Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a few days of mini-touring with the Honda Touring screen and it makes a difference as you get past 100kph. Was mainly cruising at an indicated 150kph for an hour or two at a time and it feels really comfortable as it deflects the air off your body. Took her up to an indicated 161kph without too much effort, with both a full tank bag on the tank and a backpack tied onto the rear.

Just a quick note on something that's been mentioned a lot, the stability and security of it at such speeds is still surprising. With the throttle pinned it just glides along endlessly without one feeling of instability, shakiness or anything else that might usually happen when maxing out a vehicle.

Great stuff.

Edited by hehehoho

What shop has the lowest sale price right now? Not looking for any extras added as I plan to only race it. Anywhere within an hour or two of Bangkok is fine. I can pick up the non-ABS for 105,000 and ABS for 120,000 baht near where I work. Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Does anyone have any experience with importing a Thai CBR 250R into the US after using it in Thailand? I've spoken with Honda America, but they are not too interested in assisting someone purchasing a bike outside of their region (for good reason).

I would love to buy one to ride around Thailand while here on holiday, then bring it back with me when the fun is over.

umm well.. i suppose if you can confirm that it is a US spec bike and get that in writing then it's NOT impossible..BUT how long are you here for?

if for 6 months or so buy one then sell it again before you leave. if only for a month , rent one.

They are pretty much the same price in the US as they are here.

What shop has the lowest sale price right now? Not looking for any extras added as I plan to only race it. Anywhere within an hour or two of Bangkok is fine. I can pick up the non-ABS for 105,000 and ABS for 120,000 baht near where I work. Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

I saw a non-ABS model for 99,000 baht in Hua Hin yesterday. At another shop it was 105,000 and at the main Honda dealer it was 120,000 baht,(both non-ABS also).

Edited by alleykat

Nice one. Will be great to see what you think of it on the track. The Kawa boys aren't taking the 4-0 spanking the CBR250R gave them in the CMRA race series in the states very well.

Presumably you'll be doing the race upgrades that your mates in Moto3 are doing. Will be good to see you upgrading from the Er-6n. :)

Edited by hehehoho

Nice one. Will be great to see what you think of it on the track. The Kawa boys aren't taking the 4-0 spanking the CBR250R gave them in the CMRA race series in the states very well.

Presumably you'll be doing the race upgrades that your mates in Moto3 are doing. Will be good to see you upgrading from the Er-6n. :)

I don't think i'll be as fast as i am currently on the ER6, but it will be fun to race against all the top riders in Thailand. I'll probably do a few mods myself at first and try racing it in the 250/400 class to see how it goes, then get the good upgrades (YSS suspension, Shave the heads) before i try moto3.

Hi,

I just happened to see a CBR250 at a Honda dealer here in Khon Kaen some days ago, and I got interested and may want to upgrade from my Honda 125 PGM-FI.

I like the red color of the CBR, but here in town I have only seen the black one, and all dealers say, oh, cannot order a red one !

Prices vary a lot. Most of the bikes seen are with ABS, which I would prefer, prices from 117,500 - to 140,000 Baht.

One without ABS was 130,000 Baht !

I did not ask for extras, I just asked for the price.

Is it possible to get a red CBR250 anywhere, it seems the thais just love the black one ?

How about the ABS system, is it worth the extra money ?

Hi,

I just happened to see a CBR250 at a Honda dealer here in Khon Kaen some days ago, and I got interested and may want to upgrade from my Honda 125 PGM-FI.

I like the red color of the CBR, but here in town I have only seen the black one, and all dealers say, oh, cannot order a red one !

Prices vary a lot. Most of the bikes seen are with ABS, which I would prefer, prices from 117,500 - to 140,000 Baht.

Is it possible to get a red CBR250 anywhere, it seems the thais just love the black one ?

Come to Chiang Mai. I can take you to 3 different dealers that have EVERY color available. All Black / Black & Silver / All Red / Red & Silver / Metallic Gray. ABS & Non ABS. Price for Non is averaging 115k, ABS 129.

Is ABS worth the extra? YES!!!!! At least in my opinion.

I'm going with this one:

post-82655-0-31623400-1320724715_thumb.j

ALL CBR decals will be removed, and on either side of the front will be this:

post-82655-0-37587700-1320724802_thumb.p

Hey, I'm a Retired Jarhead, so what else would go on there???

:whistling:

Edited by Just1Voice

Of course they can order a red one for you. Problem is they want to sell the black one first! Hence the bs answer.

Exactly.

In Mukdahan, they have all of the color combos (except all black). Prices I've been quoted range from 105k - 110k non-abs, 115k - 120k for abs. Pays to shop around and let the dealers bid against each other.

Hi,

Come to Chiang Mai. I can take you to 3 different dealers that have EVERY color available. All Black / Black & Silver / All Red / Red & Silver / Metallic Gray. ABS & Non ABS. Price for Non is averaging 115k, ABS 129.

I'm going with this one:

Swap the silver bits for red ones or paint them over maybe?

You could get an engraved bronze USMC seal or a faux bronze plastic badge instead of just a colored vinyl decal.

Incidentally, has anyone seen a tri-color variant for sale in Thailand? A friend from Boston was trying to get one here for when he settles for good in Chiang Mai (probably late next year)...

Yesterday, I saw an all-black one parked a few meters from Tesco Mae Malai, a teenager was sitting on it, acting all cool. As I passed by, the kid sort of jumped from the seat and straightened out like a lizard with it's tail just cut. I couldn't help but smile as I thought that he probably thought I was the owner of the bike... I was also glad my decision not to take my own bike out but rather, take up a colleague's offer to go with her in her car, was sort of justified.:D

Edited by RED21

Hi,

I'm going with this one:

You could get an engraved bronze USMC seal or a faux bronze plastic badge instead of just a colored vinyl decal.

Incidentally, has anyone seen a tri-color variant for sale in Thailand? A friend from Boston was trying to get one here for when he settles for good in Chiang Mai (probably late next year)...

Yesterday, I saw an all-black one parked a few meters from Tesco Mae Malai, a teenager was sitting on it, acting all cool. As I passed by, the kid sort of jumped from the seat and straightened out like a lizard with it's tail just cut. I couldn't help but smile as I thought that he probably thought I was the owner of the bike... I was also glad my decision not to take my own bike out but rather, take up a colleague's offer to go with her in her car, was sort of justified.:D

What I've seriously considered, and am still doing so, is painting the whole thing with the same paint scheme as my 150. Then that decal, which will be as large as I can get it, would definitely stand out. I love the color scheme of my tri-color now. With it, the jacket and matching helmet, I still get people staring at it. There's a very good paint shop in Bosang where I've taken my car a couple of times for insurance claim paint and they do a great job. If...IF...I decided to paint this one the same as my 150, I'd just print out the photos I have, hand those to them and tell me - "Call me when your done."

Hi,

I'm going with this one:

What I've seriously considered, and am still doing so, is painting the whole thing with the same paint scheme as my 150. Then that decal, which will be as large as I can get it, would definitely stand out. I love the color scheme of my tri-color now. With it, the jacket and matching helmet, I still get people staring at it. There's a very good paint shop in Bosang where I've taken my car a couple of times for insurance claim paint and they do a great job. If...IF...I decided to paint this one the same as my 150, I'd just print out the photos I have, hand those to them and tell me - "Call me when your done."

Why paint it when you can order the parts to make that colour from the 150.. my 250 went all black using 150 parts.

Why paint it when you can order the parts to make that colour from the 150.. my 250 went all black using 150 parts.

Talked to wife's friend at Honda Niyom Panich, who then called Honda. No can do. The fairings and 250 fuel tank don't come in white, unless custom ordered, and that would cost a BUNCH more than it would cost me to get painted here.

Besides, I'd change to a Pearl red and Pearl white, instead of the factory paints.

:jap:

Of course they can order a red one for you. Problem is they want to sell the black one first! Hence the bs answer.

Exactly.

In Mukdahan, they have all of the color combos (except all black). Prices I've been quoted range from 105k - 110k non-abs, 115k - 120k for abs. Pays to shop around and let the dealers bid against each other.

That sounds interesting. As far as I know, Khon Kaen is a much bigger city than Mukdahan, so one should expect more choices to be available here, but ok, that's the way it is.

Anyway, if you happen to have any telephone numbers for Honda dealers in Mukdahan, that have the red CBR250 ABS in stock, please send me the info in a PM, I might go there to pick one up instead of waiting for one to arrive here in Khon Kaen.

North.

2012 model.

Guys saying that the US have announced that the 2012 will be released in the Spring. No changes other than that the Tri-Colour will be available (US).

Interesting. This the Tri Color for the U.S. 250, which is the exact same paint scheme as the 150 in the U.S.

post-82655-0-89033100-1320883095_thumb.j

This is the Tri Color for the Thailand 150, but they haven't said anything about a 250 yet with this paint scheme, which I actually like better.

post-82655-0-62555900-1320883158_thumb.j

I would be highly upset if I buy the red/silver 250, have it completely repainted to match my 150 tricolor, and then in a few months Honda comes out with one with the same paint scheme. Or, maybe not, since I want to do mine in Pearl whites & reds.

I saw a 250 painted those colours last week in Minburi. The same as the 150 here but with a blue nose and red front fender. It didn't have any of the decals but a very well painted racing strip going along the top of the white tank.

It looked very, very nice.

Took a peek at Honda Europe's Virtual Press Office, no news on the 2012 CBR250R-fi (not even for new color schemes). There are some new pictures of the 2012 CBR125R-fi.

post-118861-0-26117800-1320894588_thumb.

post-118861-0-78107100-1320894618_thumb.

Seeing as the color schemes between the three small CBRs (125,150, 250) have more or less been similar there might be one in "Repsol" colors next year (especially since their winning in MotoGP).