Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Thats because you leave the same damp smelly socks in there ........................... :bah:

Guess I deserve that after forgetting to pack on our Phetchabun trip and ending up smelling like a wet dog...I did me best to dry them out over that air conditioning unit...perhaps that's where I went wrong?:unsure:

Good old Tesco Lotus or was it Big C :D:D:D

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tank bags are ok, but I bought a large, weatherproof, heavy duty back pack that holds a lot more than a tank bag, for about 400 baht. I use a couple of bungees to hold it on the seat behind me, and it works perfect.

You leave that on there semi-permanently? Not worried about theft?

Just stealing the bungee cord is enough for many Thais, evidently, not to mention a backpack. I've had a couple stolen off my bike.

Most cheap backpacks aren't weatherproof by any means, so that's interesting.

FWIW I've been using the same magnetic tank bag for some 3 years now and it's never been stolen...

Frequently leave tank bag, one or two full face unlocked and backpack on bike. Never stolen. But of course thats in Phuket :rolleyes:

The tank bags are ok, but I bought a large, weatherproof, heavy duty back pack that holds a lot more than a tank bag, for about 400 baht. I use a couple of bungees to hold it on the seat behind me, and it works perfect.

You leave that on there semi-permanently? Not worried about theft?

Just stealing the bungee cord is enough for many Thais, evidently, not to mention a backpack. I've had a couple stolen off my bike.

Most cheap backpacks aren't weatherproof by any means, so that's interesting.

No, I don't leave it on there. It works great for when I'm on a trip, and when I stop for the night, it goes inside with me. Next morning, back on the bike and I'm off. Been caught in the rain twice, and everything inside stayed nice and dry. No problems.

New CB300.

Only in S. America, and soon to be Europe it seems.

Honda%20CB%20300R.jpg

Honda Brazil has finally launched its new entry level naked, the replacement to the CB250 twister-the CB300R. For the time being, Honda will sell this new naked only for Brazil and then South America. The evolution of the Honda CB? will enter Europe after confirmation from Honda in the autumn.

Honda CB300R is powered by an air cooled 291cc, 4-valve double overhead camshaft, 4 stroke and single cylinder engine. This engine will give power about 26hp @7500rpm and a torque of 2.9 kgm at 6000 rpm. Equipped with Honda’s Electronic PGM-FI system, the 143kg bike (dry) will have big possibility to enter the European market considering this Honda’s FI make the engine green and passing the Euro emission regulation.

At the front equipped with a 276mm disc. At the back there is a 130mm drum brake, unlikey the its Enduro brother Honda XR?.

The styling is borrowed from its bigger brother, Honda CB600F Hornet. Honda CB300R has a suggested price of $ 11,490.00. It is higher than the Honda CBX Twister at $ 9,600.00.

New CB300.

Only in S. America, and soon to be Europe it seems.

Honda%20CB%20300R.jpg

Honda Brazil has finally launched its new entry level naked, the replacement to the CB250 twister-the CB300R. For the time being, Honda will sell this new naked only for Brazil and then South America. The evolution of the Honda CB will enter Europe after confirmation from Honda in the autumn.

Honda CB300R is powered by an air cooled 291cc, 4-valve double overhead camshaft, 4 stroke and single cylinder engine. This engine will give power about 26hp @7500rpm and a torque of 2.9 kgm at 6000 rpm. Equipped with Honda's Electronic PGM-FI system, the 143kg bike (dry) will have big possibility to enter the European market considering this Honda's FI make the engine green and passing the Euro emission regulation.

At the front equipped with a 276mm disc. At the back there is a 130mm drum brake, unlikey the its Enduro brother Honda XR.

The styling is borrowed from its bigger brother, Honda CB600F Hornet. Honda CB300R has a suggested price of $ 11,490.00. It is higher than the Honda CBX Twister at $ 9,600.00.

The intital thought is that it may be a bigger bore version of the 250...untill I read the specs. Would have been a hot market for the parts if it had been.:(

New CB300.

The styling is borrowed from its bigger brother, Honda CB600F Hornet. Honda CB300R

... except the Hornet is gorgeous, and this one is.... eh... not?!

looks more like they borrowed the styling from a SONIC! fugly...

btw, I'm selling my Namban full exhaust system. I ran it on my bike for a week and with the ECU reset it was great. Increases power in the low end and decreases the engine braking. Mid range seems about the same as stock, and it increase power in the top-end, gives a kick at about 8000rpm. Looks and sounds great. Not vulgar loud but a nice deep growl, good quality from an experienced producer (10+ yrs developing racing products). It makes the bike more fun and sportier, but I'm an old man and find the stock was slightly nicer for my daily commuting.

Looks great, sounds great, runs great, increases low and top end power, good quality, decreases the CBR's engine braking making for a smoother ride. 6000thb new, selling for 3,900thb.

Just a quick question here! This is the oil I have been using for the first 1,000 km. Is it the right one? And what does the oil for after 1,000 km look like? Oh, and I need to get a proper 1,000 km check done. Any recommendations for where to have it done in either Korat/Mahasrakam/Kon Khaen or even better Roi Et?jap.gif

http://yfrog.com/0fimg0939qgj

img0939qg.jpg

Edited by engrin

Just a quick question here! This is the oil I have been using for the first 1,000 km. Is it the right one? And what does the oil for after 1,000 km look like? Oh, and I need to get a proper 1,000 km check done. Any recommendations for where to have it done in either Korat/Mahasrakam/Kon Khaen or even better Roi Et?jap.gif

When it came to my 6k service I happened to be in Kon Khaen for an overnight visit from Bangkok.... a bit of a flog there and back but...

I used the Honda main dealer in the centre of town which is on a major junction with Mitthapap... can't miss it!

They were helpful and good at what they did.

img0939qg.jpg

Actually, the 4T JASO MA 10W-30 (blue cap) is supposed to be used in the Wave. For the CBR, you need to use 4T JASO MA 40 (red cap). Most of our CBR customers use it, although some like to use Motul H-Tech (10W40 4T).

Edited by SumetCycle

img0939qg.jpg

Actually, the 4T JASO MA 10W-30 (blue cap) is supposed to be used in the Wave. For the CBR, you need to use 4T JASO MA 40 (red cap). Most of our CBR customers use it, although some like to use Motul H-Tech (10W40 4T).

OK thanks for the info. That bottle there was not actually the bottle that went into my machine so now I have to go back and check again. I didn't realise the difference in the color of the caps so just snapped a picture of the nearest one. That one there is mineral isn't it?? And we're supposed to change to Synthetic after 1,000km?

When it came to my 6k service I happened to be in Kon Khaen for an overnight visit from Bangkok.... a bit of a flog there and back but...

I used the Honda main dealer in the centre of town which is on a major junction with Mitthapap... can't miss it!

They were helpful and good at what they did.

Thanks for this info. I guess I'll need to ride in the night before so that the engine can cool for the morning. Cheers!

Where is Chumphon Honda?

I paid 99k bht for mine from Chumphon Honda.

Two of my local dealers in Kanchanaburi quoted 120k and 140k with a two month waiting list.

Another dealer in nearby Tha Ruea quoted 105k over the phone and then added 10k to the price when I went to pick it up and they saw the farang!

Pay what you think it's worth to you.

For me the trip down to Chumphon was worth it. They had three in stock to choose from and it was a nice day out with friends too.

Where is Chumphon Honda?

I paid 99k bht for mine from Chumphon Honda.

Two of my local dealers in Kanchanaburi quoted 120k and 140k with a two month waiting list.

Another dealer in nearby Tha Ruea quoted 105k over the phone and then added 10k to the price when I went to pick it up and they saw the farang!

Pay what you think it's worth to you.

For me the trip down to Chumphon was worth it. They had three in stock to choose from and it was a nice day out with friends too.

The main showroom is next to Toyota.

A great vid of the great CBR250R on the track.

From the rider:

Ninja's horse power is greater than CBR250R by 1.5. So on the paper, you can say Ninja is faster than CBR250R if you are referring to the speed on the straight line. But CBR250R handles better and faster at the cornering as you can see on my footage. So, if you are looking for more power and speed at the straight, Ninja is the one for you. If you are looking for better handling at the cornering and have a fun with it, CBR250R is definitely for you!

My opponents are riding, NINJA250R, SPADA, VTR, and 4cycle 250cc machine

This exhaust is a product of TSR.(TSR is Japanese famous bike parts maker) but This is a prototype exhaust, I think the sound is louder than regulation level. Regular product will be out soon.

If that's only with an exhaust change and presumably tyres, no wonder these great machines are waxing the Kawa650s by embarrassing amounts when race modded.

Is that by by ninjas at around 3:00, 5:15, 5:45, 6:25 and 6:40?

Edited by hehehoho

I find it hard to believe that the other riders were riding to their maximum... they were too slow for that...

lol.

It was a race, don't know how many racers out there ride slowly in order to make other bikes look good and pass them. The racing position of the riders being passed doesn't look very casual.

Racers who race the CBR for teams in America mention the same on the CBR forums. With tyres and a pipe it is well superior to most in the bends and that is where they take them, while being slightly inferior on the straights.

Edited by hehehoho

I fail to see how a video is an indication of superior power or cornering ability.

That video is NOT a race. the video starts off in the pits, not the starting line. If the CBR is so superior in low end im sure the video would illustrate that point by showing the start.

I didn't see one single person on the track crew manning the sandtraps or anyone in the bleachers, nor were there any pit crews holding up lap times or place indicators. The rider is passing others too quickly, a real race would never allow riders with such a discrepancy in lap times to ride together - too dangerous, there's a thing called qualifying rounds and an unspoken rule that you let the faster rider pass when running practice laps. Seeing a rider wearing a bright flourescent green vest is another indicator that this is no race. That video is more like paid track practice time.

That's no race just more fabricated lies and more wishful thinking by Honda's paid internet marketer hehehoho.

Not only this, but that track was built by Honda and is only used for races once per year Twin Ring Motegi race track

Go behind Seacon Square on Sundays and you'll see Kawasaki KSR 110's walking all over CBR 250's on a weekly basis.

"Go behind Seacon Square on Sundays and you'll see Kawasaki KSR 110's walking all over CBR 250's on a weekly basis."

the KSR'S walk all over pretty much anything on that track as it's just a slightly larger GOKART track

I fail to see how a video is an indication of superior power or cornering ability.

No one said it is. :whistling:

That's just what 250cc racers report.

Go behind Seacon Square on Sundays and you'll see Kawasaki KSR 110's walking all over CBR 250's on a weekly basis.

And bicycles would probably beat them, heck even your CBR150 might. :rolleyes: