Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Piss off, wanke_r! How's that?

Pretty good you old tosser :-)

Careful you don't ask Brian how many fags he gets through in a day.

Once on a construction site in Boston, a guy asked me if he could pinch a fag. I nearly punched him out.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piss off, wanke_r! How's that?

Pretty good you old tosser :-)

Careful you don't ask Brian how many fags he gets through in a day.

Once on a construction site in Boston, a guy asked me if he could pinch a fag. I nearly punched him out.

What? Brian's a chutney ferret???

Going back to what Dakling said, without copying the whole post, when I do buy the 250 (December or so - maybe sooner), most of the changes I plan to make are pretty much "cosmetic", and not really related to the horsepower, which is fine for my purposes. If I really wanted more "umph", I'd go buy another er6f, like I had back in the States, keeping the 150 for my "city driving". Ok, that's providing that such a purchase wouldn't lead to an immediate filing of divorce from my lovely wife. A 250 she has no problems with, and actually loves the black w/silver trim and wants me to get that. But a 650? Maybe if I buy her a new Ford Fiesta first. But then I'm broke again. Oh, well, 6 of one, half a dozen of another.

Back to the 250. My only real reasons for going with it would be the added hp and torque it will give me for my road trips, which I love to do. The 150 is great for them, and I have no problem going anywhere on it, and having fun, but the bigger brother (or sister, depending on your outlook) would be a little better for that. But I'm in no hurry. As I said previously, maybe a Christmas present for me, from me.

No doubt there are some after market mods in the works that will increase power/performance of the 250, and for those who want to go that way, great. But other than the changes I noted previously in another post, mine will pretty much stay "stock" in regards to power & performance.

But that's just me.

:jap:

Edited by Just1Voice

Ok, back to the CBR. We now have gas tank mounted ashtrays in stock for only 99 baht.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I know!! 99bht What a steal!!!!

But only a cock jockey would offer it without the matching cup holder and phone mount :-)

Can someone help? I really want to buy the CBR250R (without ABS). But what price is acceptable : 100,000, 110,000, 115,000, or 120,000? I have seen so many different prices I am thoroughly confused.

Also, where is the best place to buy???

Thanks

J

Edited by jonnog

I paid 99k bht for mine from Chumphon Honda.

Two of my local dealers in Kanchanaburi quoted 120k and 140k with a two month waiting list.

Another dealer in nearby Tha Ruea quoted 105k over the phone and then added 10k to the price when I went to pick it up and they saw the farang!

Pay what you think it's worth to you.

For me the trip down to Chumphon was worth it. They had three in stock to choose from and it was a nice day out with friends too.

I feel I may have started something I regret here.

Back on topic did you find anything out about the Tsukigi Brian?

No, I'll try and get down there today.

I just spoke with the shop down the road that sells Tsukigi. They said that they are out of stock, but they will have more in two weeks. When they arrive, their sales rep is going to pay us a visit. When they do, I'll try and get one of their exhausts to test.

Edited by SumetCycle

Can someone help? I really want to buy the CBR250R (without ABS). But what price is acceptable : 100,000, 110,000, 115,000, or 120,000? I have seen so many different prices I am thoroughly confused.

Thanks

J

Doesn't matter where you buy as you can get good service anywhere.

I paid 108k early Dec. with all the extras thrown in and I was happy.

For 100 - 105 ish everyone will give you a noddy Honda helmet and a nylon jacket and most should include an HJC full face value? 5k?

Some want more but include first class insurance. Value? 6k??

Could go second hand for about 90k

Has Hili sold hers already???

Thanks

J

Doesn't matter where you buy as you can get good service anywhere.

I paid 108k early Dec. with all the extras thrown in and I was happy.

For 100 - 105 ish everyone will give you a noddy Honda helmet and a nylon jacket and most should include an HJC full face value? 5k?

Some want more but include first class insurance. Value? 6k??

Could go second hand for about 90k

Has Hili sold hers already???

Not yet but someone is in the queue. Can msg me anyway if intressted

I think I read somewhere on the DBS site that some of the local slip ons would gain maybe 1-2 hp and the full sytems he usually makes aim for a 5-6hp gain.

I would be very skeptical about those claims. Those kind of gains would be achievable on an a liter bike but I can't believe you would ever see them on a 250. 1-2 hp is approx a 3-7% power gain, 5-6 would be a 20-25% power gain. Unless they have the exhaust funneled to work like a jet propulsion system your never gonna see that. I would think you would be more likely to see a 0-2% gain from a slip on and a 1-5% gain from a full system. Re-programing the EFI system with a "power commander" or similar tool would likely get you closer to the upper ends of those ranges and simply resetting the ECU (or not bothering), would keep you at the lower end of the ranges.

I don't know if the engine can accept a big bore or a stroke kit but that is what I would wait for if I was gonna try make more power. Otherwise I would just go with the slip-on for the weight and appearance gains, not big on loud exhaust myself. Granted my old VFR800FI (pre-Vtech) had a beautiful over-fueled burbling exhaust note when you would cut the throttle for a low speed corner. Made it kinda sound like a mini over muscle car with a hot cam.

Has anyone heard of any bore kits available for a CBR 250 yet?

hi everyone, i wonder, other than

- faddybike.com

- tyga.com

where other sites that provide sales & shipping, coz basically im not living in thailand, n i do own a cbr,thx

Edited by app

google this: CBR250R-2011-Temp manual

Someone from India took pictures of the manual, but not 100% yet. It does have 186 pages though, its a humongous download though since its all images.

Edited by KRS1

Bought the large Honda tank bag today, 900b and must say it's a great buy, and great quality.

Where did you get that hhhh?

Any pics?

Honda dealer. The small is really quite small, but would be handy for small items and a phone GPS, or one that's vertical. My GPS is landscape and not portrait so wouldn't in it correctly.

For only 200+thb more the large bag is great. Unzip it to it's full size and the missus' helmet fit right in no problem at all on top of the tank. Is great quality, and heard it's been tested by members here up to 160kph.

Will put up some pics of that and my GPS suctioned to the CBR's windscreen in the next few days.

- faddybike.com

- tyga.com

where other sites that provide sales & shipping, coz basically im not living in thailand, n i do own a cbr,thx

A few shops like:

K-Speed.

X-Speed.

Bikers.

KD Racing.

Have a lot of products for the CBR.

Not sure how they are about exporting though.

Google should help you find their websites, and you might have to put them through google translate.

- faddybike.com

- tyga.com

send this guy an email : info at jetsetracing dot com, this is one of the major suppliers for aftermarket parts for the cbr 125/150 and soon to be cbr 250. From what i understand he also supplies somethings to faddybike and is involved in the thai race circuit having access to a lot of things not normally available for race purposes to the public.

Garmin Nuvi 1250 GPS suckered onto the windscreen.

sany0004r.jpg

I've since had it wired up to the battery. Sumet Honda did a great job of it in fairness.

And the large Honda tank bag, one of those things that you wonder how you got by without one once you get used to having it.

Is a great piece of kit, and got to fully test the rain cover for it that's attached to a little pouch on it..... I couldn't have been wetter if I'd jumped into the pool by the time I got home, and the bag, it was bone dry underneath.

sany0013x.jpg

Stuck my helmet in there and it slipped right in barely touching the sides, and with more room available, to give an example of just how much will fit into it:

sany0007gi.jpg