Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my local Honda shop in CM now has an all black CBR250 without the silver trim and with mag wheels blacked....they also have one in the export tri colour paint

The black bike looks very good, I have the black and silver 250, I have changed the wheels to black looks so much better!!

I just bought my 2013 CBR 250 a few days ago.... So far it runs pretty good... will see how it is when i take it for a visa run to Cambodia in 10 days.. Are there any good bike shopes around to get a good strong lock? I live in Bkk...

Edited by thewug

Ok, I know different exhausts and pipes have been discussed ad nasuem on here, but I have one simple question. All I'm looking for is a good slip on that can give a better, deeper, sound. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Is there any "general consensus" as to which exhaust would be best for that?

Tom from Biohazard (in the US) usually has good prices and is happy to mark however you want (a used gift being sent to a Thai, with a Thai print out of the address taped on) in order to reduce the Thai extortion.

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but after a search I couldn't find anything.

I'm looking to upgrade some of the parts on my 250R.

I'm looking for a good online accessories shop, has anybody used or know of such a shop?

I want to change the front end to a more "street bike look", and have more of a sit up stance on the bike.

I would import into Thailand but I've learnt that the Thai customs are robbers bah.gif

Thanks,

Stefan

Ok, I know different exhausts and pipes have been discussed ad nasuem on here, but I have one simple question. All I'm looking for is a good slip on that can give a better, deeper, sound. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Is there any "general consensus" as to which exhaust would be best for that?

I just came across this video of a 'Growler' exhuast slip-on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFf2plb5HHw&feature=endscreen

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

has anyone seen or using this front fairing cowl for the CBR?

post-80555-0-88666700-1353483901_thumb.j

For all my trying I've only found the one guy whom seems to stock it.

He wants 5,500 for the pair.

I know they're not too expensive, but can't find them in any online shop.

Hey,

Nice.

Not that cheap though. As you can probably get a full set of OEM farings for that amount. I think I had to change both side pieces, the nose piece, and two pieces between the gas tank and side farings and it was around 6k.

Changing the 6 silver pieces to black pieces was around 3k.

But he's not dealing with Honda's economy of scale. biggrin.png

They look nice. I'd actually be interested in makin a street fighter out of mine. Just need those and a decent headlight.

Perhaps you don't even need those farings. smile.png

user4346pic122913503309.jpg

20120329-CBR250-Denpasar--a%25255B4%25255D.jpg

20120329-CBR250-Denpasar--e%25255B11%25255D.jpg

20120329-CBR250-Denpasar--b%25255B8%25255D.jpg

20120329-CBR250-Denpasar--c%25255B8%25255D.jpg

Edited by cbrer

Hey,

Nice.

Not that cheap though. As you can probably get a full set of OEM farings for that amount. I think I had to change both side pieces, the nose piece, and two pieces between the gas tank and side farings and it was around 6k.

They look nice. I'd actually be interested in makin a street fighter out of mine. Just need those and a decent headlight.

The bike is already stripped and waiting for me to take it to the spray shop.

I've gone for orange and black, IMHO they go the best together. Although I was so close to red and black.

The frame, gas tank, small back fairing pieces and the mud guards are going to be orange, everything else black.

I've already bought the head light off a 2011 Honda Sonic. I was looking around online for ages and finally spotted one. I think they look far better as the indicators are integrated into it.

The only thing I don't like is that radiator, I was thinking of spraying it black but gone off that idea since reading a couple of articles.

Getting decent fairings is turning into a nightmare though.

I like how the fairing in the picture goes behind the frame.

If anyone knows where to source these I'd be much appreciated.

Edited by stefan2519

I've gone for orange and black, IMHO they go the best together. Although I was so close to red and black.

The frame, gas tank, small back fairing pieces and the mud guards are going to be orange, everything else black.

I've already bought the head light off a 2011 Honda Sonic. I was looking around online for ages and finally spotted one. I think they look far better as the indicators are integrated into it.

The only thing I don't like is that radiator, I was thinking of spraying it black but gone off that idea since reading a couple of articles.

that sounds great.

Have you got an aftermarket muffler and downpipe?

You gonna keep the dash?

I'm almost never out of the city and would like to turn it into a cheap street-fighter. I think I'd only spray the radiator black and get a sonic head light. Dash gone as well.

I think it looks so good fared though (mine's all black with black rims/red rintape), it would be a shame to get rid of the good looking parts. :)

Hey,

Nice.

If anyone knows where to source these I'd be much appreciated.

haha Sonic headlight is what i used on my old Cbr250r (the real one mc19)

street fighting a bike is bloody hard if you aint got the tools..good luck.

that sounds great.

Have you got an aftermarket muffler and downpipe?

You gonna keep the dash?

I'm almost never out of the city and would like to turn it into a cheap street-fighter. I think I'd only spray the radiator black and get a sonic head light. Dash gone as well.

I think it looks so good fared though (mine's all black with black rims/red rintape), it would be a shame to get rid of the good looking parts. smile.png

No, as yet no aftermarket exhaust. Although I have been eyeing a short Bizumo up, but that can wait until after the build.

Yes, I'm going to keep the original dash. To buy anything close to the original and still maintaining all the use is 10K plus.

I like how they've used the dash in the picture above, they've used part of the plastic covering and cut it down, I will hopefully do something similar.

I helped the brother in law strip it down, you'd be surprised how much plastic is up front, a fair few kilos.

Hey thaicbr,

Yeah, I looked around for a couple of weeks, they seem to be really popular in the states. I was going to go for the 2 projector flat look, but I really want to hide the dash behind the light so went off that idea.

Luckily my brother in law is a Honda mechanic, and I roped in on the striping and putting back together. Although, this was the first time he'd taken a 250 apart before, he's done 150s before but never a 250, I thought they'd be about the same. He read the maintenance manual for a few days before we could start. He was pretty methodical on all the parts he was taking off, so I'm hoping when we put it back together there isn't a box of bits left over thumbsup.gif

Hey,

Those are done by Ride It. We are an authorized dealer and have those fairings for only 4,400. Send me a PM if interested.

Also, here is a link to their website. http://www.rideit.co.th/index.php Thanks.

Brian