Kippers?

thaibebop

My daughter is a huge fan of Kipper the Dog. My wife asked me where they got the name. I told her I tought it was a food. I used to know, but for the life of me I can't remember, what a kipper is? Please, some one tell me.

Kippers? errmmm....ummm.....can be a fish I suppose. :D

Blind man as he walks passed a stall selling kippers "Hello Girls". :o

Moron

A kipper is a fish which has been split from tail to head, eviscerated, salted, and smoked. Typically the species is a herring or salmon but traditionally it would be any fish found in great numbers caught during its spawning period. Spawning fish are not good to eat fresh, and usually arrive in great abundance, thus they are salted and smoked to improve flavour and preservation.

A bloody smelly fish mate. Normally herrings that have been smoked.

:D

Look Like TH- Pla Khem (Dried Salt Fish)

Bambi :o

QUOTE(Gazza @ 2005-07-28 09:53:31)

Kippers? errmmm....ummm.....can be a fish I suppose. 

Blind man as he walks passed a stall selling kippers "Hello Girls".

yikkkkkkkkeeees :D

Moron

A kipper is a fish which has been split from tail to head, eviscerated, salted, and smoked. Typically the species is a herring or salmon but traditionally it would be any fish found in great numbers caught during its spawning period. Spawning fish are not good to eat fresh, and usually arrive in great abundance, thus they are salted and smoked to improve flavour and preservation.

Dead right mate,hence the saying "Split like a kipper",when something or someone has large cut/wound.Martin

Moron

Dead right mate,hence the saying "Split like a kipper",when something or someone has large cut/wound.Martin

:D:D:D

Herring are kippered for preservation aren't they?

I love the taste and used to eat them for for breakfast and dinner when I lived in a Scottish coastal city. I used to think that it was, in fact, a Scottish word, until I heard the Cockney word for slippers - kippers.

Ain't sure why, but evreytime I hear the word kipper, a smile comes to my face :D .

Just did a google and got KIPPERS - 'Kids in Parents' Pockets Eroding Retirement Savings.' : What retirement savings? :o