Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

With 13 pages of Kawasaki Ninja 250R modification parts in 4 years you're missing the point, you can open any new Thai motorcycle magazine and not find one part for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R while you can find many for the few months old Honda CBR250R.

Again, some people “Kawasaki Thailand shop at Rama 9” are proud that the product is imported, basically the first line before answering the price question is “it's imported”.

While Honda is actually trying to motivated the Thai motorcycle industry to jump into the Honda CBR250R modify market, with support for aftermarket manufacturers.

Lets look back, the first product available and manufactured for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R in Thailand was probably the Tsukigi Racing Ninja 250R Exhaust-System and that was back in 03 February 2009...that is 7 months after the launch of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

Currently, just a few months after the launch of the Honda CBR250R you can find a multitude of Thai manufactures who produce good priced alternative exhaust systems... who actual help performance and not only weight less

Edited by Richard-BKK

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a fool will believe that a parallel two-cylinder engine, originally created 28 years ago, and not so long ago, was upgraded with a fuel-injection can be compared to a fully 2011 created technology, a engine created with actually using all available technology currently available to the worlds largest motorcycle manufacture... would be less.

Sure in basic form the 28 year ago designed, parallel two-cylinder Kawasaki engine is more powerful, but power is not everything. Honda designed the engine to be fuel-economical, ecological, and as you expect from a Honda engine last for ever....

Without modifications the Honda CBR250R, meets all emission standards in the world and any standards in the near future. Kawasaki doesn't. The Kawasaki Ninja 250R pollutes about twice as much at comparable riding speed. The Honda CBR250R is the most fuel economic 250cc motorcycle available in Thailand. With ABS on the 250cc motorcycles, Honda sets the standard for the future, ABS for 250cc motorcycles will be needed.

The new Honda Electronic-ABS breaking system is taking the world by storm, the ABS on the budget Honda CBR250R is faster than on most production motorcycles. Even faster compared to some MotoGP motorcycles raced in the 2010 technology highlighted MotoGP....

Edited by Richard-BKK

With 13 pages of Kawasaki Ninja 250R modification parts in 4 years you're missing the point, you can open any new Thai motorcycle magazine and not find one part for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R while you can find many for the few months old Honda CBR250R.

Again, some people “Kawasaki Thailand shop at Rama 9” are proud that the product is imported, basically the first line before answering the price question is “it's imported”.

While Honda is actually trying to motivated the Thai motorcycle industry to jump into the Honda CBR250R modify market, with support for aftermarket manufacturers.

Lets look back, the first product available and manufactured for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R in Thailand was probably the Tsukigi Racing Ninja 250R Exhaust-System and that was back in 03 February 2009...that is 7 months after the launch of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

Currently, just a few months after the launch of the Honda CBR250R you can find a multitude of Thai manufactures who produce good priced alternative exhaust systems... who actual help performance and not only weight less

We all know that your first language is not English, but come on. Did you not understand that there was 5 months worth of mods out for the Ninja before it was even released in LOS?

I can't comment on the situation in regards to what is offered in Thai magazines; firstly because I don't subscribe and if I did I wouldn't be seeing them for 4 months at a time.

And while it's usually wrong to stereotype, there is a pretty big delta between what is offered locally and that which is imported. And as the old saying goes "you have to pay to play". But since you want to restrict your statement of "if we compare how many aftermarket parts were available one month after the Kawasaki Ninja 250R and one month after the Honda CBR250R hit the market" to solely Thai made goods than you may be correct...

We all know that your first language is not English, but come on. Did you not understand that there was 5 months worth of mods out for the Ninja before it was even released in LOS?

I can't comment on the situation in regards to what is offered in Thai magazines; firstly because I don't subscribe and if I did I wouldn't be seeing them for 4 months at a time.

And while it's usually wrong to stereotype, there is a pretty big delta between what is offered locally and that which is imported. And as the old saying goes "you have to pay to play". But since you want to restrict your statement of "if we compare how many aftermarket parts were available one month after the Kawasaki Ninja 250R and one month after the Honda CBR250R hit the market" to solely Thai made goods than you may be correct...

If you have information available from a product for the Kawasaki Ninja 250 250R earlier than I specified made in Thailand I would love to hear about it...

I like riding my cbr and am happy with it... The only reason i will upgrade in september is that i need something bigger, for a longer trip... The cbr is a good and well developed bike, just as the ninja...

If i spent 43500b to modify my cbr- would it be faster than a stock ninja? Could i have gotten better shocks? New pipes? A power commander? Or some other stuff? Now, then the price would be the same for both bikes... If not, just think how much fun one can have with that money... Either way... I like both bikes, but honda has a showroom here in town... All the boys can fix it- kawa does not... 104k vs 147500b plays inn too... Dont care too much if the ninja is 5kmph faster, or ten, or twenty... The honda beats it on just being available in town-

i am a happy camper on the cbr... That said, if i lived in phuket or surat i would probably be riding a kawa since they launched it...

Living here will not always give us what we want, so when we get something good with options... Just enjoy it while it last, because i am sure there will be some problems down the road...

I like riding my cbr and am happy with it... The only reason i will upgrade in september is that i need something bigger, for a longer trip... The cbr is a good and well developed bike, just as the ninja...

If i spent 43500b to modify my cbr- would it be faster than a stock ninja? Could i have gotten better shocks? New pipes? A power commander? Or some other stuff? Now, then the price would be the same for both bikes... If not, just think how much fun one can have with that money... Either way... I like both bikes, but honda has a showroom here in town... All the boys can fix it- kawa does not... 104k vs 147500b plays inn too... Dont care too much if the ninja is 5kmph faster, or ten, or twenty... The honda beats it on just being available in town-

i am a happy camper on the cbr... That said, if i lived in phuket or surat i would probably be riding a kawa since they launched it...

Living here will not always give us what we want, so when we get something good with options... Just enjoy it while it last, because i am sure there will be some problems down the road...

Hear, hear!

Richard has lost the plot again- The Kawasaki Rama 9 Big Bike Showroom does not stock or sell ANY imported aftermarket parts for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R.:rolleyes:

Only a fool will believe that a parallel two-cylinder engine, originally created 28 years ago, and not so long ago, was upgraded with a fuel-injection can be compared to a fully 2011 created technology, a engine created with actually using all available technology currently available to the worlds largest motorcycle manufacture... would be less.

Sure in basic form the 28 year ago designed, parallel two-cylinder Kawasaki engine is more powerful, but power is not everything. Honda designed the engine to be fuel-economical, ecological, and as you expect from a Honda engine last for ever....

Without modifications the Honda CBR250R, meets all emission standards in the world and any standards in the near future. Kawasaki doesn't. The Kawasaki Ninja 250R pollutes about twice as much at comparable riding speed. The Honda CBR250R is the most fuel economic 250cc motorcycle available in Thailand. With ABS on the 250cc motorcycles, Honda sets the standard for the future, ABS for 250cc motorcycles will be needed.

The new Honda Electronic-ABS breaking system is taking the world by storm, the ABS on the budget Honda CBR250R is faster than on most production motorcycles. Even faster compared to some MotoGP motorcycles raced in the 2010 technology highlighted MotoGP....

So the new CBR is cleaner... I guess that's a good thing if you're a tree hugger... But if fuel economy and clean air is all you care about, why buy a 250 when there's the 150?

I don't agree at all that just because it's newer it's better.

The ORIGINAL Honda CBR 250RR is TWENTY FIVE years old and will run circles around the new CBR 250R and Kawasaki Ninjette.

Off to BIRA in the morning for a fun day of polluting! :lol:

Do you guys have to copy all the previous posts in your own posts? No wonder this is on page 111 now... There has got to be a bettery way...

I am sure that i would not complain if i used my laptop, but on my phone it is annoying...

Anyways- two different bikes built not to compete directly... Honda a green bike that they will use next year in motogp... Kawa i fast fun bike built to sell alot...

Both bikes are good. I think it does not work well to compare a single to a twin, just like it would have been unfair to compare a vfr 800 to a ducati 848... Two bikes built differently, built for different markets, but still same engine size-

good luck arguing- neither of you guys will ever win the other one over. The only way to settle this is to meet up at phuket bike week, and get a wide range of the same bikes together for a large group test... See you there?

As they say, "When Greek meets Greek then comes the Tug o' War"

BTW, Snowflake is everything OK where you are now with the flooding and all...

Edited by RED21

Sunny since yesterday... Certain places are still struggling- but summer is here now... Went on my bike aroune town yesterday and just thought how high the water had been in many places... They can still not find the crocs from the zoo, and because noone knows about all the privatly owned crocs- well they are out there.

The park where i run is still under water, so all the stunt boys cant practice there for a while. Lots of damage and filthy roads (more than usual) makes riding dangerous... Still lots of garbage out there, nails, broken glass, and other small items that could spoil a day out on the bike...

How is had yai these days? Did it flood- can i ride down there?

We sell the ABS model for 130,000 baht and the non-Abs model for 120,000 baht. This price includes a helmet, a jacket, registration, and first class insurance. Hardly, a premium price considering what some other dealers are selling the CBR 250 for at the moment.

I would love to be able to sell this exaust for 7,000 baht, but I would be losing money. My cost is higher than 7,000 baht. Prices do tend to get marked up on products when they go from the manufacturer to the wholesaler and then to the retailer. Do you have any contact info for the guy who did your exaust? If it is the same quality as mine, I would be more than happy to order some from him. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Can we buy insurance from you?

My friend recently got rear ended, destroying his brand new 150 while waiting at a traffic light. The plonker behind him was grabbing 40 winks!

Hi Brian,

My friend recently got rear ended, destroying his brand new 150 while waiting at a traffic light. The plonker behind him was grabbing 40 winks!

What is grabbing 40 winks.. and did you get any money out of him.

Hi Brian,

Sure, you can buy insurance from us. We offer first class insurance for the PCX, CBR 150, and CBR 250.

Coverage cost for one year:

PCX: 5,800

CBR 150: 5,900

CBR 250: 6,500

CBR 250 w/ ABS: 6,600

Coverage Details:

Third Party Liability:

-Bodily Injury: 200,000 per person, 10,000,000 per accident

-Property Damage: 500,000 per accident

Own Damage, Theft and Fire*:

Max payout:

PCX: 48,000

CBR 150: 52,800

CBR 250: 69,900

CBR 250 w/ ABS: 80,000

*500 baht deductable per accident

Coverage as per endorsements:

Personal Accident (loss of life, dismemberment, or permanent disability)

Driver: 100,000

Passenger: 100,000

Medical Expenses: 50,000

Bail Bond: 200,000

I hope your friend is ok. Please let me know if you require any further information. Thanks.

Brian

How is had yai these days? Did it flood- can i ride down there?

hat yai (and south) didn't get hit with flooding too badly...

snowflake - if ya ride down this way, give us a shout...

you might remember g~j from about 3 years ago in NST...

we sent you a pm on the cbr250.org forum...

maybe you never look there anymore - seems like it - or you are just ignoring us?

if you have a minute or two...look at a few of g~j's posts...

quick-spin-around-the-block...

a-good-dual-sport...-NOT...!

another-lunch-run-in-the-deep-south

doesn-t-have-to-be-long-to-be-good

park-above-hat-yai

talk to us nice and buy us a couple beers...

maybe we'll share a few good rides with y'all

chok dee...

g~j

Edited by gregybn

Hi Brian,

What is grabbing 40 winks.. and did you get any money out of him.

It means taking a nap! Not really the ideal place to take a nap, plus theres not much road in Phuket to fall asleep on! He was fully insured and he took full responsibilityblink.gif.

Hope your friend learned from the accident. When stopping at a red light never ever stop in the middle of the lane!

I saw the message on the other forum, but just to lazy to open it on my phone, sorry for that... If you truly knew me, you would know that i do not drink beer- and i would certainly not buy you some... Now, if we were out i would probably buy a bottle of jameson or vodka... Sharing is caring:-) i am stuck in town until the 9th- and my hope is then to go to phuket... Next trip to had yai will be after the big waterfight...

Hope your friend learned from the accident. When stopping at a red light never ever stop in the middle of the lane!

does it really matter where ya stop...?

maybe just wrong place, wrong time?

i got rear-ended once (years ago) in vancouver...

stopped for a traffic flagmen at an intersection...

lady behind me kept on going right into the back of my bmw r/100gs...

i just got "launched" off my bike and landed standing up beside it...

lady's insurance paid for a new rear fender and one pannier - no worries!

so... back to your point, [bigBikeBKK] - maybe not...???

if she had hit me on either side - as opposed to the middle...

i think the damages to me and my bike would have been much greater?

food for thought?

if i start thinking that at every intersection someone is gonna rear-end me...

maybe i'd better give up riding... :unsure:

Edited by gregybn

I saw the message on the other forum, but just to lazy to open it on my phone, sorry for that... Now, if we were out i would probably buy a bottle of jameson or vodka... Sharing is caring:-) i am stuck in town until the 9th- and my hope is then to go to phuket... Next trip to had yai will be after the big waterfight...

jamesons is fine by me... :D

i'll keep in touch - re after waterdaze!

check for a pm on this forum.

g~j

food for thought?

I think the point is that cars are less likely to hit you if you are stopped to the left. I do see your point though, you see some seriously crazy maneuvers here and sometimes, you just couldn't have done anything to avoid a collision. (except giving up riding as you mentioned)

I actually haven't seen the guy yet, he has been off work. I will be sure to get all the details when he's back. Stay safe.

Edited by Kernow86

Unofficial touring screen:

9_749_8d1c3db6c6b8a5d.jpg

I have to say.....looks ok and much better than the Honda one that goes over the top of the fairing.

Well done. Im sure you will be asked...... Is it available...where...how much?

That's a complete new nose cone isn't it?

food for thought?

Dunno mate, that's what they teach at MSF, but maybe those guys don't know what they're talking about. :rolleyes:

Secret to a long life on bikes is to ASSUME that every one is going to hit you and ride accordingly.

People run red lights and stop signs all the time.

By stopping off to the side or in between lanes you give yourself a much better chance of not getting run over.

Lady who rear ended you was obviously going slow- you got lucky.

Stopping in a lane here in Thailand will likely get you killed sooner or later.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Personally, I ALWAYS assume that some idiot is going to hit me and ride accordingly. In the 3 years I've been riding here in LOS, I've had at least 10 times more close calls and near disasters than I had in over 40 years of bike riding in the States.