Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate has now spent more on mods for his Honda CBR 250 than he spent to buy the bike in the first place! :lol:

199452SSR.jpg

197339SSR.jpg

196456SSR.jpg

190790SSR.jpg

188317SSR.jpg

188270SSR.jpg

If the weather looks promising he may join us with this bike at the BRC on Thursday.

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

A knocking update...

Took my bike to see the APHonda mechanic from the big smoke today. My bike is being taken back to Bangkok with him! :( They said it will take two weeks and gave me a f**cking Wave125.:annoyed:

Went straight to my local big bike rental only to find out that their insurance only covers me if i have a bike licence form home...which i dont :annoyed: they said i can take it but if i brake it then i have to pay for it!

Im glad they're fixing it but a bit miffed that im left with a Wave to do an hour commute - each way.:violin: Time to get some some souless four wheeled vehicle quote...

Two weeks three days and 10k of car rental later. . .

Honda can't tell me what's wrong with my bike or when it will be back. Nor do i get the feeling that they care that much. Could be time to start sharing on some other forums me thinkssad.gif

Looks great in white! Did you tell your mate what you think of his 'anemic little thumper' Tony? ;)

He's got an ER6n, a Versys, a Ducati Hypermotard and a BMW K something or other. He uses the little Honda as a scooter for getting around Bangkok and we joke about how it looks great but has no balls ;)

188317SSR.jpg

For me the main cosmetic mod is getting rid of all that rear black plastic underneath the white rear fairing. Just get an underpiece with LED lights under the pillion seat and make that tail nice and short n spikey. :)

He's got a tail tidy already, but with the rainy season just around the corner I think he'll keep the stock "mudflap" on for the time being.

Looks great in white! Did you tell your mate what you think of his 'anemic little thumper' Tony? ;)

He's got an ER6n, a Versys, a Ducati Hypermotard and a BMW K something or other. He uses the little Honda as a scooter for getting around Bangkok and we joke about how it looks great but has no balls ;)

Nice collection of bikes, his cbr is probably his favourite though! Hey Tony, you seen the zx10r shoot-out yet, the gsxr1000 came last :lol:

^^ Yes there's a few about. None that get rid of the entire section though. All just start under the stock rear light.

Get rid of that who section, get in a piece with new rear light under the seat and have it looking like:

2_211_72902e0bba8759a.jpg

Edited by appropriate

My mate has now spent more on mods for his Honda CBR 250 than he spent to buy the bike in the first place! :lol:

If the weather looks promising he may join us with this bike at the BRC on Thursday.

Ride On!

Tony

the back tire and the exhaust look great. maybe even white is not a bad choice(as it´s said to be the new black...)

i still think there are too many different colours on the bike now. gold, bronze, aluminium, chrome, orange and even violet... i´ve only seen a variety like this on modded scooters so far.

if you need to put so many mods on, maybe it´s worth to go the extra mile and custom the parts to your bike and not to let the parts coustom your bike. all the racing teams seem to do that.

like this, somehow it looks like the bike of a teenager... but everybody has his own taste.

it´s great to see all these ideas and efforts

happy trails

giorgio

Ride On!

Tony

the back tire and the exhaust look great. maybe even white is not a bad choice(as it´s said to be the new black...)

i still think there are too many different colours on the bike now. gold, bronze, aluminium, chrome, orange and even violet... i´ve only seen a variety like this on modded scooters so far.

if you need to put so many mods on, maybe it´s worth to go the extra mile and custom the parts to your bike and not to let the parts coustom your bike. all the racing teams seem to do that.

like this, somehow it looks like the bike of a teenager... but everybody has his own taste.

it´s great to see all these ideas and efforts

happy trails

giorgio

Pink with "Hello Kitty" decals just for the fun of it...:lol::bah::jap:

Edited by RED21

Nice collection of bikes, his cbr is probably his favourite though! Hey Tony, you seen the zx10r shoot-out yet, the gsxr1000 came last :lol:

Yeah, no surprise Suzie came last as the Gixxer is the oldest bike in the shootout; it hasn't been updated since 2009 and is now seriously lagging behind the others in technology.

It's clear the fantastic BMW S1000RR is the bike to beat.

The Gixxer K12 will feature traction control, enhanced throttle modes, launch control and race ABS and will hopefully make Suzuki competitive again in the liter bike class.

Can't wait!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

^^ Yes there's a few about. None that get rid of the entire section though. All just start under the stock rear light.

Get rid of that who section, get in a piece with new rear light under the seat and have it looking like:

I think it might take more than removing the tail section to make your CBR look like the heavily modded/photoshopped version of how the CBR "should" have looked. And even if you could make it look like that, it would still be a sheep in wolf's clothing with that little single cylinder hiding under all the plastic.

I think it might take more than removing the tail section to make your CBR look like the heavily modded/photoshopped version of how the CBR "should" have looked. And even if you could make it look like that, it would still be a sheep in wolf's clothing with that little single cylinder hiding under all the plastic.

You are absolutely right Johnny! Why the fupp did I buy a CBR sheep for my 10km commute, around town use and 3-4hr trips in the mountains when I could have had a 300kph wolf? I wish you'd have posted here before I'd bought it so I could have seen the light and then spent more than double what I did on a bigger, faster and thirstier bike! ;)

Why do some 'big bike' owners see the need to knock and mock other bike owners so much? It's my first bike and is absolutely perfect for what I use it for! Like many bike owners I may well move on to bigger and faster bikes in the future or I might not, either way I won't prowl bike forums taking the piss like you and some others seem to enjoy doing.:ermm:

Actually Johnny that whole rear is only one piece - both long sides and rear mudguard are one whole section of molded plastic.

It is obviously a photoshop and we're only talking about the rear section.

Thanks for pointing out that that isn't the CBR exhaust or swingarm though, we never would have figured that out. :whistling:

Edited by appropriate

Nice looking pipe, any more info such as where from and how much? And how does it sound? How about the grips?

We can provide and install the the pipe for 11,500 baht. It is locally made, but the workmanship is quite clean. It puts off a really loud throaty sound. You'll love it, but you neighbors will hate it. I'll make a video and post it tomorrow. I think another forum member installed a similar pipe and posted a video a few pages back.

We also have the grips for 400 baht, including installation. I've been using them for a couple of months now. They are much more comfortable and less slippery than the stock grips.

Nice looking pipe, any more info such as where from and how much? And how does it sound? How about the grips?

We can provide and install the the pipe for 11,500 baht. It is locally made, but the workmanship is quite clean. It puts off a really loud throaty sound. You'll love it, but you neighbors will hate it. I'll make a video and post it tomorrow. I think another forum member installed a similar pipe and posted a video a few pages back.

Can your shop get into any trouble with the Brown Mafia for selling pipes that aren't street legal? Just wondering...