph pottering.

I thought this would be the case with all bikes, no? :passifier:

And how did you calculate it?

I don't calculate it. When the fuel light starts flashing, there's 2.5L or so left so I hit the 'Fuel' button on the GPS and head to a Caltex that's on my route to fill up. The same as in a car when it gets close to red on the gauge.

JonnyF was getting a bit worked up on the CBR over on the ninja thread. It seems not having a fuel gauge on the ninja confuses the owners a bit.

When you get on your bike and see that there's 3 bars remaining. How far can you go exactly?

No two rides will be the same due to differences in speed. 145kph drinks a lot more than 90kph pottering.

I don't calculate it. When the fuel light starts flashing, there's 2.5L or so left so I hit the 'Fuel' button on the GPS and head to a Caltex that's on my route to fill up. The same as in a car when it gets close to red on the gauge.

If you go touring you MAY have to be a little more careful as out in the boonies there may well be 100km or more between service stations...

And i don't think your Garmin has the whisky bottle fuel stalls ......has it?cool.gif

PS: answer over on that thread rather than bringing it over here again.....heho your coming across as a bit of a flamer......why?... if you want to prove the best bike.. organise a test session with a Ninjette rider.... Then all can be revealed.

Edited by thaicbr

PS: answer over on that thread rather than bringing it over here again...

Simply bringing questions about the CBR250R to it's thread, as opposed to having them and their answers in the ninja 250 thread. :)

yea right!.. Heho what mods have you done to your Cbr?

Heho what mods have you done to your Cbr?

Cosmetic:

All black farings, black rims w/ red rim tape. Aftermarket mirrors.

Performance:

Have a full system exhaust which is fun with the ECU reset. As I'm commuting 6 days a week through the city I'm currently running it with 8 holes in the airbox cover with the ECU reset.

So not much.

Will be picking up a pair of pirellis soon, and also interested in a pair of front sprockets, one +1 and one -1. Just to test them out for city commuting, and then changing over when touring.

Engine mods will be left alone until many things are tried and tested I think. Am happy with it on all levels so not much point playing around too much with it. :)

Edited by hehehoho

Heho what mods have you done to your Cbr?

Cosmetic:

All black farings, black rims w/ red rim tape. Aftermarket mirrors.

Performance:

Have a full system exhaust which is fun with the ECU reset. As I'm commuting 6 days a week through the city I'm currently running it with 8 holes in the airbox cover with the ECU reset.

So not much.

Will be picking up a pair of pirellis soon, and also interested in a pair of front sprockets, one +1 and one -1. Just to test them out for city commuting, and then changing over when touring.

Engine mods will be left alone until many things are tried and tested I think. Am happy with it on all levels so not much point playing around too much with it. :)

That good then.. so with the Pirelli's about the same as Dave Boo's bike...... Easy to have a comparison. What you doing the weekend of the September 16th.

Worked up :lol: :lol: errrr OK.

Originally you claimed that the method of calculating the range on the Ninja is "so unbelievable it's actually funny". Now it seems you've finally realized that with 8 bars on your digital gauge (each bar representing around 40kms) you don't actually know the range of your own bike without keeping an eye on when the bar drops and then making a manual calculation in your head based on kms per bar (which you concede isn't even accurate as it depends on your riding style) . So now with your fancy digital gauge you've finally conceded that you're back to waiting until the fuel light comes on - same as the "so unbelievable it's actually funny" Ninja :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Good stuff hehehoho, hours of entertainment :lol:

That good then.. so with the Pirelli's about the same as Dave Boo's bike...... Easy to have a comparison. What you doing the weekend of the September 16th.

No plans as of yet.

KRSpam1 wants to race me for titles too though, so Dave might have to wait in line. :D

Originally you claimed that the method of calculating the range on the Ninja is "so unbelievable it's actually funny".

Ummm, actually the fact that in this day and age they would release a bike without any sort of fuel gauge, even when updating it for 2012 is what is 'so unbelievable it's actually funny.', a temp gauge, but no fuel gauge... Hmmm.

Don't get so worked up about it though. The rumours are that the 2013 ninjette will have a stone sundial for a clock. :lol:

No plans as of yet.

KRSpam1 wants to race me for titles too though, so Dave might have to wait in line. :D

Originally you claimed that the method of calculating the range on the Ninja is "so unbelievable it's actually funny".

Ummm, actually the fact that in this day and age they would release a bike without any sort of fuel gauge, even when updating it for 2012 is what is 'so unbelievable it's actually funny.', a temp gauge, but no fuel gauge... Hmmm.

Don't get so worked up about it though. The rumours are that the 2013 ninjette will have a stone sundial for a clock. :lol:

You know you're right - it's shocking not having a fuel gauge - absolutely shocking :lol: I'm selling the Ninja - in fact that's it - you've got me so worked up that I'm never riding my K5 Gixxer again since that doesn't have one either - after all what good is knowing how far your bike will go before you need to fill up if you don't even know how many 'bars' you've got left? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep checking for that fuel light dude :lol:

Edited by JonnyF