Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Haha! Snowflake could probably sell his bike above his purchase price in a few months...:D

Not sure if this will work for real. Cause since the 250 is available there were many already sold 2nd hand on thai boards price was most between 90-100k. Sure every morning an idiot is getting up so why not try :lol:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, probably know that there's not another one available for them for another 6 months. Put the price up on this and see if it sells, if not, no loss, put the price back down a little. No point selling it for cheap now and then not having any for the next few months.

Dunno, maybe I'm starting to think in Thai logic! :blink:

cheesy.gif

Just spoken to Honda.

They say that the knocking noise on my bike was because the valve clearance needed adjusting. They have done this and the sound has decreased but not gone completely.

When compared with other bikes they say that this is normal and due to the design of the engine. Furthermore they damaged the muffler in transit and will replace it then deliver my bike bike back to Phuket this week.

Your thoughts guys???

Just spoken to Honda.

They say that the knocking noise on my bike was because the valve clearance needed adjusting. They have done this and the sound has decreased but not gone completely.

When compared with other bikes they say that this is normal and due to the design of the engine. Furthermore they damaged the muffler in transit and will replace it then deliver my bike bike back to Phuket this week.

Your thoughts guys???

Can't speak for others, but for me personally, Honda service has been very good, and they seem to be very conscientious to detail, as well as customer satisfaction. If your bike was sent back to the factory, my guess is that they went over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure it was running properly, and fix/adjust anything that was needed.

Just spoken to Honda.

Your thoughts guys???

I also think you can trust them, as for my incident with the bike they been honest and informative. First i also worried but since i got it back from them the bike is running nice and smooth as they promised.

Insert profanity here!'........' i stopped by the only honda dealer today open due to flood... Show at carefour... They had the red abs version in there... I asked how much and hold on to your socks now... 125k for the non abs bike... Now this is the same shop i bought my bike from... 104k i paid... I asked why- they could not tell... Boss set the price! The abs version they can order was 140k... <deleted>? well... I hope the other shops will open with a brain tomorrow, but i doubt that as the water is still flooding all main roads and shops...

*sigh* Looks like i am just going to have to wait for the craze to pass. Thanks for looking though!

Spent yesterday packing food and today driving around in my pickup handing it out to the poor people... Town is flooded and the crocs from the zoo has escaped- we are having a fun- good summer... The bike is better to do errands since the thais all use their cars... But its not good here! Just to say... I was told i would be on national tv today...

Spent yesterday packing food and today driving around in my pickup handing it out to the poor people... Town is flooded and the crocs from the zoo has escaped- we are having a fun- good summer... The bike is better to do errands since the thais all use their cars... But its not good here! Just to say... I was told i would be on national tv today...

Mmm... crocs. They taste good stir fried with white wine and cider vinegar...:rolleyes:

How deep is the flood there? I hope it's not that bad...

Well- the crocs are about 4 meters long and over 300kg... The water is a few meters on the deep side which is everywhere... If you know town, the two main roads are now clear and you can ride a bike here... i do prefer riding in town now- but for safety i just stick to the car if i know i have to cross the water... Kids are playing in the water, snakes and crocs are looking for lunch in the water- wonder when they will meet up... For comparison... In my 9 years here it has not been this bad- and according to my mates mum... Not in her life has there been a flood like this... Cant wait for the sun to come out so i can be back on my bike...

gutted exhaust...

my friend hired a 250 honda in pattaya with a gutted exhaust. the guy at the shop told me it costs 2.000 baht, adds power and creates some sound too.

he´s had the bike for a week now, so here´s a first impression:

compared to my bike, it seems a bit slower in acceleration and he says he has to lay flat on the gas tank to reach 155 km which i don`t have to.:)

it gave him only 250 km on a full gas tank....

neither one of us is too thrilled about the (louder) sound of the bike.

happy trails

gutted exhaust...

my friend hired a 250 honda in pattaya with a gutted exhaust. the guy at the shop told me it costs 2.000 baht, adds power and creates some sound too.

he´s had the bike for a week now, so here´s a first impression:

compared to my bike, it seems a bit slower in acceleration and he says he has to lay flat on the gas tank to reach 155 km which i don`t have to.:)

it gave him only 250 km on a full gas tank....

neither one of us is too thrilled about the (louder) sound of the bike.

happy trails

On the CBR 250 is the catalytic converter in the canister? If yes they should be paying the "customer" for the paladium in the cat, not the other way around. Very valuable stuff!

Modifying an exhaust without remapping the FI can often create performance problems. Chances are the bike is now running too lean as a result of the drop in backpressure. If the bike is running very lean it can eventually lead to burned valves...

Ride On!

Tony

BTW, DBS have the slip-on advertised on their webpage now. Same one as the ninja but no downpipe as of yet. 6,500b.

http://www.grim-dbs.com/tdbs2.asp

Personally I'm waiting until lots of products are tried and tested in the real world, with real world feedback before choosing.

Does anybody know that when changing the pipe on the CBR does the ECU automatically recalculate or will changing the pipe change the air/fuel ratio??

If the exhaust has the lambda bung then it will accommodate the O2 sensor and will automatically adjust air/fuel as and when necessary.

That's not quite accurate. Stock ECU is programmed for stock bike and can only make very minor adjustments.

Most modern motorcycles are setup to run lean to meet emissions regulations. This is often not the best setup for performance or ride ability. Therefore, optimizing the air fuel ratio on your motorcycle is essential to achieve optimum performance and ride ability.

Most aftermarket exhaust systems reduce back pressure, which leans out the fuel even more.

If you start making free-flow modifications to the intake or exhaust you will lean out the fueling even further and the stock ECU can not compensate.

You will need to install a fuel injection module such as a Powercommander/Bazzaz/Juice Box if you wish to optimize the fuel air ratios on a modified bike.

Ride On!

Tony

Most major exhaust manufacturers don't agree with you Tony, here's what twobros have to say about it...

'My bike is fuel injected, do I need to make any adjustments or chip changes?

A.gifGenerally fuel injected bikes automatically compensate for exhaust and engine related modifications very well. Unless you are building a Superbike motor with over 30% horsepower increases, your stock FI system should work just fine with your new exhaust system and you will reap the benefits immediately. We have however found that with the addition of either a Juice Box™ or a Power Commander with the proper map, the ride-ability of the bike will improve greatly over that of the stock bike and there can be additional performance gains to be had. We carry our own signature Juice Box Fuel Controller and Dynojet Power Commanders for most fuel injected bikes and we can also furnish it with a map just for your machine and our pipe.'

I knew something very similar had been discussed a while back in this thread. If what they say is true, then the risk of running too lean fuel and burning the valves should be rather low. At least as long as the lambda (aka oxygen) sensor did not get removed as well.

Stock ECU is likely to be quite limited in it's ability I imagine.

The risk of running lean enough to burn the valves is probably not the case, but ride-ability is more likely to be compromised.

Edited by appropriate

With Honda's predisposition for fuel economy, the stock set up would be very finely tuned not to run rich. It does seem the CBR250s that have had exhausts have not gained much or even improved performance, so the stock ECU is not enriching enough. As has been said before the ideal situation would be a new ECU coupled with exhaust mods. Though it would be interesting to see what gains there are from just changing the ECU with a standard exhaust.

The bike is officially released in most major markets now, so hopefully more mods on the market soon!

was at the honda dealer in trat city, they whanted for the black cbr250 abs 125 000 baht. But I found out that it was to small for me, could not do the shifting and breaking because of the sitting possision. Asked for the price of the bike in dealer Koh chang, they could order it for me 112 000 for non abs and 120 for the abs version. At the trat dealer they whanted 83 000 for the pcx, tought that one was going for around 76000

was at the honda dealer in trat city, they whanted for the black cbr250 abs 125 000 baht. But I found out that it was to small for me, could not do the shifting and breaking because of the sitting possision. Asked for the price of the bike in dealer Koh chang, they could order it for me 112 000 for non abs and 120 for the abs version. At the trat dealer they whanted 83 000 for the pcx, tought that one was going for around 76000

Last time I looked, the PCX in Chiang Mai was running around 72,000. But that was a couple of months ago, so it could have gone up since then. But not THAT much.

Edited by Just1Voice

Those prices are the same as here in CM. I'd say that's not that bad since originally the suggested retail prices were around those amounts. Dealer explained they had to add in shipping costs. I got to pay the suggested retail price, instead of 83K, for my CBR150Ri, they told me I was lucky to place the order last year while they still had the promotion price. They also threw in " Platinum Service" coupons.

Since 2 months ago, when you enter the dealer there's no CBRs and PCXs on display and when you order one you'll have to wait for weeks since there's a long waiting list. I guess they're really selling well or production hasn't caught up with demand.

Edited by RED21

Since buying my 150i tri-color the first week of December, I haven't seen another 150 in either of the two main Honda dealers here in C.M. However, about 2-3 weeks ago when I was at the one by the airport they had a dark red (maroon) PCX that I was interested in getting for my son. Also had a black/silver 250. But to be honest, I didn't check the price on the PCX. I know the last time I did was back in June, right after selling my old CBR 150, and the price was 72,000. I didn't like the way it drove or handled, and hated the available color schemes at the time, so I bought a Nouvo Elegance instead for 10k less as a "fill in" till the new 150's came out, then gave the Nouvo to my son, who loves it.

Edited by Just1Voice

I think that they are selling like hot potatoes... And the western markets are starting to get good/better riding conditions.

... and with rising gas prices more and more people, especially in the west are considering getting motorcycles as daily commuter vehicles.

Edited by RED21

Stock ECU is likely to be quite limited in it's ability I imagine.

The risk of running lean enough to burn the valves is probably not the case, but ride-ability is more likely to be compromised.

More likely ride-ability will not be affected much until you do have a new ECU. Not very much positively, but rather unlikely compromised. Unless you compare two bikes with different exhaust, one with after-market ECU and the other one stock ECU, of course.

Here is a video of my new exaust. It is locally made, but well put together. It could be the placebo effect, but the bike sure seems more powerful to me. We can provide and install this pipe for 11,500 baht.

Edited by SumetCycle

From an American lad on a CBR250 forum:

Local Dealer ordered 12 of the new CBR 250r s. Found out today from Honda hes only getting 2. Mine wont be in until May 7 and the second one third week in june. Said some dealers wont even get any. Demand is 4 times greater than the supply.

Honda sure have a global best seller on their hands.

Was there ever any doubt? Honda? If there is ever a sure thing out there it must be honda...

We can complain as much as we like on which bike is the fastest on track... The truth is that 95 percent of all people looking for a 250cc bike will never set foot on a track... They want a nice reliable and cheap honda! Even if it is a cbr that should not have been named cbr, they just dont care- they like the bike... And whatever you say, it is a very easy bike to ride and live with!