Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Why dont you stop lying and tell the truth . Those CBR 250's werent stock, they were modified and in a straight line wouldnt never be able to keep up with an er6n in its wildest dreams.

Keep those lies coming.

Still having trouble with written words eh.

(from the 2 times I mentioned them on the last page)

no wonder these great machines are waxing the Kawa650s by embarrassing amounts when race modded.

CBR250Rs in race mode: 1:28

Kawa 650s in track mode: 1:33-34s.

Have you practiced reading the title to that last youtube vid yet? :lol:

Why would i pay any attention to the title when its clear its not a race? Oh, that's right you wouldn't have a clue what a race is, and are so afraid of going fast you had to sell your rainbow bright fart pipe because it was just too fast and furious for you. :rolleyes:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont you stop lying and tell the truth . Those CBR 250's werent stock, they were modified and in a straight line wouldnt never be able to keep up with an er6n in its wildest dreams.

Keep those lies coming.

Still having trouble with written words eh.

(from the 2 times I mentioned them on the last page)

no wonder these great machines are waxing the Kawa650s by embarrassing amounts when race modded.

CBR250Rs in race mode: 1:28

Kawa 650s in track mode: 1:33-34s.

Have you practiced reading the title to that last youtube vid yet? :lol:

Why would i pay any attention to the title when its clear its not a race? Oh, that's right you wouldn't have a clue what a race is, and are so afraid of going fast you had to sell your rainbow bright fart pipe because it was just too fast and furious for you. :rolleyes:

Can't admit you didn't read the title, eh. :clap2:

he never says its a race

:partytime2:

btw, why did you lie about me saying the race CBRs were stock, when I pointed out at every opportunity that they were race modified? :huh:

Edited by hehehoho

So many people feel the need to come on the cbr250 thread and bash the bike. I honestly can't understand why anyone would waste their time bashing something they don't seem to like, I could certainly find better ways to use my time. This " my bike's better than yours" BS belongs in the school yard. I have a cbr250, guess what?, it suites me at the minute, and I'll undoubtedly move along to something else soon enough.

Is the Kawa faster? From what I've seen, the answer is yes, at least in straight line top speed. Here's the shocker though, 99% of people don't buy a bike to ride it WOT all day long. The cbr is aimed at a much wider demographic than the ninja and will almost certainly kill the ninja in sales figures. Quite frankly, I don't give a toss what you ride as long as it makes you smile.

So many people feel the need to come on the cbr250 thread and bash the bike. I honestly can't understand why anyone would waste their time bashing something they don't seem to like, I could certainly find better ways to use my time. This " my bike's better than yours" BS belongs in the school yard. I have a cbr250, guess what?, it suites me at the minute, and I'll undoubtedly move along to something else soon enough.

Is the Kawa faster? From what I've seen, the answer is yes, at least in straight line top speed. Here's the shocker though, 99% of people don't buy a bike to ride it WOT all day long. The cbr is aimed at a much wider demographic than the ninja and will almost certainly kill the ninja in sales figures. Quite frankly, I don't give a toss what you ride as long as it makes you smile.

I think you make some good points. In fairness, I think a lot of the bashing on here is not on the bike itself as most of us are realistic about what the CBR250 is, as you are. Most of it is due to the BS spouted by our resident CBR spammer. Some people can't resist calling him out. Without his nonsense this thread would be quite a pleasant, informative place to be IMO :)

most of us are realistic about what the CBR250 is,

Yup, the best 250cc available.

At least according to the link you proudly posted in the comparison thread.

The CBR just plain works better everywhere, eliciting more toothy grins wherever it goes.

Well done for seeing the light.

I think you make some good points. In fairness, I think a lot of the bashing on here is not on the bike itself as most of us are realistic about what the CBR250 is, as you are. Most of it is due to the BS spouted by our resident CBR spammer. Some people can't resist calling him out. Without his nonsense this thread would be quite a pleasant, informative place to be IMO :)

Yep, just watch, right after i make this post. Hehehoho will be replying to post his last word, so readers who just pick up on the thread will read something positive about the bike immediately.

He's a paid Honda Internet Marketer - for sure, the way he bends words around. No one sane would be on such a vendetta and it is essentially worse than spam.

He'll be here in a second to make a post.

most of us are realistic about what the CBR250 is,

Yup, the best 250cc available.

At least according to the link you proudly posted in the comparison thread.

The CBR just plain works better everywhere, eliciting more toothy grins wherever it goes.

Well done for seeing the light.

For every positive review of the CB'r' there's another one that tells it like it is:

"For those who find the Ninja's hot blooded rev-happy twin too spicy the Honda CBR 250R's mild and torquey single might be more palatable."

"The Ninja might be the more fun and eager companion on a tight winding road but this Honda is the good natured sport bike. It's the Golden Retriever that wants to bring you home safe" :cheesy:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=140529

Let the Good Times ROLL!

T

That's the thing with reviews, it's simply people's opinions, they'll always differ. At least 3/4 of the reviews I've seen choose the CBR250R as the bike they'd pick. Given that most of these reviewers are using a more powerful ninja than what is available to the Thai marks, sorry, customers, it highlights how much better the CBR250R is here.

Sorry that sticks in the throat of so many.

^^ How typical of KRSpam1 to go on a personal attack rather than answer the simple question, why is he spreading lies about what I say?

why did you lie about me saying the race CBRs were stock, when I pointed out at every opportunity that they were race modified?

Jealousy seems to affect people quite badly. :(

Edited by hehehoho

So back to the CBR250R is that's okay:

Released about 5 days ago. TYGA have 4 aftermarket sprockets covering 41, 42, 43 & 44 Teeth Rear.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/index.php?cPath=72_938_986

Personally I'd be interested in 2 front sprockets, a tooth less and a tooth more. Set it up for better acceleration for 90% of the time - my daily city commuting, then change it for better top end when I go out touring.

Edited by hehehoho

For every positive review of the CB'r' there's another one that tells it like it is:

"For those who find the Ninja's hot blooded rev-happy twin too spicy the Honda CBR 250R's mild and torquey single might be more palatable."

"The Ninja might be the more fun and eager companion on a tight winding road but this Honda is the good natured sport bike. It's the Golden Retriever that wants to bring you home safe" :cheesy:

http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=140529

Let the Good Times ROLL!

T

Most reviews I've read recognize that the Ninjette is the better "sport" bike while the CB'r' get's better fuel economy and is more noob-friendly.

http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=140529

Comes as no surprise that noobs like heho prefer the cb'r' :rolleyes:

Which is it? Most reviews or even number of reviews?

Sounds like more BS being spouted and numb^^^opinions pulled out of one's arse. Please find more than 4 reviews that award their preference to the Ninja. And, while it may be hard, stay with professional motorcycle reviews as Tech writers probably are put off by wringing a Ninja's neck to make sure it can keep up with a CBR.

If two things suck then the cheaper option is the least suckiest according to the wife who is always right.

I'm sure most wives would agree, although the type of guys who let their wife call the shots are probably better suited to the CBR anyway (if you know what I mean) ;):lol:

cant say anything bad about the cbr... Not the fastest bike i have ridden nor the slowest... It is for the price a very very good option for bikers here in los that dont want to spend the money on the larger bikes...

Agreed.

30 years ago I used to ride a CB125 and then a CB175 whilst my mates had wizzy 2 stokes like the RDS7 250 and the RD250... but we were all happy :-)

A buddy once told me that we'll always hanker after more power.... that is until you get 170+ hp..!

A view of what should have been?

I wonder how road worthy they would be?? With fitting a set of lighting and mirrrors etc (not that hard to do) and I guess dumb down the tyres a bit....and register as a CBR250 ... (Just neeed a co-operative dealer) be an interesting ride.

Although I guess for that money u may as well get a CBR 600.

My RAM mount finally arrived! Very easy to install and I am very pleased with it. Now I need to hook up the GPS charger to the wiring of the bike. Anyone have a wiring map or know where the wires for the lights are located?

Here is the mount. In addition, I bought the case that fits my Nuvi.

Ordered Item Shipped Price Subtotal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1ea RAM Mount Motorcycle Fork Stem Assembly with Diamond Plate 1ea $30.95ea $30.95

1ea RAM Mount Garmin nuvi 1200 Series Cradle RAM-HOL-GA33U 1ea $7.86ea $7.86

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Subtotal: $38.81

Shipping & Handling: $9.29

Total: $48.10

I would just like to say a big thankyou to all at Sumet Cycle for the excellent service I have received this last week.

One hears too much about indifferent customer service so it's great to get prompt callbacks, friendly knowledgeable service and mechanics who actually do a good and proper job.

I would just like to say a big thankyou to all at Sumet Cycle for the excellent service I have received this last week.

One hears too much about indifferent customer service so it's great to get prompt callbacks, friendly knowledgeable service and mechanics who actually do a good and proper job.

Hear hear!

And a decent cup of coffee too ;-)

I took my 250 in for it's first oil change and the "mechanic" drained the oil by taking out the T50 torx bolt instead of using the oil drain bolt. The torx bolt on the right side of the engine a bit behind the oil filtre over top of the exhaust pipe. Any one have an idea what the real purpose of that bolt is?

Thanks

I took my 250 in for it's first oil change and the "mechanic" drained the oil by taking out the T50 torx bolt instead of using the oil drain bolt. The torx bolt on the right side of the engine a bit behind the oil filtre over top of the exhaust pipe. Any one have an idea what the real purpose of that bolt is?

Thanks

You should get your bike serviced by SumetCycle next time laugh.gif

Thanks

You should get your bike serviced by SumetCycle next time laugh.gif

Ooo err....

Is it against rules to say where that "mechaniac" works...?

Thanks

Seriously? Is this a legit Honda dealer?

Not sure which bolt you mean, but if he didn't drain it using the sump bolt then I suspect that a lot of the old oil is still in there. I'd suggest taking it somewhere else and having it changed again ASAP. Or better still do it yourself - it's a really easy job even if you have no experience (maybe you do?) At least you'll know it's been done correctly.