Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Was there ever any doubt? Honda? If there is ever a sure thing out there it must be honda...

We can complain as much as we like on which bike is the fastest on track... The truth is that 95 percent of all people looking for a 250cc bike will never set foot on a track... They want a nice reliable and cheap honda! Even if it is a cbr that should not have been named cbr, they just dont care- they like the bike... And whatever you say, it is a very easy bike to ride and live with!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an english manual available for this bike ? And are the brakes connected in anyway on the ABS version. I might be asking stupid questions so shoot me. But i had to ask.

Plus what is a sensible way to break it in.

Is there an english manual available for this bike ? And are the brakes connected in anyway on the ABS version. I might be asking stupid questions so shoot me. But i had to ask.

It is a combined ABS system meaning you step on the rear brake and it also acutates the front.

Know what's even harder to find and get your hands on than the CBR 250? The 150! Dealers just flat out say they have NO idea when they can get one, and MAYBE you can get one in 3 months or so if you order it. Or at least that's what the two main dealers here in C.M told a friend of mine.

Know what's even harder to find and get your hands on than the CBR 250? The 150! Dealers just flat out say they have NO idea when they can get one, and MAYBE you can get one in 3 months or so if you order it. Or at least that's what the two main dealers here in C.M told a friend of mine.

I found a 150 black one here in BKK new at a dealer.

It is a combined ABS system meaning you step on the rear brake and it also acutates the front.

Meaning that if you brake with the front brake the back brake will be activated to and vice versa ?

Meaning that if you brake with the front brake the back brake will be activated to and vice versa ?

No, only the back brake activates the front; applying the front will NOT activate the rear.

No, only the back brake activates the front; applying the front will NOT activate the rear.

Thanks, ok when i was driving today i just noticed when i activated the front (and later the back) that there was almost no extra power. So i assumed it was already activated. But im a novice and i was not braking real hard.

The rear brake pedal only activates the front brake when the system senses the rear wheel near lock up.

As the bike has only just been released in the rest of the world (Australia yesterday), we should see english manuals turning up soon.

That would be great because someone said the light on my abs should always be on. But it is not and id like to know if it should be on all the time or not.

Edited by robblok

I have just read an article in the British paper Motorcyclenews entitiled " How the CBR 250 out- techs superbikes. " ( wednesday 19th january 2011 ) Apparently it has a similar cylinder head idea to the new ZX10R and the Horex V6 in that it uses a "Desax" cylinder configuration meaning the cylinder is offset towards the exhaust side by 4mm resulting in reduced side thrust and less friction between the piston and the cylinder wall. it also has a spiny cylinder sleeve with the outside of the plated steel cylinder being covered in bumps. Apparently this greatly increases the surface area and not only improves the cooling but allows higher pressures within the combustion chamber to improve the efficiency of the burn. Another move made to reduce friction which also helps the life of the engine is what Honda calls " striations " in the skirt of the piston. Apparently this is to ensure plenty of oil is retained between the piston and the cylinder wall. Finally, the top end of the engine uses what Honda says is the worlds first combination of double over head camshafts with roller type rocker arms. Apparently it is quite a costly solution but it reduces friction and needs less oil in the cylinder head. On top of all that there are 18 patents relating to the frame design.

Here is a video of my new exaust. It is locally made, but well put together. It could be the placebo effect, but the bike sure seems more powerful to me. We can provide and install this pipe for 11,500 baht.

the bike sounds nice. WHY DON´T YOU PUT IT ON A DYNO? MANY (INCLUDING ME)WILL BUY IT IF YOU CAN PROVE YOUR ASSUMPTION!

Here is a video of my new exaust. It is locally made, but well put together. It could be the placebo effect, but the bike sure seems more powerful to me. We can provide and install this pipe for 11,500 baht.

the bike sounds nice. WHY DON´T YOU PUT IT ON A DYNO? MANY (INCLUDING ME)WILL BUY IT IF YOU CAN PROVE YOUR ASSUMPTION!

Good idea, I will look in to it. Thanks for the advice. In the mean time, you are more than welcome to come by and take it for a spin.

Looks like the other one that is offered by the guy who made mine

but I'm sure he's only asking around 7000 baht! :o

A guy I know recently traded his Kawasaki er6f and his wife's Ninja 250 (+cash) for a ZX10R at Kawa CM, so when he asked me if I wanted to take a ride with him I was obviously hesistant at first ( an anemic little thumper & ZX10R!!!) but he said he'd ride at whatever pace I set (apart from the ocassional burst of course) so today we set off at 7.30am on the main highway #1 from Chiang Rai down to Phayao and then the 120 followed by the 118 back up to Chiang Rai.

Beautiful roads up here with some great twisties, I was comfortably cruising at between 120-140kph (which felt fast enough on these roads and considering it's my first bike which I've only owned for 3 weeks) and he was too most of the time but there were a few times when he opened up the ZX10R and it was truly humbling, so much power! The first time I was at 140kph @ 8000rpm and I just saw a big green thing flash past me, must have gone from 140 to over 200kph in just a few seconds. Nice 300km trip on some great roads and proof that not every big bike owner looks down on our little CBR's!

post-61039-0-67255700-1301649823_thumb.j

post-61039-0-89025300-1301649847_thumb.j

They do look similar, but not exactly the same. Have you noticed and increases in power/acceleration with yours? Thanks.

Brian

They do look similar, but not exactly the same. Have you noticed and increases in power/acceleration with yours? Thanks.

Brian

The guy I got mine from also offers another one which looks exacty like yours and is only around 7000baht, you are charging a premium for the bike, do you need to for the exhaust too? ;)

It defintely feels a lot more responsive and pulls more freely, especially in the lower gears, sounds much better too :)

Brian

The guy I got mine from also offers another one which looks exacty like yours and is only around 7000baht, you are charging a premium for the bike, do you need to for the exhaust too? ;)

It defintely feels a lot more responsive and pulls more freely, especially in the lower gears, sounds much better too :)

We sell the ABS model for 130,000 baht and the non-Abs model for 120,000 baht. This price includes a helmet, a jacket, registration, and first class insurance. Hardly, a premium price considering what some other dealers are selling the CBR 250 for at the moment.

I would love to be able to sell this exaust for 7,000 baht, but I would be losing money. My cost is higher than 7,000 baht. Prices do tend to get marked up on products when they go from the manufacturer to the wholesaler and then to the retailer. Do you have any contact info for the guy who did your exaust? If it is the same quality as mine, I would be more than happy to order some from him. Thanks.

Brian

We sell the ABS model for 130,000 baht and the non-Abs model for 120,000 baht. This price includes a helmet, a jacket, registration, and first class insurance. Hardly, a premium price considering what some other dealers are selling the CBR 250 for at the moment.

I would love to be able to sell this exaust for 7,000 baht, but I would be losing money. My cost is higher than 7,000 baht. Prices do tend to get marked up on products when they go from the manufacturer to the wholesaler and then to the retailer. Do you have any contact info for the guy who did your exaust? If it is the same quality as mine, I would be more than happy to order some from him. Thanks.

Brian

Brian;

Instead of saying "Hardly, a premium price considering what some other dealers" you just ignore those other dealers? Right now sales of the CBR are making it a seller's market; the fact that your company is providing the ABS bike at only 15K over MSRP while going above and beyond (to include offering financing should be plenty of explanation to assuage those who think that Sumet is trying to rip them off.

Also, if there's questions about your overhead in regards to the exhausts (or really any part) ask them how much cheaper it is to buy from Pep Boys or a dealership; that should give them an idea of how ludicrous it is to say 'well somchai only charges xxxx THB" and may charge extra (with no guarantee the bill won't be much higher after a new spray when he carelessly scratches the paint) for installation (which may be 1/2 arsed anyways).

when he carelessly scratches the paint

Ah yes, I do love the way they can't take off/put on the gas tank without scratching it here.

Bless.

BTW, anyone going to Sumet Honda tmro for the ride to the motorshow, and your free tank of gas?

Edited by appropriate

For anyone that is interested.....I know a dealer that has 3 black 250R bikes in...............for sale. They arrived today at around 2pm. And they are not 'pre-orders' either.

Honda dealer next to Big C, Thanon Phetkasem, Bang Khae.

And yes.....I am going to the Sumet thing tomorrow. I gotta go early though.......having some rear skirts fitted to my PCX.

Edited by Phatcharanan

Sorry Brian, 130k for the ABS bike which includes 1st class insurance and the other goodies is a good price.

The guy who I got my exhaust from can be contacted here https://www.facebook.com/praram2bikes

In Bangkok 130k including insurance and goodies is an excellent price. I hunted around quite a lot and the best price was from a dealer I previously bought 2 bikes from, 130k for the ABS model with nothing included, not even a throw away helmet.

Does anyone know the 1/4 mile and 0-60mph times?

Earlier in the thread there was a link (thanks taichiplanet!) to a Japanese shootout between the CBR and the Ninja; however it only lists the 0-400 m times (darn close to a 1/4 mile). I've included the actual picture.

129548407592916301774_NEC_0279.JPG

Also interestingly they list (I'm assuming since I can't read Japanese) the Ninja as having a 7,64 km/h faster top end.

129548385511816101062_NEC_0278.JPG

***EDIT***

Also, here's a post that has the links to a Youtube video for 0-100 kph (0-62 MPH).

Edited by dave_boo