Is There A Direct Busline Chiangmai - Pattaya V.V. ?

bangkokcitylimits

I'm not sure what "V.V." means, but Nackonchai Air at the Arcade bus station goes directly to Pattaya and handles packages for a reasonable fee..

Vice-versa

Meaning

The reverse of the previous statement, with the main items transposed. It derives from Latin, with the translation being 'the other way round' or 'the position being reversed', but is now fully absorbed into English.

It is usually used to imply the complement of a statement without expressing as much in words. For example:

"Fish can't live where we are most comfortable, and vice-versa".

Often mispronounced, as vie-sa ver-sa, and consequently misspelt as visa versa. It should be pronounced vie-si ver-sa.

Origin

It is found in print quite early, as in Anthony Copley's An answere to a letter of a Jesuited gentleman by his cousin, 1601:

"They are like to bee put to such a penance and the Arch-Priests vice-versa to be suspended and attained as Schismaticall."

A similar term, 'arsy versy', has now become archaic. For example, from Richard Taverner's Prouerbes or adagies with newe addicions, gathered out of the Chiliades of Erasmus, 1539:

"Ye set the cart before the horse - cleane contrarily and arsy versy as they say."

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/vice-versa.html

:jap:

Vice-Versa would not have to be explained. ;)

With the full stops following each letter it is apparent it is an abreviation so all you need to do is go to an online dictionary such as acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/VV . Very easy....you do not even need to buy a book :unsure:

Edited by harrry

As UG said NCA. The bus does not go into Bangkok its on the Chiang Mai Rayong ruin. Schedule.

http://www.nca.co.th/runway.php

Thanks to both of you guys <_<

If you knew what I have send from Pattaya to Chiang Mai you would say 'hey you order me also some !!!'

(Delicious Dutch Smoked Sausages)

rookworst-grof-gesn-KLEIN.jpg

By mail it just takes too long.

As UG said NCA. The bus does not go into Bangkok its on the Chiang Mai Rayong ruin. Schedule.

Thanks to both of you guys <_<

If you knew what I have send from Pattaya to Chiang Mai you would say 'hey you order me also some !!!'

(Delicious Dutch Smoked Sausages)

rookworst-grof-gesn-KLEIN.jpg

By mail it just takes too long.

A simple is there a direct bus from Patatia to Chiang Mai would have done

A simple is there a direct bus from Patatia to Chiang Mai would have done

Patatia ? Patat is Belgium for a peeled potatoe and Dutch for french fries.

Perhaps you refer to the average guys that love Pattaya (peeled potato heads) and what they prefer to eat (fries) ?

Just guess...

emoa.gif

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

You think my phonenumber written on the box will be enough to identify myself when I go to receive the box ? (to avoid name spelling error hassle)

The sender already went to the NKC office to check times etc.

Thanks again.

Never rode an NKC bus myself, they seem to be good...

You think my phonenumber written on the box will be enough to identify myself when I go to receive the box ? (to avoid name spelling error hassle)

The sender already went to the NKC office to check times etc.

Thanks again.

Never rode an NKC bus myself, they seem to be good...

Your phone number should do but have them put some kind of name that you can produce. As for NCA just for a change I well take them to Pattaya a about 11 hours and to Surin 14 hours. Great service. There should be ticket number for your package that you can use.

Edited by gotlost

Your phone number should do but have them put some kind of name that you can produce. As for NCA just for a change I well take them to Pattaya a about 11 hours and to Surin 14 hours. Great service. There should be ticket number for your package that you can use.

I only took the 12hr bus to Udontani from Suksa tours several times, I won't call this a 'horror' like the old VIP buses from Tsjakkapong are, but still long bus trips are not on my list of 'likes' and will never be. Feel locked up, and the feeling of 'waiting' and 'bored' is dominant. Closing all the lights even individual lights at 8:30, because the people are supposed to go sleep looks pretty retarded to me, I'd love to kill the time with books, laptop etc, to make night shorter. But no, you are supposed to go sleep at 8:30 as if customers are babies. In the bus you are even not allowed to open a can of beer !

No I love trains, even if they are not on time I don't care, the restaurant (bkk>cm>bkk) is very entertaining and has good food and beer, you can walk up and down to stretch your legs, hang around with people, put few footsteps or buy something on the many cute decorated stations (thai trainstations are a world on it's own!) and on the train even you can take a shower ! Last time however bkk>cm was very very hot in my favorite 2nd class sleeper, the only time I wished I'd booked an aircon car, but that ones are boring can't open the windows, bla bla bla etc.

:lol:

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

With the full stops following each letter it is apparent it is an abreviation so all you need to do is go to an online dictionary such as acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/VV . Very easy....you do not even need to buy a book :unsure:

Why use an abbreviation that many people will not understand in a post where you are looking for help? Most posters will ignore it, rather than searching the web for a dictionary with acronyms. ;)

Why use an abbreviation that many people will not understand in a post where you are looking for help? Most posters will ignore it, rather than searching the web for a dictionary with acronyms. ;)

Really don't get you point, if there is one. e.g. this last post of yours was also a waste of time etc. ;)

OOPS! I mean 'example given' and 'etcetera', just for you. sorry khaaa :lol:

Ok Children are we going to go on about V.V for ever we all know what it means lets move on.

Ignorance appears to be contagious...

boring.gif

Harrry, why would you suggest that it makes sense for a reader, in order to render assistance to the original poster, go online to decipher a post so that assistance can be provided? That makes no sense.

Perhaps V.V. is commonly used in Great Britain, or from wherever the poster hails, but it is not commonly known elsewhere.

Then, instead of being conciliatory to the reader who is providing suggestions in response to the original post, the original poster attacks the reader.

Ignorance indeed. :whistling:

Edited by venturalaw

Harrry, why would you suggest that it makes sense for a reader, in order to render assistance to the original poster, go online to decipher a post so that assistance can be provided? That makes no sense.

Perhaps V.V. is commonly used in Great Britain, or from wherever the poster hails, but it is not commonly known elsewhere.

Then, instead of being conciliatory to the reader who is providing suggestions in response to the original post, the original poster attacks the reader.

Ignorance indeed. :whistling:

Perhaps you have smileys turned off ? The post you refer too contains some ;);) (winks)

We don't attack here just kidding.

;) (wink)

Enough on the abbreviations, back on topic please, any further posts going off topic will be removed.

The last time I sent something from Pattaya to Chiang Mai, they wanted to see an identification with address matching what was on the box, it didnt matter so much the box arrived half destroyed from water leaking in to the storage section from the rain.

EMS from Pattaya seems to go via Bangkok and that makes it take two days instead of next day to Chiang Mai, so maybe not so good for food.

The product looks great.

Enough on the abbreviations, back on topic please, any further posts going off topic will be removed.

The last time I sent something from Pattaya to Chiang Mai, they wanted to see an identification with address matching what was on the box, it didnt matter so much the box arrived half destroyed from water leaking in to the storage section from the rain.

EMS from Pattaya seems to go via Bangkok and that makes it take two days instead of next day to Chiang Mai, so maybe not so good for food.

The product looks great.

Hi,

I don't have an identification with Thai address, the sender will write my phone number and PO box address on the box, if they do make trouble I can call the sender to talk with them.

Yes the product is a culinary delight, great with mashed potatoes or warm on bread or as cold snack with a beer or whiskey, I ordered 10 extra 250 gram/90b each. The first time they sended some products by mail took 3 days and some fresh liver sausage was rotten on arrival, the ones above are more stable but by bus is the best solution, in a foambox filled with ice.

Thanks to everybody for given info.

The first time they sended some products by mail took 3 days and some fresh liver sausage was rotten on arrival, the ones above are more stable but by bus is the best solution, in a foambox filled with ice.

Aah! I was going to ask about the risks of sending foodstuff on a twelve hour journey in the tropics as the luggage compartment will almost certainly not be a/c'ed. But you've answered my question though if they charge by weight you paying to transport water, you thought about using dry ice?

There, and I didn't mention the VV(ar)! :D

The first time they sended some products by mail took 3 days and some fresh liver sausage was rotten on arrival, the ones above are more stable but by bus is the best solution, in a foambox filled with ice.

Aah! I was going to ask about the risks of sending foodstuff on a twelve hour journey in the tropics as the luggage compartment will almost certainly not be a/c'ed. But you've answered my question though if they charge by weight you paying to transport water, you thought about using dry ice?

There, and I didn't mention the VV(ar)! :D

Dry ice ??? Is that made from frozen dry water ?

What is dry ice sir ?