Thailand's PM Abhisit Tough On Suvarnabhumi Airport Graft Scandal

webfact

PM Tough on Airport Graft Scandal

BANGKOK: -- The Prime Minister insists on taking a tough stance on politicians who are found guilty in the Suvarnabhumi airport graft.

He also demands that the result of the inquiry be publicized.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva stressed that he will bring those responsible for graft in the Suvarnabhumi Airport parking lot services to justice, regardless of their political influence.

He went on to say that Transport Minister Sophon Sarum reported to him the progress of the investigation regarding the politician's involvement in the graft at the airport.

The premier also vowed to publicize the result of the inspection to ensure transparency of the inquiry.

Meanwhile, at the House session on October 14, there was a motion regarding the exploitation of public assets at the Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said that he will prosecute the culprit.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-10-16

footer_n.gif

And apart from the parking issue, what about King Power scammers and its monopoly? What about the nepotism from Thaksin and his cronies during construction and loaded contracts, low-qual building materials? Swampy is a cesspool but we have not seen all the 'gators' yet! ph34r.gif

mmmm he wants to ensure transparency, if only he did he same with the investigation into the slaughter of unarmed civilians by soldiers recently in the centre of the city, it would seem he has his priorities wrong, well he is hiding his own wrongdoings obviously.

mmmm he wants to ensure transparency, if only he did he same with the investigation into the slaughter of unarmed civilians by soldiers recently in the centre of the city, it would seem he has his priorities wrong, well he is hiding his own wrongdoings obviously.

What innocent unarmed "civilians?" you mean the stolen m79's and auto rifles, settin' the city ablaze?

I think we know who you are, and you got a new screen name. ;)

Which one, the 1973 or the 1976 massacre ?

Only the most pathetically ignorant believe this 'unarmed' rubbish. Why don't you spend a few minutes poking around on Youtube for 'Bangkok' and 'grenade'.

Only the most pathetically ignorant believe this 'unarmed' rubbish. Why don't you spend a few minutes poking around on Youtube for 'Bangkok' and 'grenade'.

May be you should read more carefully was he said!

Yes I read the 'slaughter of unarmed civilians', only wonder when that was. I remember 1973 and 1976, but you can hardly call that recently, now can you ?

Yes I read the 'slaughter of unarmed civilians', only wonder when that was. I remember 1973 and 1976, but you can hardly call that recently, now can you ?

I think you may have quoted the wrong post or are you saying those who were killed were armed?

By the way there was no massacre in 1976 as the official death toll still remains at 1 person.

(quote name='Crushdepth' timestamp='1287238556' post='3959501')

(quote)mmmm he wants to ensure transparency, if only he did he same with the investigation into the slaughter of unarmed civilians by soldiers recently in the centre of the city, it would seem he has his priorities wrong, well he is hiding his own wrongdoings obviously.(/quote)

(/quote)

I think you may have quoted the wrong post or are you saying those who were killed were armed?

By the way there was no massacre in 1976 as the official death toll still remains at 1 person.

Quoted right post, still visible. As for the official death toll in October 1976 being 1, you probably quote the late k. Samak who said something like that in a interview in 2008 while still PM with the PPP behind him. Wikipedia lists an official death toll of 46, some Thai families are still trying to find out where the others are.

Now 1976 was a slaughter, wikipedia says "By the official count, forty-six people died in the attack, during which protesters were shot, beaten and their bodies mutilated". All in a single day !

mmmm he wants to ensure transparency, if only he did he same with the investigation into the slaughter of unarmed civilians by soldiers recently in the centre of the city,

I guess he means the ones throwing molotov cocktails.

They lasted far longer than if I was in charge of security.

Could seem he has his priorities wrong, well he is hiding his own wrongdoings obviously.(/quote)

(/quote)

Quoted right post, still visible. As for the official death toll in October 1976 being 1, you probably quote the late k. Samak who said something like that in a interview in 2008 while still PM with the PPP behind him. Wikipedia lists an official death toll of 46, some Thai families are still trying to find out where the others are.

Now 1976 was a slaughter, wikipedia says "By the official count, forty-six people died in the attack, during which protesters were shot, beaten and their bodies mutilated". All in a single day !

Samak saying only 1 died in '76... and further BS concerning the Tak Bai massacre

Edited by Buchholz

(quote name='Crushdepth' timestamp='1287238556' post='3959501')

(quote)mmmm he wants to ensure transparency, if only he did he same with the investigation into the slaughter of unarmed civilians by soldiers recently in the centre of the city, it would seem he has his priorities wrong, well he is hiding his own wrongdoings obviously.(/quote)

(/quote)

Well it seems Wikipedia has now been updated!! now go ask a Thai how many people were officially killed according to Thai news and government at the time. I have heard from several people that the official death toll was 1.

But anyways its besides the point

Didn't answer the second question were those killed carrying weapons?

I do recall one man was carrying a flagpole does that count as a weapon?

Remember there were something like 70,000 security personnel in Bangkok at the time, including some working undercover even as protesters.

So why on Earth are they not able to show some conclusive evidence to what went on!!

Just to reiterate I have no doubt there were some armed protesters my question is were any of those killed carrying weapons?

Edited by monkfish

Well it seems Wikipedia has now been updated!! now go ask a Thai how many people were officially killed according to Thai news and government at the time. I have heard from several people that the official death toll was 1.

But anyways its besides the point

Didn't answer the second question were those killed carrying weapons?

I do recall one man was carrying a flagpole does that count as a weapon?

Remember there were something like 70,000 security personnel in Bangkok at the time, including some working undercover even as protesters.

So why on Earth are they not able to show some conclusive evidence to what went on!!

Just to reiterate I have no doubt there were some armed protesters my question is were any of those killed carrying weapons?

You insult many Thais with your very inappropriate remarks and blatant lies about October 1976. Furthermore you insult yourself, playing stupid.

You're not much better than friend Random who also tries to insinuate there was slaughter in Bangkok recently.

Don't worry, I don't hold it against you, some like to live in their own fantasy world. You probably like internet filtering, gives you a chance to block out what you don't want to know or read.

Disgusting.

I know what I know from Thais and not from Wikipedia.

Why would Samak also make the claim that only 1 person died??

He was after all in charge of the operation at the time.

Did he have a bad memory?

I am actually happy they have updated the quota to something more realistic.

You are way out of line and somehow I think you know it. So here some from Thammasat students

http://www.asiamedia.ucla.edu/article.asp?parentid=87178

You are way out of line and somehow I think you know it. So here some from Thammasat students

http://www.asiamedia...?parentid=87178

Ok not going to pursue the matter any more and take back my comments as being false at this moment in time.

As I recall, I received the information just before Samak became PM it was actually from anti Samak people i.e. Thai Democrats

I will however make some personal investigation just to confirm the information is wrong.

Edited by monkfish

Can there ever be peace in thailand :ph34r::blink::(

http://www.asiamedia...?parentid=87178

Ok not going to pursue the matter any more and take back my comments as being false at this moment in time.

As I recall, I received the information just before Samak became PM it was actually from anti Samak people i.e. Thai Democrats

I will however make some personal investigation just to confirm the information is wrong.