Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jumped in and bought a used cbr250r with 9,000 km on the clock. Suggestions for a stainless full system that is Thai made? From what I gather, most of these aftermarket shops are selling Chinese made pipes...Also, I've got the infamous rattle. Any suggestions on solving that would be great as well :)

Jumped in and bought a used cbr250r with 9,000 km on the clock. Suggestions for a stainless full system that is Thai made? From what I gather, most of these aftermarket shops are selling Chinese made pipes...Also, I've got the infamous rattle. Any suggestions on solving that would be great as well :)

Tsukigi

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Jumped in and bought a used cbr250r with 9,000 km on the clock. Suggestions for a stainless full system that is Thai made? From what I gather, most of these aftermarket shops are selling Chinese made pipes...Also, I've got the infamous rattle. Any suggestions on solving that would be great as well smile.png

Fold up an atm receipt and wedge it between the top of the headlight assembly and the fairing on both sides.

Worked for me...but ghetto it is.

Make sure the chain is well lubed also, its vibration city if you dont.

• 4 weeks later...

I go to a big bike shop near my house every 1000 km and let them clean and lube the chain for 100 thb. They use good brands of cleaners and lube from abroad and i check their big bikes on sale while they are doing it so it is fun too.

It is a dirty job and i do not have time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I go to a big bike shop near my house every 1000 km and let them clean and lube the chain for 100 thb. They use good brands of cleaners and lube from abroad and i check their big bikes on sale while they are doing it so it is fun too.

It is a dirty job and i do not have time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Used WD40 to clean chain and Veloil lube. Unfortunately I put on too much lube and even after drying overnight there was lots of fling on my rim. Wondering if kerosene can be used to remove it? Does kerosene evaporate? will it damage the rim's finish? thanks

just leave it, your rims are going to get a lot dirtier than that !

next time bend the end of the straw about 45 degrees about an inch, it makes it easier to spray.

I use veloil too as it is widely available and it's true it does get flung off and makes a mess of the back wheel. If you can find some Castrol Chain Wax try it because it is very sticky and doesn't get thrown off the chain.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just a head's up. There's a 2 yr old CBR250 with 16k km on the clock on bahtsold for only 68k baht.

Very good price for a good little runabout.

There's also a fully legal 2003 Ducati 999 Testastretta for 290k and fully legal 2006 CBR600 for 205k, if you're looking for something with a bit of style.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been given a good trade-in offer for my 2 1/2 yr old CBR250, 60k kms, trading in for a new 2013 CBR250abs.

Mine's had a lot of niggling problems and is back in the shop about once a month to get some new part or another. It was bought on the day of release so was the very first batch ever made.

Trading it in is fine, but wasn't really planning on another CBR250. I doubt anyone has traded in an old one for a new one.

Anyone know if the newer models are less prone to parts-renewal-disease compared to the early models?

^ I thought it was a 650 that was planned. rolleyes.gif

I don't care about getting bigger cc. I'm a 100% city commuter nowadays and for the foreseeable future, unfortunately. Light n easy 250 is the most I need.

A trade-in on my 2010 with 60k km and the cash in my pocket for a brand new 2013 with ABS. Bloody tempting.

It's just that dam_n they don't half break easily.

^ I thought it was a 650 that was planned. rolleyes.gif

I don't care about getting bigger cc. I'm a 100% city commuter nowadays and for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

A trade-in on my 2010 with 60k km and the cash in my pocket for a brand new 2013 with ABS. Bloody tempting.

It's just that dam_n they don't half break easily.

300 is coming too wink.png

I wouldnt trade, seems like everything that would break down on you already has.

I think the modus operandi for the CBR 250 is to replace parts relatively often, to make up for the price difference in contrast to the Ninja 250.

Its a conspiracy ! Only on these cheap CBR series have I ever had cam chain tensioners fail, it's not like it's a hard design to get right.

What are they giving you on the trade in?

What are they giving you on the trade in?

That's the funny thing.

I dropped in yesterday and the manager (owner) took a look and said 80k (non-abs bought from them 2 1/2 yrs ago for 110k). Selling the 2013 abs for 120k. So 40k for the upgrade.

Went in today to finalize a few more details and he said he was on to 3 'markets' and quoted the value as 50k. 60k if it was abs. :D

No thanks. :D

I dropped in yesterday and the manager (owner) took a look and said 80k (non-abs bought from them 2 1/2 yrs ago for 110k). Selling the 2013 abs for 120k. So 40k for the upgrade.

Went in today to finalize a few more details and he said he was on to 3 'markets' and quoted the value as 50k. 60k if it was abs. biggrin.png

No thanks. biggrin.png

Jeez 30k in a day almost paid for the upgrade

TIT eh?

I thought the 1st class insurance were cheeky in listing its value at 55k a months ago. biggrin.png

They are like that

Even new bikes are valued quite low from the price you just paid

when you buy the 1st full coverage on a new bike

If I remember right the N250 full coverage said 135k the day I bought it sad.png

And yet they had no problem charging close to 10k for the policy sheesh

• 4 weeks later...

if any one is in the market for new tyres Michelin have just released some for the Cbr. Ninja 250 size bikes.

Michelin Pilot street..3,500b for the pair

http://www.saikourubber.com/index.php?page=showtopics&fn=view&id=47

Youtube test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZF0RbTGwts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Man6B6Bn064

I had the Pilot Sporty's, but they got slippery after 4k kilometers, even though there appeared to be plenty of tread left.

The Pilot street may be different , but I would take Diablos over Michelins since its a sure thing.

Archived