Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Ok, I'm going to throw this out and see if anyone - Brian / Sumit City perhaps - can shed any light.

Was at Honda / Niyom Panich today to get new insurance on my 150. While they were doing the paperwork on that, me and wife looked at restored Steed. She loved, I didn't. Sales rep comes over, speaks minimal English. Told wife I'd rather have a 650 Ninja than the Steed. Attention goes back to the 250's, for which I plan to wait till the 2012 model comes with the tri-color paint scheme. Guy talks to wife, tell her in March that Honda is bringing out a Brand New Honda CBR 400. I asked if he was sure it was a CBR 400 or CB 400. He was ADAMANT that it's a new CBR 400. I've checked every web site I can find for the past half hour and can't find anything, and was wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this?

MMmm somehow I just cant imagine a single pot 30hp CBR400 being a lot of fun????

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm going to throw this out and see if anyone - Brian / Sumit City perhaps - can shed any light.

Was at Honda / Niyom Panich today to get new insurance on my 150. While they were doing the paperwork on that, me and wife looked at restored Steed. She loved, I didn't. Sales rep comes over, speaks minimal English. Told wife I'd rather have a 650 Ninja than the Steed. Attention goes back to the 250's, for which I plan to wait till the 2012 model comes with the tri-color paint scheme. Guy talks to wife, tell her in March that Honda is bringing out a Brand New Honda CBR 400. I asked if he was sure it was a CBR 400 or CB 400. He was ADAMANT that it's a new CBR 400. I've checked every web site I can find for the past half hour and can't find anything, and was wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this?

MMmm somehow I just cant imagine a single pot 30hp CBR400 being a lot of fun????

Who said it was going to be a single pot?????

And there is the CBR 600 RR, but don't think that's available in LOS.

Edited by Just1Voice

Smile....Sorry I was being facetious. But with the 250 in mind, and and Honda's current thinking, it sure as hell wont be a high performing 4 potter. More likely an enlarged 250 with a V twin (2 pots of their V series) choked down economy minded under-performing emission controlled plonker.

I think the current 600 and 1000 should be bought now........as I think that style of bike will soon become museum pieces only, . Shame but seems inevitable with what's happening at Honda.

Yes can buy 600/1000 new in Thailand, as long as u have deep pockets.

Edited by visions

Smile....Sorry I was being facetious. But with the 250 in mind, and and Honda's current thinking, it sure as hell wont be a high performing 4 potter. More likely an enlarged 250 with a V twin (2 pots of their V series) choked down economy minded under-performing emission controlled plonker.

I think the current 600 and 1000 should be bought now........as I think that style of bike will soon become museum pieces only, . Shame but seems inevitable with what's happening at Honda.

Yes can buy 600/1000 new in Thailand, as long as u have deep pockets.

Ok, no problem, I see what you mean. However, simply for the sake of discussion, a CBR400 might be a very viable alternative to those who want a little more than what the 250 has to offer, but really don't want to go up to, say, the Ninja 650. But until AP Honda puts out a press release, or I actually see one in the showroom, I'll take the sales agent's words with a grain of salt.

:whistling:

Rode a CBR 250 chiang mai to chumphae return.. Not as much fun as I thought It woud be..Firstly I think its too small for anyone over 6 foot...to get up to decent speeds you cant tuck in under the screen. Plus who wants to be laying on the tank at around 80mph and have most cars going past you.. having said that around the twistys it was quite good fun... I guess they are cheap here compared to the price elsewhere in Europe and US etc.... put 1500kms on it... paid a tenner a day rental....now thats value

Rode a CBR 250 chiang mai to chumphae return.. Not as much fun as I thought It woud be..Firstly I think its too small for anyone over 6 foot...to get up to decent speeds you cant tuck in under the screen. Plus who wants to be laying on the tank at around 80mph and have most cars going past you.. having said that around the twistys it was quite good fun... I guess they are cheap here compared to the price elsewhere in Europe and US etc.... put 1500kms on it... paid a tenner a day rental....now thats value

Humm, I did the Chiang Mai to Chumphae trip about, oh, 5-6 months back on my new 150 and had a blast. Ran 125-130kph (77-80 mph), sometimes up to 135kph (83mph) most of the way, except in the mountains, of course. BUT! I'm also only 5'8" (173cm) and have the touring windscreen on, so much easier for me to duck down.

:jap:

Sure it is- For anyone who wants a real CBR Red Baron's got a brand new US Spec 2011 Honda CBR 600RR for 548k Baht:

110829-0000561.jpg

Sure it is- For anyone who wants a real CBR Red Baron's got a brand new US Spec 2011 Honda CBR 600RR for 548k Baht:

110829-0000561.jpg

Out of curiosity, do the Red Baron bikes come with a proper green book and plates? How do they get past the Thai emissions regulations?

110829-0000561.jpg

Out of curiosity, do the Red Baron bikes come with a proper green book and plates? How do they get past the Thai emissions regulations?

Price includes green book and plate. They pass emissions by making extensive modifications to the bikes prior to testing.

110829-0000561.jpg

Price includes green book and plate. They pass emissions by making extensive modifications to the bikes prior to testing.

I am no expert on Thai emissions testing, but surely the U.S.A. standards are higher than what is required here? huh.gif

110829-0000561.jpg

I am no expert on Thai emissions testing, but surely the U.S.A. standards are higher than what is required here? huh.gif

Nope.

Only cleaner running California spec bikes stand a chance or passing the rather ludicrous Thai emissions test...

Silly I know, but TiT :rolleyes:

I have heard rumors, but they are just that, rumors. Dealers don't usually know about a new bike until the official launch date. We don't get info any earlier than the general public. I sure hope they come out with a 400 though.

I have heard rumors, but they are just that, rumors. Dealers don't usually know about a new bike until the official launch date. We don't get info any earlier than the general public. I sure hope they come out with a 400 though.

I thought that might be the case, as if we all remember, there was practically ZIP from AP Honda on the 250 until just prior to it being shipped to dealers. Even direct inquiries to them did no good, other than the standard: "We are preparing some new products to be available soon." So it looks like we all play the "wait & see" game again. Personally, I think a 400 would be a perfect bike for LOS. Still light/small enough to handle in city traffic without too much problem, but a lot more zip on the highways than the 250. Anyway, I'm sure if you do hear anything, you'll let us all know.

Thanks

I thought that might be the case, as if we all remember, there was practically ZIP from AP Honda on the 250 until just prior to it being shipped to dealers. Even direct inquiries to them did no good, other than the standard: "We are preparing some new products to be available soon." So it looks like we all play the "wait & see" game again. Personally, I think a 400 would be a perfect bike for LOS. Still light/small enough to handle in city traffic without too much problem, but a lot more zip on the highways than the 250. Anyway, I'm sure if you do hear anything, you'll let us all know.

Thanks

Why wait for a Honda 400 that may or may not arrive any time soon when you can get a Kwacker 650 NOW that weighs about 6Kg more than the current CB400 but stomps all over the overweight underpowered Honda?

Thanks

Why wait for a Honda 400 that may or may not arrive any time soon when you can get a Kwacker 650 NOW that weighs about 6Kg more than the current CB400 but stomps all over the overweight underpowered Honda?

Had the er6f back in the States. Loved it on the highway, NOT so much in the city. If I just wanted something for the highway & road trips, I'd go that way, but I need something that's also versatile and manageable in the city as well. Also, despite the fact that most people think I look a whole lot younger, I'm 62 now, not 22, or 32, or 42, and my "need for speed" overall isn't as great as it once was. So I'll wait and see what Honda does or doesn't do in regards to a 400. If they do, I'll probably go that way. If they don't, I'll be happy with a 250. We all have our personal preferences, and those are mine.

Had the er6f back in the States. Loved it on the highway, NOT so much in the city. If I just wanted something for the highway & road trips, I'd go that way, but I need something that's also versatile and manageable in the city as well. Also, despite the fact that most people think I look a whole lot younger, I'm 62 now, not 22, or 32, or 42, and my "need for speed" overall isn't as great as it once was. So I'll wait and see what Honda does or doesn't do in regards to a 400. If they do, I'll probably go that way. If they don't, I'll be happy with a 250. We all have our personal preferences, and those are mine.

I've had a CB1, a Vespa (1970) a CBR250 and now a 650F in Thailand and overall the 650f comes out on top but I did love the 13k kh I did on the little CBR ;-)

Planning on buying a cbr 250 next week, went to a dealer in Phuket town and was a little short of the total cash price, dealer was happy to finance with 65% down, 52% interest, and a Thai co-signer. Told him to toss himself. Greedy people are also stupid people who lose money...

Planning on buying a cbr 250 next week, went to a dealer in Phuket town and was a little short of the total cash price, dealer was happy to finance with 65% down, 52% interest, and a Thai co-signer. Told him to toss himself. Greedy people are also stupid people who lose money...

52% interest!!! Isn't there a legal limit in Thailand?

Get your self a Kwaka 250. Dearer I know, but it seems to be the better choice.

Hey newf,

Any info from API-Tech about their CDI?

I've got the ECM on my bike now but need to do some tuning and replace the exhaust. I'm just checking out the cost to get the bike fully setup before I take it back to the track.

Cool, I just saw the Bazzaz Z-Fi is available in the states for $309, will be interesting to see what the API does. From reviews it seems that this is a more effective mod than just changing the pipe.

I prefer the bazzaz with auto tune but can't use it in moto3 unless they change the rules. API should do the trick as long as u have the right exhaust, which I don't right now.

Newf.

There is a post on gt-rider where a guy changes the fork springs on his CBR by using some from a 250 ninja. He says they are the same size but with a different spring rate. Apparently they cost 135 baht each. He also put 350ml in each leg rather than 331 and used 10 weight oil. He said it makes a big difference to the handling and the ability to soak up the bumps.

Newf.

There is a post on gt-rider where a guy changes the fork springs on his CBR by using some from a 250 ninja. He says they are the same size but with a different spring rate. Apparently they cost 135 baht each. He also put 350ml in each leg rather than 331 and used 10 weight oil. He said it makes a big difference to the handling and the ability to soak up the bumps.

I read that also, I actually didn't find the suspension too bad at BIRA, I'm sure it can get alot better but I was still taking maxima at BIRA wide open. I just need more power first..!!!!!