Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

i hope it is just checking the spark plug but it looks more that that to me.

Anyway, guys, it stalled two times in 13,500 km so it is still OK but let's see if it will stall again or not.

The reason people are asking about your plug is not that they think the plug is bad. The plug is an indicator for other issues. It could be your engine is running too lean (most likely scenario) or too rich. Either way it can cause a stumble. The too lean situation is more likely because modern bikes are 'jetted' (controlled by the ECU unless you get a stone-age bike like the US spec Ninja 250) towards the lean side. If it is running too lean you are going to have to enrichen it.

Keep trollin' Dave- even the ancient carb'd US Spec Ninjette easily outruns the fancy new Honda CB'r' thumper. smile.png

Two fifty races held in the States suggest otherwise.....but putting that aside are you claiming that carb'd bikes are as advanced technologically as fuel injected? I.E., is my statement trollish or false in anyways?

If not, I am sorry you woo-woo is hurting that people who set bikes up for a living race against other marquees and win with their CBR. I would also be careful throwing the word troll around; for someone who obviously disdains the CBR 250R and has offered few to no helpful posts in this thread, you sure do have a lot of posts in this thread (6% of total number or 4th highest poster).

**edit**

I would also like you to back up your claims. Every single time I've asked for your proof that the FI Ninja is better (indicated in post I replied to by you using 'even' as if the FI was stronger) or stronger in the HP department you go strangely silent. How 'bout you put up or shut up as they say in the States?

Bro, I could give a rats arse as I don't own either bike but do you really want me to start digging up all the reviews and dyno charts that clearly show that the high revving Ninjette twin has a a clear power advantage over the low revving Honda CB'r' thumper?

I think it's pathetic that Honda's brand new 250 can't keep up with the old Kwacker 250 that's been around since the 1980's.

Haven't we already covered these facts ad nauseum in the Ninja vs CB'r' thread? Why do you want to re-hash it again here? beatdeadhorse.gif

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason people are asking about your plug is not that they think the plug is bad. The plug is an indicator for other issues. It could be your engine is running too lean (most likely scenario) or too rich. Either way it can cause a stumble. The too lean situation is more likely because modern bikes are 'jetted' (controlled by the ECU unless you get a stone-age bike like the US spec Ninja 250) towards the lean side. If it is running too lean you are going to have to enrichen it.

Keep trollin' Dave- even the ancient carb'd US Spec Ninjette easily outruns the fancy new Honda CB'r' thumper. smile.png

Two fifty races held in the States suggest otherwise.....but putting that aside are you claiming that carb'd bikes are as advanced technologically as fuel injected? I.E., is my statement trollish or false in anyways?

If not, I am sorry you woo-woo is hurting that people who set bikes up for a living race against other marquees and win with their CBR. I would also be careful throwing the word troll around; for someone who obviously disdains the CBR 250R and has offered few to no helpful posts in this thread, you sure do have a lot of posts in this thread (6% of total number or 4th highest poster).

**edit**

I would also like you to back up your claims. Every single time I've asked for your proof that the FI Ninja is better (indicated in post I replied to by you using 'even' as if the FI was stronger) or stronger in the HP department you go strangely silent. How 'bout you put up or shut up as they say in the States?

Bro, I could give a rats arse as I don't own either bike but do you really want me to start digging up all the reviews and dyno charts that clearly show that the high revving Ninjette twin has a a clear power advantage over the low revving Honda CB'r' thumper?

I think it's pathetic that Honda's brand new 250 can't keep up with the old Kwacker 250 that's been around since the 1980's.

Haven't we already covered these facts ad nauseum in the Ninja vs CB'r' thread? Why do you want to re-hash it again here? beatdeadhorse.gif

bigbikebkk,

You wanted to bring up the comparison; why won't you answer either of the simple questions? Is the FI Ninja better than the carb'd version as you have claimed? Isn't it odd that for as much as you like to thread crap real life shows that in a race enviroment, where you claim the Ninja is better, the CBR upstages it?

I want to apologise once again for hurting your feelings by pointing out that in select countries Kawasaki offers their Ninja as less advanced models utilising fuel injection and you feel the need to jump into a thread to defend Kawasaki's honour at a supposed insult. But if you keeping pushing your opinion enough, maybe somebody will buy it! Don't bother with backing up your claims, just go silent again for a while when called on it and try again.

If you want me to send you some Midol to get over it I'll gladly post it.

**edit**

bigbikebkk,

You wanted to bring up the comparison; why won't you answer either of the simple questions? Is the FI Ninja better than the carb'd version as you have claimed? Isn't it odd that for as much as you like to thread crap real life shows that in a race enviroment, where you claim the Ninja is better, the CBR upstages it?

I want to apologise once again for hurting your feelings by pointing out that in select countries Kawasaki offers their Ninja as less advanced models utilising fuel injection and you feel the need to jump into a thread to defend Kawasaki's honour at a supposed insult. But if you keeping pushing your opinion enough, maybe somebody will buy it! Don't bother with backing up your claims, just go silent again for a while when called on it and try again.

Hmmmm Dave, I'm starting to wonder about you bro- all those pink bikes and a supply of Midol too??? giggle.gif

Just because I crap on on a couple shitty models in the Honda line-up (the CB'r' 250 and the NC700) you seem to think I hate Honda, which is so wrong it's laughable. I'll be picking up my new Honda motorcycle in just over a month and can't wait! clap2.gif You'll see my new Honda on this forum soon enough. laugh.png Rest assured it won't be a CB'r' 250 though! bah.gif

Where did I claim the FI Ninjette is "better" than the carb'd version? And what's your definition of "better" anyway?

BTW, have you even ridden a CB'r' 250 yet? I have ridden a couple. I was not impressed. sick.gif

bigbikebkk,

Hmmmm Dave, I'm starting to wonder about you bro- all those pink bikes and a supply of Midol too??? giggle.gif

Just because I crap on on a couple shitty models in the Honda line-up (the CB'r' 250 and the NC700) you seem to think I hate Honda, which is so wrong it's laughable. I'll be picking up my new Honda motorcycle in just over a month and can't wait! clap2.gif You'll see my new Honda on this forum soon enough. laugh.png Rest assured it won't be a CB'r' 250 though! bah.gif

Where did I claim the FI Ninjette is "better" than the carb'd version? And what's your definition of "better" anyway?

BTW, have you even ridden a CB'r' 250 yet? I have ridden a couple. I was not impressed. sick.gif

Why should anyone hate Honda? But you obviously hate the fact that the most successful motorbike in Thailand nowadays isn't a Kawasaki. One could think you make your living with Kawasaki, somehow.

You would think that I should be surprised that for someone who lives on leaving not so subtle emoticons and openly questioning boardmember's sexuality to profess they do not understand returned digs but I am. However we are talking about your projected intelligence level dude...

Since I was dumbing down the post for your consumption, I was using the HP model of 'better' which you claimed here (unrestricted compared to the Euro version...never made sense as the Thai model has stricter emissions controls imposed) and here (where you claimed the Thai model made 5,8 HP more) and here (where you claimed "upgrades the fueling of the US Ninjette I think team green will re-take the lead"...perhaps you want to claim you were talking about fuel economy?) and finally (because I'm tired of calling you on your crap) here.

Back on subject; for all CBR 250R owners, RaceTech now offers Fork Springs and Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator Kits. A bit pricey at 4000 and 5400 THB respectively, upgrading your fork springs is usually a good idea for those of us who are heftier or push their bikes harder. I got the Ninja version and it really improved my confidence in the bike.

You would think that I should be surprised that for someone who lives on leaving not so subtle emoticons and openly questioning boardmember's sexuality to profess they do not understand returned digs but I am. However we are talking about your projected intelligence level dude...

Since I was dumbing down the post for your consumption, I was using the HP model of 'better' which you claimed here (unrestricted compared to the Euro version...never made sense as the Thai model has stricter emissions controls imposed) and here (where you claimed the Thai model made 5,8 HP more) and here (where you claimed "upgrades the fueling of the US Ninjette I think team green will re-take the lead"...perhaps you want to claim you were talking about fuel economy?) and finally (because I'm tired of calling you on your crap) here.

You are being so obtuse and misquoting me so badly that I think it best I just ignore you. I never said the Thai Ninjette makes 5.8Hp more. You just made that up. Surely you are aware that HP at the crank is not the same as HP at the wheel right Dave? Hope you can keep your Ninjette shiny side up and Ride On! Nite! (-_-)Zzzz

You are being so obtuse and misquoting me so badly that I think it best I just ignore you. I never said the Thai Ninjette makes 5.8Hp more. You just made that up. Surely you are aware that HP at the crank is not the same as HP at the wheel right Dave? Hope you can keep your Ninjette shiny side up and Ride On! Nite! (sleep.png)Zzzz

You never made that distinction you were speaking of BHP in that post did you? The fact that you resort to claiming I 'just made that up' when the post is linked right there in my reply speaks volumes to your veracity, understanding what you wrote ("Horsepower 27.2 hp"...."The Thai FI Ninja 250R cranks out 33HP") or memory. Also convenient you ignore you other posts which can not be so readily 'explained away'. I want to apologise to you again; apparently I have not dumbed it down enough (!) and appear obtuse to you. Perhaps simpler posts will work?

Good night Tony, you need your rest for your next day of trolling and saving up your energy so you don't get heatstroke again.

And by-the-way, no matter who it is, if someone posts crap I will call them on it whether it's richard, you, or anyone else.

oh man...pissing match again.

Big bike bkk, i really wonder which Honda you will choose? a crf l or i hope you go for a vfr 1200?

By the way, i will be sure on spark plug as i am a hard working corporate man and i do not have any time to check the spark plug by myself but this time, i will check it out at the mechanic with my own eyes.

At the risk of sounding a total knob how much of the plastic has to be removed to take off the fuel tank?

Bike deserves a deep clean and I want to remove the tank to get in all the knooks and crannies.

Sounds stupid but this afternoon I could just not remove the front tank cover even after removing the two allen bolts either side. Am I missing something?

Thanks for reading, Andy.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

guys guys, today my bike stalled first time in its life.

i was going slow around 30 km but i applied 80 percent throttle to 50km to pass a car in a thigh situation and then it stalled.

I think the culprit is the aftermarket exhaust as it stopped one more time before during a hard throttle when the engine is cold during the first ignition of the day in the morning.

Why is that man?

Thanks for your suggestions.

A lot of folks have reported unexplained stalls on this bike, but so far there doesn't seem to be a fix from Honda... Really dangerous for noob riders. Oh well, sometimes you get what you pay for... passifier.gif

[media=]

[/media]

that is definite: you get what you paid for but i experience stall in many bikes in my life some of them are expensive.

And, yes, it might be dangerous but for all riders bigbikebkk not only for newbies.

but, let's try to be constructive here man. All of us are riders first regardless of the brand of our bikes, right? I am sure you have XP to add something on this.

Most of the CB'r' 250 stalls I've read about occur at zero throttle, which can usually be solved simply by increasing the idle speed adjustment.

But it sounds like your bike stalled while you were accelerating, with throttle open? That is just bizarre and should not occur under any circumstances on a new bike. Could be any number of problems- faulty fuel pump, faulty throttle position sensor, some random short in your ignition system, bad coil, a faulty tip sensor, etc etc.

You'd need to give us a lot more information before we can narrow down the possible causes for your stall.

Completely stock bike stalled yesterday for the first time. Sitting, stopped, waiting for a traffic signal to change and when it did, the bike just stalled. I turned the key off and back on and it started and took off normally. My idle speed is fine.and I always get my gasoline at the same place since I bought the bike. This is my first FI MC so I cannot compare it to other bikes I've owned.bah.gif

Completely stock bike stalled yesterday for the first time. Sitting, stopped, waiting for a traffic signal to change and when it did, the bike just stalled. I turned the key off and back on and it started and took off normally. My idle speed is fine.and I always get my gasoline at the same place since I bought the bike. This is my first FI MC so I cannot compare it to other bikes I've owned.bah.gif

It stalled when you pulled the clutch? Or when you pulled the throttle with gear engaged? Or you did nothing, gear in neutral, the enginge idled and suddenly it stalled?

Your post reads as if the stall was caused by the traffic light turning to green. Maybe the bike feared the crossing and wanted to wait a bit to avoid an accident. These CBRs are way too intelligent nowadays ;)

Just kidding. But to get to the cause of "the problem" one need precise descriptions what happened.

i was going slow around 30 km but i applied 80 percent throttle to 50km to pass a car in a thigh situation and then it stalled.

I think the culprit is the aftermarket exhaust as it stopped one more time before during a hard throttle when the engine is cold during the first ignition of the day in the morning.

Why is that man?

This makes me curious. Any other modifications you have done? Exhaust, Airfilter, FI and so on? Personally i never was a fan of FI and i guess i never will be.

@BigBikeBkk: No reason to blame Honda if people fumble and change things.

i have DNA air filter installed, use full synthetic oil and i do not have FI.

C'mon man, now you blame me on this stall? it is happening in stock form also, yes.

Its your fuel valve mounted underneath your gas tank. 200 baht.

Why is that man?

This makes me curious. Any other modifications you have done? Exhaust, Airfilter, FI and so on? Personally i never was a fan of FI and i guess i never will be.

@BigBikeBkk: No reason to blame Honda if people fumble and change things.

i have DNA air filter installed, use full synthetic oil and i do not have FI.

C'mon man, now you blame me on this stall? it is happening in stock form also, yes.

Its your fuel valve mounted underneath your gas tank. 200 baht.

KRS1.. I'm not saying your wrong but how do you know its that part?

Stalls are basically starvation of fuel,spark or air

If it is only stalling at a stop it could be as simple as idle being too low so

a momentary fuel starvation

If it is stalling while on the throttle again one of the three..... fuel,air,spark could be insufficient

If it is fuel or air restricted then you will be running lean & your plug will look white-ish

But to check the plug it is useless to check after a ride when you get home etc. As the low speed running at times on the way home will give a erroneous reading. You need to throttle it for a good couple of hundred yards going thru the gears....cut the engine coast to a stop & read the plug

Just my 2 cents wink.png YMMV

Edited by flying

It stalled when you pulled the clutch? Or when you pulled the throttle with gear engaged? Or you did nothing, gear in neutral, the enginge idled and suddenly it stalled?

Your post reads as if the stall was caused by the traffic light turning to green. Maybe the bike feared the crossing and wanted to wait a bit to avoid an accident. These CBRs are way too intelligent nowadays wink.png

Just kidding. But to get to the cause of "the problem" one need precise descriptions what happened.

Sorry. I was idling in traffic waiting for the light to change. When the light changed, I gave it a little throttle and before I could let out the clutch, it died.

The only time my bike stalls is when I start it from cold, if I give the throttle a twist it stalls, leaving it a minute to warm up results in no other problems!! is there a problem some where?

Yes kawa,

The same is happening to me sometime especially in a cooler morning.

What is it really? A problem?

anyone?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

The only time my bike stalls is when I start it from cold, if I give the throttle a twist it stalls, leaving it a minute to warm up results in no other problems!! is there a problem some where?

Yes kawa,

anyone?

fuel valve is going defective causing the bike to run lean. Edited by KRS1

Yes kawa,

anyone?

fuel valve is going defective causing the bike to run lean.

thanks krs1.

thanks for highlighting the problem

and what is the solution? just changing it, adjusting or what?

Yes kawa,

anyone?

fuel valve is going defective causing the bike to run lean.

thanks krs1.

thanks for highlighting the problem

and what is the solution? just changing it, adjusting or what?

I trust you realize KRS1 is just taking a wild guess.

Fuel valve? On a bike with no reserve tank?

Maybe he meant to say fuel pump?

Or maybe he's just taking the piss...

i was sure it was like a wild guess but i am not a motorbike expert anyway so if someone here is just guessing things just like shitting from the brain, it is a big problem really.

thread is getting lively but covered with shit sometime.

This has got to be one of the WORST reviews I've ever seen from motorcyclenews dot com coffee1.gif

But their conclusion that the Honda CB'r' 250 is "the bike that no one wants" did make me chuckle.giggle.gif

Enjoy!

[media=]

[/media]

Wow, what a BS. Comparing a GSX-R 600 with the CBR 250R.

Yes, a worse review as you mostly can not understand what the milksops are mumbling.

Edited by wantan

This has got to be one of the WORST reviews I've ever seen from motorcyclenews dot com coffee1.gif

But their conclusion that the Honda CB'r' 250 is "the bike that no one wants" did make me chuckle.giggle.gif

Enjoy!

[media=]

[/media]

Wow, what a BS. Comparing a GSX-R 600 with the CBR 250R.

Yes, a worse review as you mostly can not understand what the milksops are mumbling.

Yeah, a real 600cc sport bike vs a wannabe 250 thumper in sport bike plastics. What in the world were they thinking?! crazy.gif

^

can't really take any notice of mcn tests as the Honda is double the price over in the uk, if they were getting it for the thai price be a different story

Mcn did the same with the klx ,review said it was basically useless you obviously don't see tony posting that review up though.

^

can't really take any notice of mcn tests as the Honda is double the price over in the uk, if they were getting it for the thai price be a different story

Mcn did the same with the klx ,review said it was basically useless you obviously don't see tony posting that review up though.

Musta missed that one- why don't you post a link? :)

What's going on a mcn?! They used to be a pretty reputable publication. I've never seen a more inept review than the one I just shared...