Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Just out of curiosity, I've been keeping up with the new "CBR" price situation here in CM. Both main dealers had 250 models; neither had a 150 to show today. One is asking 120,000 for the bigger bike, is vague about delivery, and wants 82,000 for the 150, but claims that orders for the smaller bike will be a long time in arriving.

The other dealer (near Airport Central Mall) showed me a price list (made up where? and who invented it?) that listed the 250 for 109K, and the 150 at 81,500. Won't give delivery dates estimates either.

Seems to me that even 9,000 baht is a bit high to cover delivery, if the dealer has to pay more than they do in the south.

'Course, I know that some would say if you really want the bike, why not pay the extra 9,000; it's cheap as chips. No it isn't.

I agree, I won't be impressed if, when my dealer finally gets 250's in he changes the price from 100k to 120k. In fact I would probably walk out - and stop taking my 150 there for work! It's not the amount of money its the way they add it on so freely.

Having said that the guy seems pretty cool so far and seems to share my enthusiasm.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of curiosity, I've been keeping up with the new "CBR" price situation here in CM. Both main dealers had 250 models; neither had a 150 to show today. One is asking 120,000 for the bigger bike, is vague about delivery, and wants 82,000 for the 150, but claims that orders for the smaller bike will be a long time in arriving.

The other dealer (near Airport Central Mall) showed me a price list (made up where? and who invented it?) that listed the 250 for 109K, and the 150 at 81,500. Won't give delivery dates estimates either.

Seems to me that even 9,000 baht is a bit high to cover delivery, if the dealer has to pay more than they do in the south.

'Course, I know that some would say if you really want the bike, why not pay the extra 9,000; it's cheap as chips. No it isn't.

Honda pricing in a nut shell, same with PCX.

kwakers pricing with free delivery to dealer and same price all over the country is more easy

If a dealer try to b-sh-t me on 10k markup on ordinary pricing, I go to another dealer or even brand

The exhaust will be changed because I do not like the looks or sound from it... My hope is that a nice carbon exhaust or a motogp style one will make the bike look better and most of all sound better!!! The sound is very important for me (I myself like the v-twin sound)!

The shocks will be changed because I had such a great success with my PCX, totally different bike to ride and enjoy...

I have told my mech. that I want some thing better and he will find it for me!!! Just going to take time...

There is really nothing wrong with the bike, I really like it, but as people have said... When honda launch a bike that is "comparable" with the Ninja for about 50K less, they have to cut costs somewhere, ohlins would be nice as standard, but to expensive... I will try to get some and see if it makes the bike better... Thats all...

Hope that will put you to ease...

Thanks Snowflake

I have got my dealer scouring the planet at the moment, but what the heck I may wait and get the one with ABS, as I am really curious as to how that will perform.

Enjoy and ride safe

A quick addition...

I was at dealer last Saturday to have some work done (but mainly check to see if the 250 had arrived yet) only to see them load at least 10 brand spanking 150's ON the truck?

What s up with that?

Ummmm maybe they are a direct purchase dealer selling them on to the indirect purchase dealers.. Honda's distribution is a convoluted web here in LOS.

The exhaust will be changed because I do not like the looks or sound from it... My hope is that a nice carbon exhaust or a motogp style one will make the bike look better and most of all sound better!!! The sound is very important for me (I myself like the v-twin sound)!

The shocks will be changed because I had such a great success with my PCX, totally different bike to ride and enjoy...

I have told my mech. that I want some thing better and he will find it for me!!! Just going to take time...

There is really nothing wrong with the bike, I really like it, but as people have said... When honda launch a bike that is "comparable" with the Ninja for about 50K less, they have to cut costs somewhere, ohlins would be nice as standard, but to expensive... I will try to get some and see if it makes the bike better... Thats all...

Hope that will put you to ease...

Thanks Snowflake

I have got my dealer scouring the planet at the moment, but what the heck I may wait and get the one with ABS, as I am really curious as to how that will perform.

Enjoy and ride safe

Stander.. what are you looking for????

Dave...... I'm tight.................................. ok i resemble that remark... If you do decide to get the Honda. Easy way to sell the Kawasaki, Ask ya missus if she loves the BIL.. then say its to much bike to hand down to him as he has already wrecked the old cbr...easy ehh

then sell ya Ninja to me for Boobins recommended 2nd hand price of 80.000bbiggrin.gif

(or less)

A quick addition...

I was at dealer last Saturday to have some work done (but mainly check to see if the 250 had arrived yet) only to see them load at least 10 brand spanking 150's ON the truck?

What s up with that?

Ummmm maybe they are a direct purchase dealer selling them on to the indirect purchase dealers.. Honda's distribution is a convoluted web here in LOS.

I guess thats the only plausible explanation! They looked really good and hearing the performance reports of the 250 on here I feel quite tempted to go for a 150.

The reason I am waiting for the 250 is i feel that its better to 'upgrade' rather than sidestep. I am a novice rider and I'm keen to improve my skills and get some bigger bike experience.

ARGhuh.gif I'm having 250 doubts now!unsure.gif

^

Honda CBR 250 or I am on the wrong thread.

Umm well you havent been reading it then as i posted that my dealer has a red one in stock 105,000b all up. rego, insurance tax etc.. rolleyes.gif

Thats in Nakhon pathom.. about 40-60 minutes from Bkk. If ya want it i can get him to hold it for you....

^

Honda CBR 250 or I am on the wrong thread.

Umm well you havent been reading it then as i posted that my dealer has a red one in stock 105,000b all up. rego, insurance tax etc.. rolleyes.gif

Thats in Nakhon pathom.. about 40-60 minutes from Bkk. If ya want it i can get him to hold it for you....

Thanks for the offer and I did notice there was one in Nakhon Pathom,but I will wait and see what my dealer comes up with here in Hua Hin and as I said I may wait for the model with ABS.

But then again what is a mind if you can't change it?

Honda pricing in a nut shell, same with PCX.

kwakers pricing with free delivery to dealer and same price all over the country is more easy

If a dealer try to b-sh-t me on 10k markup on ordinary pricing, I go to another dealer or even brand

Same here. It's the principle that counts here. And I despise bull shitting greedy people.

A quick addition...

What s up with that?

I guess thats the only plausible explanation! They looked really good and hearing the performance reports of the 250 on here I feel quite tempted to go for a 150.

The reason I am waiting for the 250 is i feel that its better to 'upgrade' rather than sidestep. I am a novice rider and I'm keen to improve my skills and get some bigger bike experience.

Kernow.....Not trying to influence anyone, as the wants/needs of each person is too much of a variable. However, with that in mind, after test driving the 150, I sat down with my wife and we discussed the pros/cons of 150 vs 250 in regards to bike usage. In other words, which bike would best suit my own particular needs. Price wasn't an option, so that really didn't figure into it. We both finally agreed that for my particular purposes, the 150 would be good. Half my driving is in the city, the other half on the highway, so I want/need a bike that handles well in both.

I ended up buying the tri-color 150, and for me personally, it's a great bike. Weaves in/out of city traffic almost as good as the old model, and on the highways I have no problems doing 125-130 if I want. Come February I plan to to some road trips, and have no doubts the 150 will do just fine on them, and I'm looking forward to it.

If you're starting to have some "angst" about the 250, then maybe you should go for the 150, keep it for 6 months to a year, then "trade up". Being it's a Honda, the resale or trade in will be good and you won't lose that much.

But, again, it's all a matter of personal choice.

A quick addition...

What s up with that?

Kernow.....Not trying to influence anyone, as the wants/needs of each person is too much of a variable. However, with that in mind, after test driving the 150, I sat down with my wife and we discussed the pros/cons of 150 vs 250 in regards to bike usage. In other words, which bike would best suit my own particular needs. Price wasn't an option, so that really didn't figure into it. We both finally agreed that for my particular purposes, the 150 would be good. Half my driving is in the city, the other half on the highway, so I want/need a bike that handles well in both.

I ended up buying the tri-color 150, and for me personally, it's a great bike. Weaves in/out of city traffic almost as good as the old model, and on the highways I have no problems doing 125-130 if I want. Come February I plan to to some road trips, and have no doubts the 150 will do just fine on them, and I'm looking forward to it.

If you're starting to have some "angst" about the 250, then maybe you should go for the 150, keep it for 6 months to a year, then "trade up". Being it's a Honda, the resale or trade in will be good and you won't lose that much.

But, again, it's all a matter of personal choice.

Thanks for the advice. I think your right about having the option of buying the 150 and if i feel its not enough trading up! My 150 is serving me well but i feel its not quite up to my daily 2hr commute. I hate to say this but a bloody Ninja 250 passed me this morning as i was doing a steady tonne and he looked a bit more comfortable than me! I want that comfort and stability at 100-130 that i feel mine doesn't quite have.

Given the time that I have been waiting fro the 250 i thinks its only natural to have second thoughts. I will make a decision in January and let y'all know.

By the way I try talking to my girlfriend about this and she gets this glazed over look on her face. Could i perhaps borrow your wife?whistling.gif

Could i perhaps borrow your wife?whistling.gif

Ahhhh, No! Sorry. lol. My wife, for the most part, is a very practical and business minded woman. But one who will do just about anything to make me happy. The day my tri-color came in, my wife came home, and without me seeing her do it, put my helmet and racing jacket on the floorboards behind the front seat. Then came in and said I should change to jeans, shoes and shirt, as she wanted to take me someplace. It wasn't until we pulled into Honda that I knew what was up. However, if you're in CM, I'll have her come talk to yours and explain the "benefits" of keeping "falang hubby" happy. lol.

Now, in regards to highway speeds, I've had mine up to 132-135 twice now, and feel like it will still go a little faster, which I plan to find out in a day or two. If you have the old model 150, trust me when I say you'll like the new one every better. The extra weight w/bigger tires makes a huge difference on the highway at speeds over 100+kph, but without sacrificing any speed where I can see. I've now raced against 2 of the older models and beaten both with no problem. Granted, it's NOT going to be as fast as the 250, but for overall daily commute, it's a great bike.

Take your time & think about it. If price isn't an issue, then the only thing that really matters, in my opinion, is HOW you're going to be using the bike, and which one is best suited for your needs.

Tell you what. I don't know where you live, but if it's anywhere near Chiang Mai, give me a call and I'll let you take mine out for a spin to see how you like it, if you haven't rode one yet.

k-speed in bangkok are showing a pipe on their website. 6,500b look on mocyc.com

I have looked but I can not find that pipe... any more details on the link???

(sorry, my brain is just not computing anything today... I might be working but I am not here!!!)

k-speed in bangkok are showing a pipe on their website. 6,500b look on mocyc.com

(sorry, my brain is just not computing anything today... I might be working but I am not here!!!)

Maybe Allan's talking about this one?

http://www.k-speed.net/product.detail_388505_th_3347716

Not quite clear what bike this pipe is for but you can always call 'em and ask.

Ride On!

Tony

here u go [H]ttp://www.mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=442663

but if i were u i would wait as its expected that alot more choice will become available soon. On a local thai board they they "copied" the Mugen Exhaust and fitted to a cbr150 already they just wait for a cbr250 to test.

post-77479-0-86032100-1293092697_thumb.j

Thanks Tony...

Just what I wanted, a loud MOTOGP PIPE... I will get a Thai to call tomorrow... Too late for them to be bossed around today...

I hope that it can be used... (My special friend is going up to bangers to meet her boyfriend for new years...) She could pop by and buy one for me!!! :-)

A quick addition...

What s up with that?

Several of the Phuket dealers have many branches. One branch sold another branchs bikes?

http://www.k-speed.n...8505_th_3347716

Ride On!

Tony

Will changing the pipe void the Warranty?

I want to change the pipe on mine when I get it, but think I'll wait for the Mugen pipe to be available... it looks good and I'm sure it'll be Honda approved.

http://www.k-speed.n...8505_th_3347716

Ride On!

Tony

Will changing the pipe void the Warranty?

I want to change the pipe on mine when I get it, but think I'll wait for the Mugen pipe to be available... it looks good and I'm sure it'll be Honda approved.

Mate.. this iThailand and your talking about APe Honda. so i would not hold my breathe on a) it coming out . B) it being approved.

Keep the original and if ya get a warranty problem put it back on before you take it into the shop..

Also snowflake THAT wasn't the one i saw.. this is the one http://mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=442663

A quick addition...

What s up with that?

Several of the Phuket dealers have many branches. One branch sold another branchs bikes?

Kata have you heard anything about 250 availability on the island? Just checking you don't know anything I don't know!

BTW, moving from an old 150 to the new 250 I've noticed very little difference in city driving.

It feels so short and so light it's very easy to maneu... manu.... handle going through the traffic.

Have yet to get stuck behind anything, and have made it to every red light along side the pink finos.

This difference between the bikes is a lot less than what I was expecting.

Cheers chaps.

Archived